Who would you choose?

aubie123

This is if Coach Tuberville is fired, which he won't be, at least not this year. I want to know who my fellow Auburn fans would pick as Head Coach and why they would pick them. Personally I'd like to get Mike Stoops.

Tommy is going nowhere but since this thread asks the question, I'll give my answer.

Patrick Fayne Dye

Dye is too busy selling cranes and driving bulldozers to coach... :rolleyes:

Mike Stoops will be a HC this coming season that is true. Where will he go...out of the possible choices, I would think he'd die to come to AU with the talent that we have coming back. The important thing is to find a coach with enough common sense to hire an offensive coordinator that can run an unpredictable offense and can maximize the tools we have on the team.

A coach that can assemble a staff that will DEVELOP the players...can we say that Jason Campbell has improved much since he first came to the scene? Have our receivers developed to a level that one would have expected? A coach that can find someone to field solid special teams...with all the talent and speed on our team, I cannot believe how bad we are in the return game...not to mention not being able to field a decent place kicking game.

Frankly there are probably dozens of coaches that would assemble a better staff and get more out of the Tigers that CTT...But I am sure we will give CTT another shot next year and we'll turn in another 8-5.

WDE!

Jack

Tommy is going nowhere but since this thread asks the question, I'll give my answer.

Patrick Fayne Dye

Aw, cmon. Dye resurrected Auburn but if you think we have offensive problems now, you should look at some of the tapes from Dye's last couple of years.

I'm NOT a football expert(never played, never coached, never even talked to someone really knowledgable) but my friends and I could look at our formations in those years and could predict Pass/Run and which direction >70% of the time. I always figured if we could do it, the people paid to review film all week could do it also.

Mike Stoops, and he can bring along Oklahoma's OC, Chuck Long. ;)

(I mentioned this on another topic, the irony of Chuck Long coming to AU, the guy Bo beat in the closest Heisman vote ever.)

Does anyone else find it ironic that our ex-offensive cordinator has taken a team (that he never recruited one player for) to a 7-2 record, barely losing those two games in the L column. meanwhile we have TT, i refuse to call him a head coach because that would be a slap in the face to other coaches around the country who actually show emotion. We have a 6-4 record, and have looked pitiful all year long.

I think going back and hiring Petrino would be the best move Auburn has made in a long time. He has emotion and a desire to win which TT does not even come close to. Bobby Petrino will be one of the rising stars in coaching because he plans and he motivates and that is what our school needs. If i have to watch poor TT sit there with no emotion and then talk about poor playing on the news and papers i think i am going to throw up. I would except a couple loses this year as long as we came out and played, but to get wiped by LSU, USC and GT is unacceptable. TT should go back to being a Defensive Coordinator because there is no place he should ever be a head coach and especially not a special program such as Auburn. For once Auburn should do the right thing, cut your losses by buying out his horribly stupid contract and get a winner in there that shows emotion and brings his team to play. And whatever you do Housel, do not give him a frickin extension and bonus after one good year. A coach should have incentive to produce just like any CEO does. IF i was TT i would not care about losing games either because he is set for life after brilliant Housel gave him the bank. pitiful, hire Petrino and watch auburn take off.

I don't think tubs would get fired if we lose out. I am gonna be so ill if we lose out. We have to atleast beat bummer. If alabama and uga beat us and we dont show up for the game I will be calling for tt's head. I like him as our coach but if he can't get it done, he needs to go. If he needs to hire an oc do it. Time is running out. We have loads of talent with a record of 6-4 that is unacceptable, especially when we were so high in the preseason. Well anyway Come on Au get it together.

WAR EAGLE

Keep Tub , Please !!!

If you fire him , he will ironically end up in the worst place possible Ohhh Cruel fate . What better man to lead a MSU through probation than TT.....

that would be a nightmare to hear all the necks over there cacklin' , even worse than that Spurrier will probably be let go .... making him open for Aub....

Nothing would be worse than that , for me anyway ...

AUVirgina, that was the best post I have seen on this board. I totally agree, I think that Petrino would be the best guy for Auburn. First of all, he's familiar with the players that we currently have. Even though he was at Auburn for one year, he is somewhat familiar with this area in recruiting. He is young and the best young coach out there.

Just like you, I totally agree that giving Tuberville a contract after one good year was an act of bafoonerie. Housel is a moron and an embarrassment. He needs to go as well. Here's a list of other coaches that I think would be great for us:

Jimbo Fisher: He's known as a great offensive mind, and a solid recruiter. He is respected tremendously by the players at LSU.

Mike Stoops: Just as responsible for OU's success as Bob Stoops.

Jim Leavitt: Built a program from scratch and has had tremendous success. He also knows the state of Fl, which is the hot bead for recruiting.

Gary Patterson: TCU is undefeated and he has really extended the success that Fran was building. His methods of coaching are identical to Fran, which are methods for success.

