2021 3* OT J’Marion Gooch Flips ToThe Vols

Zeek

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Any chance we get him back after UT finishes with a losing record? (Not buying what Pruitt is selling.) Would the coaches take him back after all this flip flopping?

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Any chance we get him back after UT finishes with a losing record?

@AUFriction Unlike;y unless it's accompanied with Pruitt getting fired.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Would the coaches take him back after all this flip flopping?

Really not that much flip flopping by recruiting standards. The staff always knew it was going to be a fight with the Vols. Unless some character issues have developed the staff likely would take him back given the desperate need we are in at OT.

43 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wow...getting wrecked by UT this year.

I wouldn't say that. The 2 classes are similar in terms of average rating per recruit.

The only way this plays out in our favor is us signing Mims in his place. No way around it.

23 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

The only way this plays out in our favor is us signing Mims in his place. No way around it.

What about Diego Pounds? I’ve seen a number of people high on him.

its funny to me, I listened to his podcast without knowing that he had flipped, then scrolled down to see that he flipped. not that it wasn't semi expected.

I will say there was some bull hockey emitted from his mouth, which I understand.   I hope when and if it gets to that point that the coaches will not take him back.

It wasn't that long ago J'Marion said his commitment to Auburn was firm and he couldn't wait to get to Auburn. I hope we can make one they commits flip to our side.

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It wasn't that long ago J'Marion said his commitment to Auburn was firm and he couldn't wait to get to Auburn. I hope we can make one they commits flip to our side.

But at the same time he said in JBoy's interview from last week that he wasn't being a recruiter. That should have told us all we need to know.

14 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wow...getting wrecked by UT this year.

In this case I think he caved to local pressure.

Tennessee is a joke and they definitely seem to be beating us head-to-head on a few of these when they have no reason to do so.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There is some chatter among the UT natives that this fella may be following in the footsteps of Dylan and Cody. Ryan on their 247 board said he see's it heading that direction. Don't know if we have a chance to get him back on board with us or if the new staff would even want him, but we will see. Just thought I would share that tid bit.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:56 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

There is some chatter among the UT natives that this fella may be following in the footsteps of Dylan and Cody. Ryan on their 247 board said he see's it heading that direction. Don't know if we have a chance to get him back on board with us or if the new staff would even want him, but we will see. Just thought I would share that tid bit.

He’s now released, curious if we’re interested.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

He’s now released, curious if we’re interested.

Nope! Pretty sure the staff is set on filling the rest of the OL needs in the class via transfer unless a Joco or high school kid with a spring season has a huge spring and earns an offer.

8 hours ago, Howard Roark said:

He was once committed to AU, any chance we sign him?  

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Already have a threah for Gooch but to answer your question don't think so believe we will look for a Grad tranfer instead.

@Howard Roark

Archived