From Fox News, a big dose of dumb on hydroxychloroquine

homersapien

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

If you are implying that someone who injects or drinks Lysol as being the victim then I overestimated you.

I never said that y'all are as full of hate as Trump, did I?

Fine. I'll go out and buy a MAGA hat. Thanks for your support, I AM better than that.

you fooled me for a second. not anymore. go buy you one of those chinese made hats.........

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Grumps said:

If you are implying that someone who injects or drinks Lysol as being the victim then I overestimated you.

Fine. I'll go out and buy a MAGA hat. Thanks for your support, I AM better than that.

If the leader of the free world says something stupid and something bad happens as a result, then we should ignore his role in it and focus on the other people. Got it.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

It truly fascinates me that someone as intelligent as compassionate as you can completely miss the point so easily. Trump almost constantly says REALLY stupid things. It seems perfectly reasonable to call him a jackass for saying the things he does.

Do you not think it is also stupid to go bat***t crazy when Trump says something stupid that SHOULD have no effect on anything???? If physicians and nurse practitioners write prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine because of something that Trump says then THEY are even more stupid than Trump is. Similarly, if people inject or drink Lysol because they think that Trump said it was a good idea, then THEY also are even more stupid than Trump.

I don't consider myself to be defending Trump. He has NO BUSINESS talking about things he has no knowledge of. But he will continue to do so because that is who he is. And who he is is tragic. We can't change who he is, but we can have some affect on those around us. Encouraging hate is NOT HELPING. Getting all worked up because Trump says that hydroxychloroquine is a medical cure for COVID-19 doesn't help anything. Similarly, thinking Trump's off-the-cuff remarks about UV light and disinfectants is a big deal is not helping either.

But you have us (meaning those who don't agree with you on everything) all figured out. We are what is wrong with this country. We are the scum in the deepest part of the gutter. Maybe one day we can strive to be as full of hate as y'all are. Then we can all be happy,right?

You are a MAGA.

Almost every post you make on this forum is a defense of Trump, even if a weak, apologetic and pedantic one.  Just own your support instead of trying to rationalize it with excuses.

And it is a big deal when the POTUS is so blindingly stupid. 

Accusing those who appreciate that as being motivated by "hate" is just another way of dodging the truth instead of accepting it.  It's classic cognitive dissonance.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I am pretty sure that Lysol already has warnings against ingestion or internal use.

And why do you suppose they felt additional warnings were required? <_<

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And why do you suppose they felt additional warnings were required? <_<

So that people could spew more hate!

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Accusing those who appreciate that as being motivated by "hate" is just another way of dodging the truth instead of accepting it. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If the leader of the free world says something stupid and something bad happens as a result, then we should ignore his role in it and focus on the other people. Got it.

How about...fool me the first time shame on any person, place or thing (note this can reiterated many times until). Fool me the last time shame on me.

A person's cognitive skills determine the number of time it takes to get to the last time.

1 minute ago, creed said:

How about...fool me the first time shame on any person, place or thing (note this can reiterated many times until). Fool me the last time shame on me.

A person's cognitive skills determine the number of time it takes to get to the last time.

You do realize you're talking about the President of the United States, right? Like, you're just casually blowing off that the man charged with leading the greatest country in the history of this planet told his constituents to drink bleach? We're not talking about people who keep playing 3-card monte on New York street corners. We're talking about people listening to the words of the guy who some of y'all intentionally chose to lead this country.

Christ almighty. Listen to yourselves! 

Here’s a thought, for those that Trump makes you insane and you couldn’t stand another 4 years of this mess; volunteer to take one for the team, Team Biden that is.  Inject yourself with disinfectant as see how that works, it would plummet Trump in the polls and you would be the toast of Team Biden.

Christ almighty.  Listen to yourselves.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You do realize you're talking about the President of the United States, right? Like, you're just casually blowing off that the man charged with leading the greatest country in the history of this planet told his constituents to drink bleach? We're not talking about people who keep playing 3-card monte on New York street corners. We're talking about people listening to the words of the guy who some of y'all intentionally chose to lead this country.

You know you are lying. Trump did not tell anyone to drink bleach. Does the TRUTH not matter any more? It's on camera with audio. He asks the doctors to look into using UV light and disinfectants to kill coronavirus. He mentions using it externally and internally. He mentions injecting it. The whole thing was Trump asking the doctors to look into it. Is it probably an idiotic idea? Sure it is. Is it worth having experts to consider? Sure it is. At least admit you are lying your ass off because you hate Trump and don't mind lying to hurt his chances of reelection. It's called TRUTH.

