AU In The 2020 NFL Draft

Zeek

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

not bad actually 

I didn't even know they gave guaranteed money to undrafted free agents. Nice.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

They needed an edge. Could work out good if he’s motivated to learn. Funny how there is usually 1 team every year that takes a large portion of Auburn guys. 

Nick's a mystery to me, but nobody does their homework better than Belichick .  You've got the potential of a 1st or 2nd rounder based off his junior year, but all you have invested is UFA money.  I'm really hoping it works out for Nick, even if it helps the Pats. I think he has NFL talent.

17 hours ago, DAG said:

How dumb are people on twitter? Comparing a person's annual salary to what Will Hastings can make in a couple of weeks time

And he gets to wear an NFL uniform of a 6 time SB winner, AND almost got to catch passes from the GOAT QB. LOL. 

And not bad for scrawny little white dude who walked on as a kicker. 

Be proud Will Hastings  

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

What about the Eagles taking two AU OLineman? 

I guess that’s why they also got a running QB in Hurts lol 

28 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

What about the Eagles taking two AU OLineman? 

They still suck. #CowboysFan4Life

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They still suck. #CowboysFan4Life

They had a fantastic draft.  Really set themselves up for a run.  

@ellitorI was referring to the Cowboys having the good draft.  Based on your reaction, you may have thought I was referring to Philly. 

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@ellitorI was referring to the Cowboys having the good draft.  Based on your reaction, you may have thought I was referring to Philly. 

Yeah. I thought you were talking about the Fighting Cheese Steaks, which is one of the few redeeming qualities of that city.

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would be fun to revisit some Hastings takes from 3 years ago. 

You know mine are on point 😂😂

As much as I love Stidham and believe in him, if Cam can prove himself and give Stids another year to develop that works for me. 

16 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Man what a stupid post.

Not as stupid as someone using 40 speed as a basis for in-game speed in 2020, but maybe it is a little dumb. I just try to do better than the person I'm arguing with lol. 

I feel like they'll give Ryan Davis another chance off the strength of Stidham, if they do intend on starting him. You really got nothing to lose, but I'm also biased with the idea of two auburn QBs throwing to two auburn WRs

On 4/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, Zeek said:

Yup, I was discussing this with a friend. We actually have a lot of NFL success but since we don’t put them in the earlier rounds it’s harder to use as a recruiting sales pitch.

Recruits are not moved by “you could come here and be un-drafted but still have a solid career.” They want that instant pay day and fame of earlier round picks. We have to move up to that next tier if we ever want to be more than we are.

Still, very very happy these guys are being snatched up.

Unrelated Sal Cannella has been working hard on his own fashion brand and seems more focused on that career path. I’ll be surprised if he signs anywhere which is a shame with his build and athleticism.

Agree 100% . We need to be able to be consistent . But my point is because Alabama has had success on the field they have many drafted and some of them turn out to be duds. But they do have some good ones that make up for it. I guess for example a player like Derrick Brown make folks around him look much better than they are. Teams having to commit two maybe even thee player to him leave holes for other players to make big plays . That scenario happens a lot at uat. In pro your going to be going against the best at every position so it comes down to can you beat the guy in front of you man on man. That’s what it takes so we have a lot of guys that don’t get drafted and go up knowing they have to work harder and can’t depend on a team  member Doing the hard work for them. That extra chip on their shoulder helps them exceed expectations. But you are right we need to do better highlighting these guys. And again winning more consistently will help also. 🦅

On 4/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, Zeek said:

Drafted so far:

Round 1 Pick 7 || Derrick Brown || Defensive Tackle || Carolina Panthers

Round 1 Pick 30 || Noah Igbinoghene || Cornerback || Miami Dolphins

Round 2 Pick 14 || Marlon Davidson || Defensive End || Atlanta Falcons

Round 4 Pick 39 || Jack Driscoll || Offensive Guard || Philadelphia Eagles

Round 5 Pick 11 || Daniel Thomas || Safety || Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 6 Pick 31 || Prince Tega Wanogho || Offensive Tackle || Philadelphia Eagles

Undrafted Free Agents

Will Hastings (WR) has signed with the New England Patriots

Marquell Harrell (OG) has signed with the Buffalo Bills

Javaris Davis (CB) has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs

Spencer Nigh (FB) has signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers

Mike Horton (OG) has signed with the Carolina Panthers

Arryn Siposs (P) has signed with the Detroit Lions

Nick Coe (DE) has signed with the New England Patriots

Jeremiah Dinson (S) has signed with the Detroit Lions

Kam Martin (RB)

Jay Jay Wilson (TE)

Sal Cannella (TE)

Updated. Still haven’t heard anything else for new signings. Saw while I was searching Kam Martin’s mom overcame Covid. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He might not want to?

I saw one vague retweet where he said something like "I've always been doubted, this is no different", but I can't say for certain that it had anything to do with football. He does have his backup plan/dream, or maybe football was just the way he wanted to finance his business, but I'm under the impression that he was hoping to play. Could be wrong of course. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I saw one vague retweet where he said something like "I've always been doubted, this is no different", but I can't say for certain that it had anything to do with football. He does have his backup plan/dream, or maybe football was just the way he wanted to finance his business, but I'm under the impression that he was hoping to play. Could be wrong of course. 

With all the other players I’ve seen getting chances, he should get one. He ( and most of them) is not likely to make it. But I never thought Peyton Barber would either. 

Archived