AU In The 2020 NFL Draft

Zeek

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah. I thought MD would have gone first. 
Iggy made the transition to defense and it paid off. 
Hopefully we can have a few more guys do the same thing. Hill maybe?

Steele was raving about Iggy being an NFL corner as soon as he made the switch. The scouts saw the obvious. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Iggy, Carlton and Jamael all with the Bucs one each the last 3 years......

Wrong franchise in Florida. 

Historical moment thanks coach Steele

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Looks like Derrick to Carolina though I’m done with them after how they treated Cam.

Until Carolina does some real work to shore up their offensive line and protect whoever is playing QB, whoever is playing QB for them is being mistreated,  I hope Cam lands some place with a decent offensive line. It all starts up front.

9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Until Carolina does some real work to shore up their offensive line and protect whoever is playing QB, whoever is playing QB for them is being mistreated,  I hope Cam lands some place with a decent offensive line. It all starts up front.

It’s just weird. I’m glad DB went #7 but also thought they would go offensive line ,not that I care anymore. Then you would think Tampa would go defense.......

8 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah. I thought MD would have gone first. 
Iggy made the transition to defense and it paid off. 
Hopefully we can have a few more guys do the same thing. Hill maybe?

First round is ambitious but Hill at safety makes a whole lot of sense. And, unlike Iggy, he actually played defense in high school.

As for Iggy, Auburn fans shouldn't be surprised. We watched the guy turn into a good corner in his first season ever playing the position. And he started and finished his second season as one of the best in the league. He's an athletic freak and he hasn't even approached his ceiling in terms of skill. Miami got a steal. 

Hope Marlon doesn't have to wait too long for his phone call tonight!

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

First round is ambitious but Hill at safety makes a whole lot of sense. And, unlike Iggy, he actually played defense in high school.

As for Iggy, Auburn fans shouldn't be surprised. We watched the guy turn into a good corner in his first season ever playing the position. And he started and finished his second season as one of the best in the league. He's an athletic freak and he hasn't even approached his ceiling in terms of skill. Miami got a steal. 

Hope Marlon doesn't have to wait too long for his phone call tonight!

Iggy was also thrown in the deep end and had the toughest assignment each week with basically no help. But Marlon shouldn’t be waiting too long imo. We’ll hear a few Auburn names today

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve always liked the panthers and the jags, they were my top 2 teams growing up. That’s being said, both seem in odd spots in their front offices right now. What irks me the most is all the panther fans  mad about this pick Bc they wanted Simmons. Here’s to hoping DB shuts them all up. He deserves better than that pathetic attempt at a reception.

Those teams didnt exist when I was growing up 😂

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Iggy was also thrown in the deep end and had the toughest assignment each week with basically no help. But Marlon shouldn’t be waiting too long imo. We’ll hear a few Auburn names today

Man. Our secondary faced the top 3 QBs, all taken in the first 6 picks. They faces 2 WRs in the first 15 picks and 3 in the first 22- 3 of the top 4 WRs taken. 

DB faced 2 OTs taken in the top 10. (Okay, so maybe he wasn't lined up on the tackles a ton... still...)

1 hour ago, alexava said:

It’s just weird. I’m glad DB went #7 but also thought they would go offensive line ,not that I care anymore. Then you would think Tampa would go defense.......

How did Carolina not take a local kid at one of their biggest positions of need? I was 100% confident they’d take Isaiah Simmons when he slid to them. 

Happy for my '18 man crush Iggy & DB!  Proud of you guys.  Great job.

One other note...  Interesting that the ONLY RB taken in 1st round is listed at 5'7".....  No other comment needed.    

16 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

One other note...  Interesting that the ONLY RB taken in 1st round is listed at 5'7".....  No other comment needed.    

Great scheme fit. CEH will be a holy terror lined up next to Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Those teams didnt exist when I was growing up 😂

Right there with you, brother. I remember when the Buccaneers and Seahawks came on board. I’m getting old.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Completely agree.  What a great fit for the scheme.

Congrats to Brown and Noah on being first rounders! Brown was a no doubt but i was really surprised to see Noah go that high. I hate seeing AU guys leave early to only disappear and doesn't look like that will be the case with these 2 guys. War Eagle!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man. Our secondary faced the top 3 QBs, all taken in the first 6 picks. They faces 2 WRs in the first 15 picks and 3 in the first 22- 3 of the top 4 WRs taken. 

DB faced 2 OTs taken in the top 10. (Okay, so maybe he wasn't lined up on the tackles a ton... still...)

Yep our secondary also went against Jamarr Chase the #1 receiver in next years draft, Pickens another first round pick in a few years, and Devonta Smith who probably would’ve been drafted in the first 2 rounds this year but decided to stay at Bama another year

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Yep our secondary also went against Jamarr Chase the #1 receiver in next years draft, Pickens another first round pick in a few years, and Devonta Smith who probably would’ve been drafted in the first 2 rounds this year but decided to stay at Bama another year

And Waddle. Just insanity. 

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Pickens can suck an egg lol

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And Waddle. Just insanity. 

Just had to pick your  poison against that corps of receivers. Noah drew Devonta and completely eliminated him from the game, but you can't effectively cover everyone else. 

51 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It frightens me as a Denver fan.  First thing I thought when his name was called: "Crap.  He's perfect for that offense."

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It frightens me as a Denver fan.  First thing I thought when his name was called: "Crap.  He's perfect for that offense."

Same as a Raiders fan

Archived