2021 3* QB Kyron Drones (Baylor)

toddc

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

In your open, who are top 3 QS's that Morris is recruiting.

My guess is Davis, Salter, & Drones. Those are the 3 I have read the most about.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how you found it but good stuff

Wasn’t hard just googled “shadow creek” and “2018 quarterback” and his name popped up

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Wasn’t hard just googled “shadow creek” and “2018 quarterback” and his name popped up

Surprising at was that easy at the high school level. It's usually not.

Surprising at was that easy at the high school level. It's usually not.

Remember this is Texas high school football we’re talking about. They operate differently than everybody else when it comes to HS football 

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Remember this is Texas high school football we’re talking about. They operate differently than everybody else when it comes to HS football 

tenor.gif

Dual-threat QB from Texas has Auburn 'at the top'

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Auburn has moved to the top of the list for one of the best dual-threat quarterbacks in the 2021 class.

Kyron Drones, from Shadow Creek near Houston, Texas, has yet to visit Auburn, but that doesn’t stop him from naming the Tigers his leader.

“They are at the top,” Drones said. “Auburn is No. 1. They have been talking to me the most, recruiting me hard. They have been straightforward with me from the beginning and I really like the coaches.”

That includes new offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Chad Morris, who recruits the state of Texas for Auburn. Drones and Morris have developed a strong bond, one that dates back to Morris’ time as head coach at Arkansas.

“I talked to Coach Morris and Coach (Gus) Malzahn a few days ago, but I mainly talk to Coach Morris,” Drones said. “Coach Morris is a cool dude and is very straightforward with me. We talk a lot. He’s been checking on me every couple of days and has been recruiting me since he was at Arkansas.”

Drones planned to visit Auburn last week, but had to cancel after the NCAA enforced a dead period due to the COVID-19 outbreak. He will make the visit as soon as possible, hopefully during the summer.

Drones doesn’t plan to make a commitment before then.

“I’m not going to commit during all this,” Drones said. “I still want to visit all the schools I can and try and make a decision before my senior season, maybe in July or August.”

Drones said Arkansas and Vanderbilt round out his top three.

“Those are the schools that are recruiting me the hardest right now,” Drones said.

As a junior, Drones completed 199-of-345 passes (58%) for 3,390 yards with 46 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He rushed for 825 yards and 18 touchdowns on 134 carries (6.2 avg.).

Love that we are at or near the top for what looks like our top three QB targets.

Drones, Davis, and who else?

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn beat me to it.

I didn’t think he was our top target but Auburn seems to be the favorite. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I didn’t think he was our top target

He's likely not. Keith thinks he will pick Baylor.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's likely not. Keith thinks he will pick Baylor.

Really? That’s interesting. I need an announcement to go our way lol. 

Seeing all the CB’s to Baylor sounds like you’re right. So no Salter and no Drones.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Seeing all the CB’s to Baylor sounds like you’re right. So no Salter and no Drones.

It looks like Chad Morris is all in on Davis.

It looks like Chad Morris is all in on Davis.

As he should be. They’re all talented but Davis is “the one”

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

I call it "Slip-Sliding Away". For close to ten years we saw it with linebackers, more recently with O-linemen. We start out with a bunch of big name prospects on the board. Then a few commit elsewhere and we say there are still some great ones left. Then a month before signing day all those great ones have committed elsewhere we're out scratching for plans B and C. Of course we hope this doesn't happen with this year's QB class, but it's already made a start. :(

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I call it "Slip-Sliding Away". For close to ten years we saw it with linebackers, more recently with O-linemen. We start out with a bunch of big name prospects on the board. Then a few commit elsewhere and we say there are still some great ones left. Then a month before signing day all those great ones have committed elsewhere we're out scratching for plans B and C. Of course we hope this doesn't happen with this year's QB class, but it's already made a start. :(

Good description and even more so that it came from Still Crazy After All These Years which is somewhat fitting too. It's not surprising about the QB recruiting based on recent history. I sure hope Morris can make a difference. Gus is literally banking on it. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Good description and even more so that it came from Still Crazy After All These Years which is somewhat fitting too. It's not surprising about the QB recruiting based on recent history. I sure hope Morris can make a difference. Gus is literally banking on it. 

Too many of 'em make a new plan, Stan.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

it's already made a start.

No it hasn’t. Not yet anyway. Davis was Chad Morris’s top target from the moment he came to Auburn. The way the info is trending now I expect him to flip from Virginia tech within a month after visits to open up and he visit Auburn.

39 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It’s not true on QB recruiting, not yet anyway

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* QB Kyron Drones (Baylor)

Archived