2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

No, that MaxPreps ranking is quite obviously measuring "career accomplishments" in HS. Demetrius Davis was a great HS player, but obviously he was also playing for a great team. They aren't implying that he's the 20th best QB to come out of HS in the past 20 years. We know that isn't the case because otherwise he'd be a 5-star recruit.

Gotcha. Makes more sense now. Hope I’m wrong and he is better than both!

1 hour ago, metafour said:

No, that MaxPreps ranking is quite obviously measuring "career accomplishments" in HS. Demetrius Davis was a great HS player, but obviously he was also playing for a great team. They aren't implying that he's the 20th best QB to come out of HS in the past 20 years. We know that isn't the case because otherwise he'd be a 5-star recruit.

He would’ve been a 5 star if he performed better in the summer camps. He had 5 star regular seasons but 3 star camp performances

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He would’ve been a 5 star if he performed better in the summer camps. He had 5 star regular seasons but 3 star camp performances

Could be wrong, but I don't think being <6' helps his ranking, either. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Am I supposed to believe 4* DD is better than Tua and Matt Stafford at this stage? 

I took it based off HS careers. So in that case...yes ...yes you are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

@Sizzle With his height & build unlikely IMO.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Could be wrong, but I don't think being <6' helps his ranking, either. 

Maybe, but him being a Texas 6A QB helped a lot. They always gets a lot of hype.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Maybe, but him being a Texas 6A QB helped a lot. They always gets a lot of hype.

I think we're actually saying the same thing.