Jump to content

2021 Commit & Target Rankings (247 Update 1/27/21)


ellitor
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It's very annoying. We just can't seem to put it all together in the same year.

Don't I know it...................... frickin bird

Link to comment
Share on other sites





We are getting there. We seem to have turned the corner on D since Steele has arrived. We seem to be reloading on D instead of rebuilding our Achilles heal the last few years has been the O-line it has been adequate but when we have met top notch D's we have not been able to overcome because against those teams you need a great O-Line. It appears with the JC's we brought in last year and the O-Line recruiting this year we may be turning the corner on the O-line, we have a plethora of talent at RB some pretty darn good talent at WR and TE along with a very good and possibly great QB in Nix and another coming in Davis. If we can finish out this recruiting class strong next years team should be very good and we should be well balanced on O and D.

 

This year we have a new OC who I expect will take advantage of our strength's but we have question marks. How good will the D-Line be with the loss of Davidson and Brown, will we have enough depth among the DB's as we lost a lot there also and can the new O-line hold its own. We have to have some people step up big time on the O-line. With a better Offense scheme last year the O-line could have looked better than it did. Better utilization of TE's and RB's as receivers keeping D honest and not always being so predictable on offense would help the O-line. As a second year QB giving Nix more leeway in changing play would also help the O-line.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Auburn offered Rod Ore? If not, I hope they offer him pretty soon.

@auburn4ever No. AU still feels like they’re in it for Byrd. But if we do miss on Byrd I think the staff feels confident they could get Ore. don’t think there’s enough room for both right now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

don’t think there’s enough room for both right now 

It's not so much there isn't room for both as it is we plan to take just 1 more OT in the class

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Couldn't Auburn make room for both?

@auburn4ever Room is not the issue. The plan is just to take one more OT. If we got both that likely means we lost another OT commit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2020 at 1:04 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

the O-line it has been adequate but when we have met top notch D's we have not been able to overcome because against those teams you need a great O-Line

 

On 6/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, ellitor said:

Not in my opinion.

I think Tex was unintentionally going into Yogi Berra territory: "Our OL has been adequate, but in the SEC West, adequate is inadequate." 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

 

I don't know the game enough to really have a qualm on who should be where but Dematrius has so much respect amongst analysts and heads that aren't tied to these major recruiting platforms (and even some that are), and yet that just isn't reflected in rankings. so...odd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know the game enough to really have a qualm on who should be where but Dematrius has so much respect amongst analysts and heads that aren't tied to these major recruiting platforms (and even some that are), and yet that just isn't reflected in rankings. so...odd

His performance at the QB camp a while back really hurt his ratings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know the game enough to really have a qualm on who should be where but Dematrius has so much respect amongst analysts and heads that aren't tied to these major recruiting platforms (and even some that are), and yet that just isn't reflected in rankings. so...odd

Everybody knows he’s a gamer, he just didn’t perform well at the camps which killed his ratings. As for everybody else dropping especially Hunter, I have no clue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just going off of my own memory and perception it feels out of 247, ESPN and Rivals we have finished the lowest on Rivals the past few years. They have not really loved our recruits in recent years. But I do not have the data so just going off instinct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't have normal camp circuit this summer because of Covid-19 and some players like Hunter won't be playing so how do you do an accurate analyses when you can't see the players. I believe it was Keith who said Hunter came into HS practice in beast mode and looking very fit then his school shutdown and he decided to not play that may impact his rankings but this year the people doing the analyzing won't  have the same information as in past years.  I think we have to rely on the coaches even more than usual. Armoni just had a monster game a few more like that and his stock will start rising again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's silly to dwell on being down 5, 30, or 57 spots. The rankings just aren't that precise.  Happy to get these guys. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

When does the composite update to show the rivals rankings?

@DonDraper Some time this week. Rivals will not finish their updates til Friday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe it was Keith who said Hunter came into HS practice in beast mode and looking very fit then his school shutdown and he decided to not pla

Jason Caldwell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just going off of my own memory and perception it feels out of 247, ESPN and Rivals we have finished the lowest on Rivals the past few years.

Correct. The past 5 years:

Rivals 8, 10, 12, 12, 14 Avg 11.2
247 8, 9, 11, 12 , 12 Avg 10.4
ESPN 7, 9, 9, 12, 12 Avg 9.8

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 Commit & Target Rankings (Rivals Update 8/25/20)

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2021

Commits
82 - DT Lee Hunter (-30)
148 - RB Armoni Goodwin (-5)
174 - OL Jaeden Roberts (-57)

Targets
2 - OT Amarius Mims
51 - CB GaQuincy McKinstry (-3)
56 - DE Dylan Brooks (UT commit) (-2)
71 - RB L.J. Johnson (-2)
84 - OL Savion Byrd (-4)
89 - LB Smael Mondon (-4)
107 - WR Deion Colzie (-34)
134 - WR Isaiah Brevard (Oregon commit) (-20)
149 - CB Nyland Green (+27)
197 - Buck Jeremiah Williams (+30)
199 - DE Shambre Jackson (-8)
200 - LB Xavian Sorey (+3)
249 - CB Kamari Lassiter

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2021

Commits
82 - DT Lee Hunter (-30)
148 - RB Armoni Goodwin (-5)
174 - OL Jaeden Roberts (-57)

Targets
2 - OT Amarius Mims
51 - CB GaQuincy McKinstry (-3)
56 - DE Dylan Brooks (UT commit) (-2)
71 - RB L.J. Johnson (-2)
84 - OL Savion Byrd (-4)
89 - LB Smael Mondon (-4)
107 - WR Deion Colzie (-34)
134 - WR Isaiah Brevard (Oregon commit) (-20)
149 - CB Nyland Green (+27)
197 - Buck Jeremiah Williams (+30)
199 - DE Shambre Jackson (-8)
200 - LB Xavian Sorey (+3)
249 - CB Kamari Lassiter

I guarantee this lit a fire in Davis. He is such a competitor. He wears that chip on his shoulder like Drew did in HS.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He wears that chip on his shoulder like Drew did in HS has his whole career.

FIFY

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Hoping to finish the class above .915 

@DonDraper That would be out best in the recruiting site era & with what's left on our board it's a highly unlikely goal. We would have to hit on every top target on our board & get some ratings bumps on current commits just to have a chance at it..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 Commit & Target Rankings (247 Update 1/27/21)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...