2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

30 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

DD plays in State semis today against Austin Westlake. Should be a great game!! 

Looking forward to it

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

@TXaubie @bigbirdyou guys have any idea how someone in Alabama could watch that game?

https://www.texanlive.com/galenaparkisd/northshore/

https://abc13.com/texan-live-high-school-basketball-game-of-the-week-texas/6539471

• Thanks 2

I'm watching it and its kinda' tough game for him. Couple of good plays but 2 interceptions

edit: got beat....he is a gamer but didn't look as quick today as he did 2 weeks ago when I first saw him play

Edited by chizhead
  • Dislike 1

Lost to Austin Westlake in State Semi Finals. Which is to bad, if they had won, DD would have played against Southlake Carroll who has #1 2022 QB Quinn Ewers

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Lost to Austin Westlake in State Semi Finals. Which is to bad, if they had won, DD would have played against Southlake Carroll who has #1 2022 QB Quinn Ewers

Yeah, I watched the 2nd half and it became obvious,very quickly, that Westlake was a smarter, more disciplined and better coached team and I was hoping Davis would play like he did with his 7 TD game that I saw 2 weeks ago. He didn't

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Gotta have ALL the pieces of the puzzle around him. He’ll do well at AU. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, bigbird said:

Thanks bird it's always awesome to have a real moderator that actually offers something!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn QB signee wins prestigious award in Texas

by Keith Niebuhr

28 minutes ago

Every year since 1980, the Touchdown Club of Houston has honored the top football players in the Greater Houston area. It's a major honor for those who play in what truly is one of the top football-producing regions in the country.

Based on his accomplishments in 2020 and the seasons prior, it's no surprise that Auburn quarterback signee Dematrius Davis of North Shore High was named Offensive Player of the Year on Wednesday.

The No. 8 dual-threat quarterback nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, he went 51-3 as a high school starter. In his final season, Davis was 177-of-252 passing for 3,553 yards, 37 touchdowns and 4 interceptions with 121 carries for 876 yards and 22 touchdowns as North Shore went 14-1, losing only to eventual state champ Austin Westlake in the Class 6A Division I semifinals.

Davis signed with the Tigers on Dec. 16 and enrolled at Auburn this week.

Listed at 5-feet-10.5, 200 pounds, he's the No. 34 recruit in the state of Texas for the 2021 class.

Davis beat out 11 other finalists to win this award, including his North Shore teammate, wide receiver Shadrach Banks, a Texas A&M signee. Another finalists of note was 4-star uncommitted running back LJ Johnson. The Houston Cy-Fair product is ranked as the No. 40 overall prospect in the country and plans to sign in February.

Here's a complete look at the finalists Davis beat out ...

North Shore WR Shadrach Banks (Texas A&M)

Alvin Shadow Creek QB Kyron Drones (Baylor)

Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster (Texas A&M)

Cypress Bridgeland WR Dylan Goffney (SMU)

Richmond Foster WR Cody Jackson (Oklahoma)

Houston Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson

Katy Mayde Creek RB Julius Loughridge (Fordham)

Tomball Memorial WR Joseph Manjack (USC)

Katy Tompkins QB Jalen Milroe (Alabama)

Houston Heights RB Kendric Rhymes

Fort Bend Ridge Point WR John Paul Richardson (Oklahoma State)

Edited by Paladin
Add article
  • Like 5

On 1/10/2021 at 3:22 AM, AlaskanFAN said:

Cool back story and way off topic, but  Westlake’s coach (Todd Dodge) is the former Southlake coach and father of current Southlake coach (Riley Dodge). So father vs son in state finals. Father taught son a lesson!!

Neither of those school’s kids have to worry about anything. Their biggest decision each day is what they want for lunch, and I’m sure Mom brings that to them. 

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, has Davis enrolled in school? He was said to be an early enrollee and be able to go through Spring practice.

It’s move-in day for a handful of football signees

VIP  ByKEITH NIEBUHR Jan 10, 8:34 AM 

For a handful of Auburn signees, it's move-in day at Auburn.

-WILL ARRIVE BY THURSDAY: QB Dematrius Davis, Houston (Texas) North Shore: Davis wanted to drive to Auburn on Sunday, but got banged up in his most recent game and is seeing a doctor Monday. He told Auburn Undercover the injury is not serious. "I should be (in Auburn) before Thursday," he said.

Article from 247 on January 10th

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, has Davis enrolled in school? He was said to be an early enrollee and be able to go through Spring practice.

@Mikey Yes. Last week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Cool back story and way off topic, but  Westlake’s coach (Todd Dodge) is the former Southlake coach and father of current Southlake coach (Riley Dodge). So father vs son in state finals. Father taught son a lesson!!

Neither of those school’s kids have to worry about anything. Their biggest decision each day is what they want for lunch, and I’m sure Mom brings that to them. 

I remember “Dodge Ball” before he left for UNT in Denton. I grew up in Grapevine which is next to Southlake, where we had our farm. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

He’s enrolled which is why he couldn’t accept his award in person 

• Like 1

• Like 2

most people do not realize texas is bigger than a lot of countries so when this qb makes numba one on anything texas i believe it means more than it might seem. i hope i am right. this cat looks legit.

• Like 2

There will be very serious competition when he gets to campus.  Probably redshirt and then split a few special reps his freshmen year.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to Dematrius Davis named MaPreps Texas High School Football Player of the Year
  • ellitor changed the title to Dematrius Davis Wins Player Of Year Award
6 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Suppose Bo is a little anxious?

@AUGoo not yet. We really need a seasoned quality QB to come in and push him.

I don't know man....did any of you see him successfully throw a bubble screen?  

I have my doubts about this cat.

He tossed like 3500yds and only 38 TDs this year.  That's not a good ratio don't think.    And they conveniently left out his picks.   I suspect he is a turnover machine.

Maybe we can get Gatewood back and develop him.

yes, I am being sarcastic.  If he doesn't make it, hopefully he transfers out of the SEC.

Edited by Beaker
  • Haha 2