This might be a stupid idea but what about Norm Chow at USC? Although I don't know alot about his situation at USC and he has no connections to the school or even the area as far as I know. Also, bama tried that west coast thing last year and it really didn't work out.

I agree with everyone who has mentioned Patrino, Stoops, and Chow. All are excellent choices. I do, however, take exception to the suggestion that Mazzone is responsible for NC State’s success, rather he is responsible for at least one of the losses. I watched the OT between OSU and NC St. without the knowledge that Mazzone was the OC for the Wolfpack. On state’s final serious I thought, “What horrible play calling. It looked like the stupid crap Mazzone used to do.” Then they showed the sidelined and I understood.

I like the idea of Stoops. People always are saying "who could you get thats better than CTT?".. Well, we have named atleast 3 or 4 good names.. that I think would jump at the chance of coming here. We have the bank, the facilities and the talent. I think Stoops would be the best choice. Maybe he could bring some of those recruits from Oklahoma and Texas with him!

I don't think tubs would get fired if we lose out.

If we lost to Alabama this year, it will be all 3 Bama games at Auburn that Tuberville will have lost, and 2 of those years he was (or will be) heavily favored. I think that would be the straw that broke the camel's back...

thanks for the props TigerJS. This was actually my first post on this site and i am glad i have found a place to vent my frustration against TT. i have loved Auburn since i was 13 and this has been as painful as any year as i can remember. i just hope to start hearing rumors of who Auburn is flying in to discuss the head job. i will never send our football program a dollar as long as TT is there. I just hope that somebody with as much class as Petrino and stoops will consider the job and fulfill the huge vacancy in our program. they can keep TT on defense if they want.

The only thing I have against Stoops is one of my roomates is from Oklahoma City and his brother went to OU (graduated 2 years ago) and when I brought up Stoops name to the MSU job he railed about how OU fans love him but everyone knows he is a bit crazy (fights in bars, ext...) with stuff and that, that is what turns many AD's off from him.

I have no idea if its true or not but that caught me by surprise.

Guys! Aren't you all forgetting something important? Who are the two most successful coaches in Auburn history? Ralph "Shug" Jordan and Patrick Fain Dye! Why? Because both of t hem were familiar with Auburn's history, culture and plight. By that I mean background as a land-grant college, their loyalty and pride, and their long suffering plight to fight for space and recognition in a state where the mighty "Crimson Turds" reside. Like it or not, we HAVE been considered the "red headed stepchild" in this state for over a hundred years by both Bammer and the Bammer controlled media. Make no mistake, will always fight for our right for both space and attention on this planet where Bammer resides.

To have a CHANCE to overcome that, we MUST, when we hire someone, hire a person who fits the Dye and Shug mold in terms of loyalty and love for Auburn and a desire to carry us to that next level that we all have longed for so long. It is NOT an easy job, nor is a job for just everyone. That person must be tough, loyal, smart, street-smart relative to the mindset of this state and the media in this state, and above all, determined! These type of men are not on every street corner, no matter how many bucks you offer them. My greatest hope is that WHEN the decision is made to let TT go, Housel, Lowder, et al will for once, be intelligent enough to make the right decision. History does NOT bode well for that, given Barfield, Bowden, Brother Oliver, et al. Somebody that counts has to finally have the balls to make that hard decision to not only FIND the RIGHT person but to HIRE him. WDE! :au::au::au:

... if he can't get it done, he needs to go. If he needs to hire an oc do it. Time is running out. We have loads of talent with a record of 6-4 that is unacceptable...

6-4 is a pretty good indication that Tubby can't get it done...

... OU fans love him but everyone knows he is a bit crazy (fights in bars, ext...) with stuff and that, that is what turns many AD's off from him.

As long as he ain't fighting in strip bars we should hire him!!!

:D

... OU fans love him but everyone knows he is a bit crazy (fights in bars, ext...) with stuff and that, that is what turns many AD's off from him.

As long as he ain't fighting in strip bars we should hire him!!!

:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Several folks have stated that Tubby won't be gone even if he loses out. There is one game and one game only that will determine his fate this year...AU/Bammer. Do not, under any circumstance, underestimate the importance of this game to AU people in power. Lest we forget, before the 97' season, Tiny Tot was given a public mandate to show "significant improvement" or pack your bags. Late in the 4th quarter of the bammer game, I actually saw Tot looking up the moving company phone number on the side line when Bammer made that fateful call that made some of Nallsmingers playcallng look like Vince Lombardi reincarnated. If Bammer kneels on it and punts...8-4... Tot fired. Instead, Scissum fumble...AU win, SECCG and, oh my God, they extended TOT's contract. Guess what, a few games into the 98' season, they realized what a mistake they made and what shape the program was really in.

No one could ever convince me that the Bammer game didn't cause Tot to go from being on his way out the door, to a contract extension, and AU was given that game. Believe this, no matter where he stands now, if Tubby loses to Bammer, he's gone. If he wins...at least another year.

Archived