2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

"Auburn is just another North Shore"

Huge compliment to the culture Gus and the staff are building.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

"Auburn is just another North Shore"

Huge compliment to the culture Gus and the staff are building.

I like his no nonsense approach and I can’t wait to see him in an Auburn uniform. Just win!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, toddc said:

I like his no nonsense approach and I can’t wait to see him in an Auburn uniform. Just win!

That's what he does

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's what he does

Means so much when the rest of the offense likes and respects the QB. Davis has already shown that he's that kind of guy. It's almost a given that he'll hold the locker room. Exciting stuff with all the young talent we appear to be surrounding him with. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our Deshaun Watson. Calling it right now.

id just take Tajh Boyd tbh 

and really, if he's the program shifter that alot of us have been propping him up to be, that was what Tajh was. He was that guy that's probably going to be remembered more fondly amongst the fanbase than nationally, but he is/was just as important to Clemson being what they are now as Deshaun or Trevor, even though the accolades won't reflect that 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

id just take Tajh Boyd tbh 

and really, if he's the program shifter that alot of us have been propping him up to be, that was what Tajh was. He was that guy that's probably going to be remembered more fondly amongst the fanbase than nationally, but he is/was just as important to Clemson being what they are now as Deshaun or Trevor, even though the accolades won't reflect that 

Bo nix is suppose to be Boyd. This guy I am thinking will get us another championship. 

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bo nix is suppose to be Boyd. This guy I am thinking will get us another championship. 

@DAG I think the better comp & the one we are hopeful for here if he pans out is Russell Wilson. DD & RW are quite a bit more similar than DD & DW.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I had a different post than this written, but theoretically, you are right, and my premise in posting this was wrong. Tajh was there in 2010 (as a backup), so he wasn't Chad's first guy (in 2011), like I initially though. Bo would be Tajh by my logic. 

• 3 weeks later...

Davis has a huge game tonight I believe against the #2 ranked team in 6A (if I read it correctly).  I was hoping it would be on National TV but I don't think it is. Bummer! 

Think I saw that Davis' team is ranked #2 in the country right now.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

how the hell did Alabama get Milroe right after Bryce is beyond me....

but I like to hear that about Dematrius. Probably the closest we'll get to a Marshall in terms of just leg movement. 

He reminds me a lot of D’eriq King. Electric with the ball. 

• Like 1

I see Gus doing this with the Players and I understand why they love him.  Gus is almost a perfect coach.  He genuinely loves his players and his players love him. He runs a very clean programs and his players graduate. He has put together a great staff and considering who we are recruiting against where at best we are the second or third favorite team  as we have to compete against  in state teams in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and now Texas we doing pretty darn good. He came here as an O guru when Auburn D was down. His O worked for a while and he upgraded his D staff and now D is a strength. His one real weakness was on O as teams caught up with his system he did not adjust and never could totally release the O reins.  After one game it appears he has finally allowed an O coordinator be the O coordinator. I have to wait till we have a bad O game as every team does, if Gus will still allow Morris to do his job.  Then he will have become the coach that Auburn needs. 

Time will tell if Gus can be a head coach who lets his coordinators have free rein. No head coach totally gives up decision making on O or D.  A head coach has final decision on going for it on 4th down or a fake punt a 2 point conversion and listens in on the game plans. But should not be involved on a play by play decision.  I would love to see Gus succeed so I can get back on the Gus Bus that I left a long time ago.

• Like 4