New Evidence Supporting Credibility Of Tara Reade's Allegation Against Joe Biden Emerges

Auburnfan91

NEW EVIDENCE SUPPORTING CREDIBILITY OF TARA READE’S ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN EMERGES

Ryan Grim
April 24 2020, 1:39 p.m.

A NEW PIECE of evidence has emerged buttressing the credibility of Tara Reade’s claim that she told her mother about allegations of sexual harassment and assault related to her former boss, then-Sen. Joe Biden. Biden, through a spokesperson, has denied the allegations. Reade has claimed to various media outlets, including The Intercept, that she told her mother, a close friend, and her brother about both the harassment and, to varying degrees of detail, the assault at the time. Her brother, Collin Moulton, and her friend, who has asked to remain anonymous, both confirmed that they heard about the allegations from Reade at the time. Reade’s mother died in 2016, but both her brother and friend also confirmed Reade had told her mother, and that her mother, a longtime feminist and activist, urged her to go to the police.

In interviews with The Intercept, Reade also mentioned that her mother had made a phone call to “Larry King Live” on CNN, during which she made reference to her daughter’s experience on Capitol Hill. Reade told The Intercept that her mother called in asking for advice after Reade, then in her 20s, left Biden’s office. “I remember it being an anonymous call and her saying my daughter was sexually harassed and retaliated against and fired, where can she go for help? I was mortified,” Reade told me.

Reade couldn’t remember the date or the year of the phone call, and King didn’t include the names of callers on his show. I was unable to find the call, but mentioned it in an interview with Katie Halper, the podcast host who first aired Reade’s allegation. After the podcast aired, a listener managed to find the call and sent it to The Intercept.

On August 11, 1993, King aired a program titled, “Washington: The Cruelest City on Earth?” Toward the end of the program, he introduces a caller dialing in from San Luis Obispo, California. Congressional records list August 1993 as Reade’s last month of employment with Biden’s Senate office, and, according to property records, Reade’s mother, Jeanette Altimus, was living in San Luis Obispo County. Here is the transcript of the beginning of the call:

KING: San Luis Obispo, California, hello.

CALLER: Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.

KING: In other words, she had a story to tell but, out of respect for the person she worked for, she didn’t tell it?

CALLER: That’s true.

King’s panel of guests offered no suggestions, and instead the conversation veered into a discussion of whether any of the men on set would leak damaging personal information about a rival to the press.

Reade, after being read the transcript of the call, said that it gelled with her memory of it, and that she was sure it was her mother, despite the audio not yet being available.

There are several notable things about the emergence of the call. On the one hand, the caller does not specifically mention “sexual harassment” or retaliation, as Reade had recalled. On the other hand, the reference to being unable to “get through with her problems” aligns with Reade’s claim that she complained to superiors in Biden’s office and got nowhere, and the reference to going to the press makes clear that the caller is talking about more than just generic problems at the office. The problems, she makes clear, would damage the senator if exposed.

Reade’s inability to remember the exact date of the alleged assault, or its precise location, or the precise location of the office where she picked up the form needed to file a complaint, has been used by skeptics to suggest the allegation is fabricated. What the emergence of the call shows is that even if Reade’s memory is off on timing or details, the substance of her claims — in this case, that her mother called Larry King and discussed her situation — can still be true.

The call also calls into question the credibility of Biden’s denial. Reade said that she filed a complaint about Biden’s harassment with Marianne Baker, effectively the office manager in the Biden office. The Biden campaign released a statement from Baker, which said that neither Reade nor any other employee had ever complained about improper behavior. “In all my years working for Senator Biden, I never once witnessed, or heard of, or received, any reports of inappropriate conduct, period — not from Ms. Reade, not from anyone,” Baker said in the campaign’s statement. “These clearly false allegations are in complete contradiction to both the inner workings of our Senate office and to the man I know and worked so closely with for almost two decades.”

For Baker’s statement to be true, Reade would have had to have lied to her friend, brother, and mother about having complained to Biden’s office. There is no obvious reason Reade would make up a story to those closest to her about the Senate office not taking Biden’s harassment seriously, while at the same time resisting pressure to go to the press.

Reade has said that the complaint she filed was related to the harassment she said she faced, and did not address the assault. The complaint was left with Biden’s office, and if it still exists, is with Biden’s papers at the University of Delaware. The school recently told reporter Rich McHugh that the papers are sealed until two years after Biden leaves public life.

The harassment Reade first went public with last year involves stroking her neck and running his fingers through the curls in her hair, as well as asking her to effectively serve as a cocktail waitress at an event.

Reade’s assault allegation, which became public last month, involves an interaction in the spring of 1993. She said that she was sent by her manager to bring a gym bag to Biden, and they met in a hallway of the Russell Senate Office Building, in a tucked away corner. Before she knew it, he pressed her up against the wall, forcibly kissed her, and put a hand each up her blouse and skirt, penetrating her with his fingers. She had what she recalls now as an “absurd” thought. “I remember thinking, where’s the gym bag? Because he had taken it in his hand, but all of a sudden it wasn’t in his hands and his hands were where they weren’t supposed to be,” she said.