22 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You know you are lying. Trump did not tell anyone to drink bleach. Does the TRUTH not matter any more? It's on camera with audio. He asks the doctors to look into using UV light and disinfectants to kill coronavirus. He mentions using it externally and internally. He mentions injecting it. The whole thing was Trump asking the doctors to look into it. Is it probably an idiotic idea? Sure it is. Is it worth having experts to consider? Sure it is. At least admit you are lying your ass off because you hate Trump and don't mind lying to hurt his chances of reelection. It's called TRUTH.

Hahaha, there it is. Now it's coming to the surface. Good for you.

It's worth having experts to consider? Injecting Lysol?

That's an important distinction? That he suggested injecting Lysol instead of drinking bleach? That's important to you?

I'm not lying at all. That you can't discern between obvious, intentional hyperbole and actual lying is telling. And while I hate trump and do in fact hope against hope that he won't be re-elected- I'm not optimistic, but I'm not a nihilist, either- any effort I put towards thwarting said re-election would not come in the form of trying to convince any of you what a terrible decision you've made and might make again. Honestly not sure why I continue on at this point but it's certainly not in hopes that trump voters are suddenly going to gain decency, dignity and intelligence. 

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y’all? I didn’t vote for the doofus. My cognitive skills were working well in the last election. 

Just now, creed said:

Y’all? I didn’t vote for he doofus. My cognitive skills were working well in the last election. 

But now they're working to deflect the focus away from the President of the United States saying on live television that injecting Lysol into one's body is a potential treatment for a virus. I fully believe that's not your intent but that is the result. It all contributes to normalizing his behavior. That's where the y'all comes in. 

Yes, somebody is lacking cognitive facilities if they self-inject cleaning products. But the much larger issue is that King Orange Jackass has eliminated any of the remaining credibility that his office held. We are now a country where even POTUS's supporters- of which you thankfully are not one- tell you you're stupid if you listen to what he says. 

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

A thousand points of light.

I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Imagine the work it will take to rebuild the legitimacy of that office. I hope we can. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

But now they're working to deflect the focus away from the President of the United States saying on live television that injecting Lysol into one's body is a potential treatment for a virus. I fully believe that's not your intent but that is the result. It all contributes to normalizing his behavior. That's where the y'all comes in. 

Yes, somebody is lacking cognitive facilities if they self-inject cleaning products. But the much larger issue is that King Orange Jackass has eliminated any of the remaining credibility that his office held. We are now a country where even POTUS's supporters- of which you thankfully are not one- tell you you're stupid if you listen to what he says. 

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

A thousand points of light.

I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Imagine the work it will take to rebuild the legitimacy of that office. I hope we can. 

Great quotes, except the last one of course.

However, the last quote will go the way of the others...mostly forgotten by many.

I somewhat disagree about the last sentence, unless I'm not following.. I believe the legitimacy of the office can restored quickly with the right person who can rally the political establishment and the citizens of our nation. 

20 minutes ago, creed said:

Great quotes, except the last one of course.

However, the last quote will go the way of the others...mostly forgotten by many.

I somewhat disagree about the last sentence, unless I'm not following.. I believe the legitimacy of the office can restored quickly with the right person who can rally the political establishment and the citizens of our nation. 

I sure hope you're right.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hahaha, there it is. Now it's coming to the surface. Good for you.

It's worth having experts to consider? Injecting Lysol?

That's an important distinction? That he suggested injecting Lysol instead of drinking bleach? That's important to you?

I'm not lying at all. That you can't discern between obvious, intentional hyperbole and actual lying is telling. And while I hate trump and do in fact hope against hope that he won't be re-elected- I'm not optimistic, but I'm not a nihilist, either- any effort I put towards thwarting said re-election would not come in the form of trying to convince any of you what a terrible decision you've made and might make again. Honestly not sure why I continue on at this point but it's certainly not in hopes that trump voters are suddenly going to gain decency, dignity and intelligence. 

You don’t need to continue anything. As I said, I overestimated you. I thought we just had different opinions and that you were an ethical person. Oh well, I also hoped that Greg Brown would commit to us. 

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

You don’t need to continue anything. As I said, I overestimated you. I thought we just had different opinions and that you were an ethical person. Oh well, I also hoped that Greg Brown would commit to us. 

Grumps, you and I get along fairly well here in spite of our frequent differences of opinion on many things, but I'm going to be completely honest with you here:

You are arguing in bad faith. Stop. It. 

Yeah, man. If you want to say I'm being rude or aggressive or uncivil, I'll accept that. I readily admit to it often and have apologized on many occasions. 

But questioning my ethics? Get yourself sorted, son.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, Grumps said:

what did yoou do with your first maga hat? dog eat it?  lol

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We are now a country where even POTUS's supporters- of which you thankfully are not one- tell you you're stupid if you listen to what he says. 

This.

Four more years!! :ucrazy:

Archived