Jump to content


Null



AU In The 2020 NFL Draft


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You notice over the past few years our FA players sign almost immediately after the draft, in hours . And then  more of them stick around than Those drafted from Alabama in late rounds. 

Yup, I was discussing this with a friend. We actually have a lot of NFL success but since we don’t put them in the earlier rounds it’s harder to use as a recruiting sales pitch.

Recruits are not moved by “you could come here and be un-drafted but still have a solid career.” They want that instant pay day and fame of earlier round picks. We have to move up to that next tier if we ever want to be more than we are.

Still, very very happy these guys are being snatched up.

Unrelated Sal Cannella has been working hard on his own fashion brand and seems more focused on that career path. I’ll be surprised if he signs anywhere which is a shame with his build and athleticism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then Stidham will call Wentz and die laughing

Historical moment thanks coach Steele

Can’t believe Prince went. He absolutely is a liability with that knee.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Jeremiah Dinson to the lions 🦁 

Siposs Kerryon and Dinson all chillin in the D

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 of our 5 starting linemen from last year are currently on nfl rosters 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is this normal?

For an UDFA yes but they don’t always get a guarantee. We’ll see how it pans out for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sal Cannella is going off right now on Twitter about being overlooked. Surprised he’s surprised about not getting drafted. Limited stats and his build is sort of in-between that of a TE and WR.

Personally I’d sign him as a project. It’ll be interesting to see if he signs anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sal Cannella is going off right now on Twitter about being overlooked. Surprised he’s surprised about not getting drafted. Limited stats and his build is sort of in-between that of a TE and WR.

Personally I’d sign him as a project. It’ll be interesting to see if he signs anywhere.

Honestly I’m think he’s more suited for the league than Will. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

The Navy QB was a serious reach too. A QB/RB/WR that isnt good enough to play any of the 3 positions in the NFL.

Sorry to back up the conversation up, but I know Navy football. He’s a steal. It was kind of like high school football. The coach of Navy put him at quarterback because he was so athletic that he needed to have the ball on every play. Navy’s offense also just recruits a lot of athletes and moves them around. Their starting quarterback 2 years ago also played some WR and RB. In this particular case, Malcolm Perry is very Nick Marshall-esque. Go check out some highlights of him outrunning everyone on the field.
 

Sorry for the side-comment. Back to AU football...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

not bad actually 

What's the cost of living in Boston? 59k there might have the same spending power as 25k here 😬

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ellitor changed the title to AU In The 2020 NFL Draft

Coe and Cannella seem to be talking to some teams.

Coe really killed his career by not only leaving early but on bad terms. Just based off what I’m seeing. Wish he could have gone down a better path but I’m still pulling for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Sorry to back up the conversation up, but I know Navy football. He’s a steal. It was kind of like high school football. The coach of Navy put him at quarterback because he was so athletic that he needed to have the ball on every play. Navy’s offense also just recruits a lot of athletes and moves them around. Their starting quarterback 2 years ago also played some WR and RB. In this particular case, Malcolm Perry is very Nick Marshall-esque. Go check out some highlights of him outrunning everyone on the field.
 

Sorry for the side-comment. Back to AU football...

I've seen him play too, can agree to disagree. At 5 9, 186 , a 4.65 forty is hardly outrunning everybody. He is athletic, but free agent athletic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

not bad actually 

How dumb are people on twitter? Comparing a person's annual salary to what Will Hastings can make in a couple of weeks time

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

What's the cost of living in Boston? 59k there might have the same spending power as 25k here 😬

this is just the guaranteed and sign on bonus. This is not what he would make if he makes the practice squad or even close if he makes the team. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coe and Cannella seem to be talking to some teams.

Coe really killed his career by not only leaving early but on bad terms. Just based off what I’m seeing. Wish he could have gone down a better path but I’m still pulling for him. 

 

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coe and Cannella seem to be talking to some teams.

Coe really killed his career by not only leaving early but on bad terms. Just based off what I’m seeing. Wish he could have gone down a better path but I’m still pulling for him. 

I always thought Coe had a chance to be really good at AU. Unfortunately he was overshadowed by Marlon and Derrick.  I thought his best path would have been to work hard last year and come back for a killer senior season.  For whatever reasons he didn't see it that way.  But he's been a favorite of mine and I wish him well catching on with an NFL team. War Eagle Nick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

not bad actually 

Not Auburn related at all but as a Packers fan these tweets stuck out to me.. no apparent immediate help. 😞

 

Screenshot_20200425-215933~2.png

Screenshot_20200425-215916~2.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

The Navy QB was a serious reach too. A QB/RB/WR that isnt good enough to play any of the 3 positions in the NFL.

IDK, I mean he's a high IQ guy to have ran the triple option to the level Navy has recently. One of their better stretches ever, I believe. Good character story obviously. He's incredibly athletic. There might've been some flex guys better than him still on the board, but you could've done much worse than him, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the whole OLB thing was way too much for Coe, and just not using him to his or our best ability (not me saying I know more than RG, but just looking at the fact we needed more pass rushing on the DL), but from what I gather, he expressed that in the wrong way. Definitely don't think he should've went to the NFL over transferring to a different school and getting a fresh start. That was just stupid, no offense to him

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

I've seen him play too, can agree to disagree. At 5 9, 186 , a 4.65 forty is hardly outrunning everybody. He is athletic, but free agent athletic.

IDK why you're using a forty speed, Tanner Muse ran a sub 4.4 forty and got absolutely fried in the CFP. Guy is athletic as some middle school kids on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK why you're using a forty speed, Tanner Muse ran a sub 4.4 forty and got absolutely fried in the CFP. Guy is athletic as some middle school kids on the field.

Man what a stupid post.

Edited by boisnumber1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Nick Coe to the Patriots 

They needed an edge. Could work out good if he’s motivated to learn. Funny how there is usually 1 team every year that takes a large portion of Auburn guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gr82be said:

Not Auburn related at all but as a Packers fan these tweets stuck out to me.. no apparent immediate help. 😞

 

Screenshot_20200425-215933~2.png

Screenshot_20200425-215916~2.png

Yeah, I'm with you as a packer fan and am astonished at how badly they drafted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...