Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook

homersapien

On 4/2/2020 at 12:20 PM, homersapien said:

The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

Seems like if you read down a little it says they read and updated the plan with more current information gleaned from Ebola and others. Then used the new plan not the old one.  Good post Homer, just as wrong as all your others. Orange man bad.

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Seems like if you read down a little it says they read and updated the plan with more current information gleaned from Ebola and others. Then used the new plan not the old one.  Good post Homer, just as wrong as all your others. Orange man bad.

Are you referring to the new plan Trump started following since he was alerted to the epidemic in January?  The one he continued to follow after the majority of content in his daily intelligence briefings consisted on information on the threat? https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-intelligence-warned-trump-of-pandemic-in-january-2020-3

The new plan that included the pandemic early warning program that Trump cut in September? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/trump-scrapped-pandemic-early-warning-program-system-before-coronavirus

Trump didn't "use" any plan, old or new.  He ignored them all.

Pull your head out and start educating yourself.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, homersapien said:

Right on schedule:  Blame China, Blame Obama, Blame Democrats, Blame the media.

justthenews

On 4/2/2020 at 12:20 PM, homersapien said:

The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.

This was developed during the Obama reign. Therefore, it needed to be ignored.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

justthenews

You found John Solomon's new venture. Spam the board some more with it, please. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This was developed during the Obama reign. Therefore, it needed to be ignored.

Please tell me you're being ironic. 

I did a internship with a state's Public Health department pre-Trump. Sat in on and participated in budgets meetings, distribution training, communication, and preparation in cooperation with the CDC involving the SNS.

The failures are the result of multiple presidents and administrations.

10 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I did a internship with a state's Public Health department pre-Trump. Sat in on and participated in budgets meetings, distribution training, communication, and preparation in cooperation with the CDC involving the SNS.

The failures are the result of multiple presidents and administrations.

This has been a building problem across administrations, true. Still the level of chaos and discontinuity Trump has brought to the federal government is unmatched. The lack of preparation has been true over time. The lack of anything approaching a nimble or even remotely thoughtful response and the things that fell through leading up to it is pure Trump.

51 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This has been a building problem across administrations, true. Still the level of chaos and discontinuity Trump has brought to the federal government is unmatched. The lack of preparation has been true over time. The lack of anything approaching a nimble or even remotely thoughtful response and the things that fell through leading up to it is pure Trump.

I think the Trump Administration is doing a fine job of dealing with an unprecedented situation. Believe me, if Trump stopped this pandemic with one snap of his fingers there are some on the left who would gripe because he didn't snap soon enough, or the action was somehow racist, sexist, or xenophobic. Don't y'all ever get tired of whining?

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Please tell me you're being ironic. 

It's a fair guess, since roughly 90% of Obama's actions were anti-American. The more of them that get canned, the better. I'm just playing some very compelling percentages.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I think the Trump Administration is doing a fine job of dealing with an unprecedented situation. Believe me, if Trump stopped this pandemic with one snap of his fingers there are some on the left who would gripe because he didn't snap soon enough, or the action was somehow racist, sexist, or xenophobic. Don't y'all ever get tired of whining?

Ever get tired of being a mindless sycophant?

On 4/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, homersapien said:

Right on schedule:  Blame China, Blame Obama, Blame Democrats, Blame the media.

if people gave obama as many passes as they give trump obama would be a saint and they would be selling religious medals of him already.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's a fair guess, since roughly 90% of Obama's actions were anti-American. The more of them that get canned, the better. I'm just playing some very compelling percentages.

prove obama was unamerican............or post some links.

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

You found John Solomon's new venture. Spam the board some more with it, please. 

Spam? LOL. I'm sure you have proof?

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Spam? LOL. I'm sure you have proof?

On it being Solomon's attempt to reset? I mean, his name is on the masthead. 

On your spamming? You've posted that article 6 times now. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

On it being Solomon's attempt to reset? I mean, his name is on the masthead. 

On your spamming? You've posted that article 6 times now. 

The article is factual regardless of Solomon. It was written by Christine Dolan former Political Director of CNN.

Did you find something erroneous in her reporting?

I could post factual articles a dozen times and the clueless will still be the clueless. 

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The article is factual regardless of Solomon. It was written by Christine Dolan former Political Director of CNN.

Did you find something erroneous in her reporting?

No. In fact, it's a decent piece highlighting our deficiencies on preparedness.

I could post factual articles a dozen times and the clueless will still be the clueless. 

Life throws a lot of things at you. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.

I don’t blame him for the outbreak, though hindsight is always 20/20 and his missteps have made this a perfect storm, but he’s not stepped up to the moment. Don’t be so inclined to pass the proverbial buck. 

He boned this, badly. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No. In fact, it's a decent piece highlighting our deficiencies on preparedness.

Life throws a lot of things at you. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.

I don’t blame him for the outbreak, though hindsight is always 20/20 and his missteps have made this a perfect storm, but he’s not stepped up to the moment. Don’t be so inclined to pass the proverbial buck. 

He boned this, badly. 

I think somewhere in between. Not great as some of his supporters desire, but not nearly as bad as media portrays. I can only base that on facts from the medical community experts of course, not the media. If I look at the roughly 200 countries impacted, I think we are top 10. About what one would expect i guess. JMO.

Well someone agreed anyway. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/president-trumps-coronavirus-response-in-context/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=blog-post&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=more-in&utm_term=first

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm going to be really blunt here, Mikey. 

You're a blithering idiot. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I'm going to be really blunt here, Mikey. 

You're a blithering idiot. 

The few people that have ever called me that were all left wing extremists. So I can't be too far off track.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

prove obama was unamerican............or post some links.

Anti-American "apology tours". Fast and Furious. Soylndra scandal. Behghazi. That should be enough to chew on for a few months.

Archived