It might be the most Auburn Basketball thing ever

tigerbrotha12

I think @bigbird finally hired @cole256 as a consultant since he usually steals his ideas anyways.  :poke:

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

... that just when we seem to be getting in on these highly elite players, a random travel league academy is just "created" that can pay them more money to go pro than before.

Bruce has changed the culture, and I am so happy about that, but this is so frustrating that just when we get to the top, the top gets a swift kick in the rear. 

Small rant over.

I don't see this as a bad thing. It makes it tricky when you are recruiting elite guys, but baseball has been dealing with the baseball draft and minor leagues forever.  Players that are NBA ready or close to NBA ready probably should be skipping college. I don't see it as a negative.  I'd prefer to see fewer players who are one and done.  College basketball will be fine without those guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

What of anything can the NCAA do to stop this travel league from getting players by  paying those top recruits.

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

What of anything can the NCAA do to stop this travel league from getting players by  paying those top recruits.

Name image likeness has to be pretty profitable for players going to college to keep the elite players from choosing the G league. Even still I think most elite recruits would still choose a G league just to avoid having to go to school for one semester.

Archived