Prayers answered: Tua Tagovailoa is rich The long nightmare is over. Praise God

tinman

1st round draft pick in the top 5 -- should get a sweet deal out of it.  Good for Tua.  There's no question about his past demonstrated talent level.  There is, however, a huge question mark about his durability going forward.  He may be declared fully healed by his doctor(s) but IMHO Miami took quite the gamble on drafting him.  Guess they're trying to make up for not getting Drew Brees with his surgically repaired shoulder back in the day.  

On 4/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, auburn4ever said:

Wonder if his family will move to Miami so they can watch him play.

Depends on if the Dolphins will pay for their move, new SUV, and all the other perks like Bama did.  I mean moving from Hawaii to Alabaster Alabama is cheap and happens every day right ;) 

I like many others think that was a huge gamble by Miami, he never had a complete healthy season at such a critical position on the field.  There are only a couple of position on the field where it's NOT plug and play and QB is one of them.  Also if he is actually being looked at as possibly starting in the next couple of years how good can Miami's offensive line get between now and then?  Going to take a lot to keep him healthy if they are looking at starting him in the next few years.  If they wait and let him "bulk up" a little more so to speak, then he may have a shot.  The talent is obviously there just not sure on durability at this stage in his life.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Depends on if the Dolphins will pay for their move, new SUV, and all the other perks like Bama did.  I mean moving from Hawaii to Alabaster Alabama is cheap and happens every day right ;) 

I like many others think that was a huge gamble by Miami, he never had a complete healthy season at such a critical position on the field.  There are only a couple of position on the field where it's NOT plug and play and QB is one of them.  Also if he is actually being looked at as possibly starting in the next couple of years how good can Miami's offensive line get between now and then?  Going to take a lot to keep him healthy if they are looking at starting him in the next few years.  If they wait and let him "bulk up" a little more so to speak, then he may have a shot.  The talent is obviously there just not sure on durability at this stage in his life.

If bammer's O-line couldn't keep him healthy the Dolphins will need to put Tua in bubble wrap. 

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

If bammer's O-line couldn't keep him healthy the Dolphins will need to put Tua in bubble wrap. 

Amen. uat pays their o-line better too!!

16 hours ago, meh130 said:

As a Dolphins fan, I like the pick, but I hope Tua can stay healthy.

Falcons fan, here. Got no problem rooting for Julio Jones. alabama was lucky to have him. Amazing athlete, teammate, and competitor. 

Calvin Ridley, Rise Up.

(But I jumped damn near through my ceiling when the Birds drafted Narlob. Can't imagine how you felt with the Fins drafted Ronnie.)

Archived