AUC Recruiting Chat (8/17/20 Chat Added)

ellitor

8/17/20 Chat Added

8/1/20 Chat Added

7/24/20 Chat Added

7/20/20 Chat Added

6/29/20 Chat added

6/21/20 Chat added

6/14/20 chat added

6/8/20 chat added

5/20/20 chat added

5/16/20 chat added

5/6/20 chat added

4/27/20 chat added

4/21/20 chat added

4/17/20 chat added

Auburn football recruiting chat recap 4/9/19

By Keith Niebuhr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a roller coaster ride! I was up and down, but the upside is we’re still in it for some big recruits on oline.

Football recruiting chat recap

By Keith Niebuhr

• ellitor changed the title to AUC Recruiting Chat (4/17/19 Chat Added)
15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Before I answer that, let me remind everyone who Christian Leary is. He's a 4-star slot receiver from Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater. Auburn is very much in the picture and is pushing really hard. The Tigers would love to have him in the class. At the same time, Leary is giving Auburn a strong look, too. The Tigers were in on him early and that has helped. But now, other programs have made big moves -- namely Ohio State, Oklahoma and Alabama. Georgia even recently offered. So now, the competition has gotten fierce and this could go in any number of directions. He told me last week he plans to officially visit Auburn.

Man. That would be a big dub for the staff if we landed this guy over those schools. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man. That would be a big dub for the staff if we landed this guy over those schools. 

He's a stud Edgewater has been on a good run the last few years. School is only 15 minutes from me

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's a stud Edgewater has been on a good run the last few years. School is only 15 minutes from me

Use your Chandler Cox strategy this time and not your Martez Ivey strategy, please. 

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

well see schitts creek GIF by CBC

Maaaaan, how much fun would it be to have a few beers with Stevie. That whole cast.

We just started season 5 last night. 

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You must be right next door. I mean really,  how far can you actually go on a hoveround in 15 minutes

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You must be right next door. I mean really,  how far can you actually go on a hoveround in 15 minutes

Nope I use a Hoverboard

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

is that Bruce?  It looks staged.  Looks like he has a square pad under his shirt cushion the impact. 

• ellitor changed the title to AUC Recruiting Chat (4/21/20 Chat Added)

I think Keith is having recruiting chats out of sheer boredom. Here's another one...

Auburn football recruiting chat recap 4/21/20

By Keith Niebuhr

• ellitor changed the title to AUC Recruiting Chat (4/27/20 Chat Added)

Auburn football recruiting chat recap

By Keith Niebuhr

• ellitor changed the title to AUC Recruiting Chat (5/6/20 Chat Added)

Auburn football recruiting chat 5/6/20 recap

By Keith Niebuhr
9524247.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
QB target Dematrius Davis. (Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

Davis looks a little thicker in that photo than I imagined. 

I guess his WR friend committed to Va Tech doesn't look to be following him here. 

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I guess his WR friend committed to Va Tech doesn't look to be following him here. 

Not sure. He's looking to decommit from VT but not sure AU would take him. We're only taking 1-2 WRs & this cat is a borderline 4*. The more interesting fall out if Davis picks AU is we become a factor with 3 of his North Shore teammates who are 4*s.WR Shadrach Banks (Texas A&M), OG Jaeden Roberts, & 2022 CB Denver Harris.

Interesting read!

First of all, Auburn uses the tight end a lot. Again ... a lot.

Many people only look at the pass-catching aspect. Not sure why that is, but that what some do.

Look, even when Auburn hasn't thrown the ball to these players, they have been extremelyvaluable to the offense. There are two-tight end sets. You have short-yardage plays (several each game).

They line up attached to the line. They line up out wide. They are used as blocking backs. And now, you will have the added dimension of them being heavily involved in the passing game. Because Auburn uses these players a variety of ways, you have to have options. Few players in college football can do all of the skills we just mentioned at a very high level. Some do certain things well. Some do other things well. And, you can't just have one pass-catching option now with Chad Morris running the offense. What if he gets hurt? You need two or three that can run and catch.

Auburn's tight end room has improved more than any other on the team over the past couple years. My guess is, you'll see if start to really pay off soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn football recruiting chat recap 5/16

By Keith Niebuhr

On-campus and off-campus recruiting visits are off for the time being, but recruiting truly never stops. Not even as the nation battles the current coronavirus scare.

That was evident Friday when Auburn landed three commitments in the span of four hours. It had been a full month since the most recent pledge before the floodgates opened as Tar'varish Dawson, Caleb Johnson and Garner Langlo all jumped in the boat.

Now, the Tigers have seven verbals for the 2021 class and the No. 28 overall ranking (No. 6 in the SEC). FULL LIST HERE

• ellitor changed the title to AUC Recruiting Chat (5/20/20 Chat Added)

Auburn football recruiting chat recap 5/20

By Keith Niebuhr

Graceville and Milton, FL?  

Who has heard of these backwater programs?    Oh, I have.   I am from the redneck riviera and know of them both as they were in our district.   Reggie Slack (a QB way back Lance Bailey walked on at Auburn, for all you Lance Bailey fans), is from Milton and I think FSU had a high profile RB from Milton when we routinely played FSU during the 80's, but I don't recall his name.

It would be great to get a couple of blue collar players from the panhandle.  They tend to work out. 

Great update and thanks for the post.

RB Neal Anderson was from Graceville, FL.  Played at UF in the 1980's and then for the Chicago Bears.  He was a very good running back on some very good UF teams.  

Archived