Reade said that her impression was that Biden believed he had consent, and was surprised at the rejection, but that she had done nothing to give him that impression. “There was no flirtation, he had no consent. He was by my ears when he said, ‘Do you wanna go somewhere else?’” She pushed him off and he stepped back, looking surprised, she recalled, and flashing a huge smile.

“‘Come on, man,’” she said he told her. “‘I heard you liked me.’”

“He had that smile he gets, but his eyes were not smiling,” she said.

“You’re fine,” she recalled he said, grabbing her by her shoulders. As he walked away, he pointed back, “You’re fine.”

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/new-evidence-tara-reade-joe-biden/

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me see:

Is Biden still a DNC Member? Yes he is...

Move along, nothing to see here. If a White Male DNC Member kills a woman, nothing would happen.
The press will not investigate, in fact the press will cover it up for the DNC Member. 

Mary Jo Kopechne says Hi!
Mary Jo Kopechne - Wikipedia

#metoo #1

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Let me see:

Is Biden still a DNC Member? Yes he is...

Move along, nothing to see here. If a White Male DNC Member kills a woman, nothing would happen.
The press will not investigate, in fact the press will cover it up for the DNC Member. 

Mary Jo Kopechne says Hi!
Mary Jo Kopechne - Wikipedia

#metoo #1

You consistently spout some crazy Trump rhetoric  for someone who claims not to be a Trumper. The NYTimes has one of more thoroughly researched articles on this:

In 2017, Ms. Reade retweeted praise for Mr. Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In more recent months, her feed has featured support for Mr. Sanders and criticism of Mr. Biden.”

She also praised Putin. But they don’t dismiss her claims. It’s a pretty objective article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/us/politics/joe-biden-tara-reade-sexual-assault-complaint.amp.html

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You consistently spout some crazy Trump rhetoric  for someone who claims not to be a Trumper. The NYTimes has one of more thoroughly researched articles on this:

In 2017, Ms. Reade retweeted praise for Mr. Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In more recent months, her feed has featured support for Mr. Sanders and criticism of Mr. Biden.” OMG, this stupid woman that walked into Biden's open hand and got his fingers in her vagina, you know, she likes another man for President. Stupid bitch. Should have got the memo that told her to support Biden or else. 

She also praised Putin. But they don’t dismiss her claims. It’s a pretty objective article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/us/politics/joe-biden-tara-reade-sexual-assault-complaint.amp.html

SSSOOO let me get this straight, You are saying that one, maybe two, drive by articles after 19 or more days is research?  That is vetting? Really?
Where is the Ronan Farrow article? Where is a 60 minute Article? Where are the calls for a Kavanaugh Like Investigation? I mean if a Scotus Job is worth it, why not the President's Job?

You could have done the NYT article with three googles. That isnt research. It was released on an Easter Weekend so it would be a dead story by Monday morning. Smearing her with Putin, etc is just 100% typical misogynist crap. Disregard the female, we can take a statement she made completely out of context, sometime decades ago, and smear her with it. WTG!!! All the troglodytes and DNC TPMers will be so proud of you now.

The objective article...that was edited by the Biden campaign, without admission by the NYT? 
Why would they edit an article about Joe Biden?
Do you think they edit articles after simple requests by every subject of an article?
Why did the NYT refuse to acknowledge the edit?
Why did you quote the article AFTER THE EDIT? There are 10,000 examples of the article with the sentence left in.

Why? Because the deleted sentence admitted facts already known by everyone. That Biden has a long perverted Reputation for manhandling young women and small girls. 

https://www.mediaite.com/print/ny-times-deletes-tweet-after-outcry-over-framing-of-report-on-allegation-against-biden/

Screen-Shot-2020-04-12-at-11.52.07-AM.jp

I pointed out, FACTUALLY, that there is a 51 year history of the DNC doing just this. 
Mary Jo Kopechne dies: Poor Teddy might not get to be President.
Half a dozen very valid Clinton Accusers, all were Democrats at one time or another: Poor Bill, All women are bimbos...
Biden, 7-8 allegations made: Essentially nothing investigated.

What passed for your laughable OBJECTIVE ARTICLE (that you only quote after the edit) comes with an accusation with zero proof:
 "That Crazy Woman accusing Biden is Collucidating with the Roouuskies!!!!"   uh huh!!! Sho nuff!!! <fer>

Got  a demanded answer coming to the next Question:
Below, are two pictures of some men that IMHO that have OBVIOUSLY acted inappropriately with lil girls and way too young women.
I see two men that have forfeit their rights to hold public office. I personally could not care less if Red, Blue or Green. 
You see my ability to discern doesnt include in any way their connection to a political party or anything else.
I look at cold hard facts. (PERIOD) What do you see?

Alabama Senate Race: Roy Moore Wields Revolver, as Pence Vouches ...9/4/19: PSYCHOPATHOLOGICAL MECH – Groundzero

I was the only person on the board supporting Doug Jones. I was the only member on the board supporting Bernie, sent the man over $200 bucks. 
Dont pull this homey-guano and call me a Trumpster. FU! I have never liked the guy. I am horrified that the DNC may have just named a guaranteed loser in November. 

I would say I was shocked but I am not. BTW, that crazy guy you are seeing all the time? Check the mirror. 

33 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Maybe Ms Ball can explain it clearer than I can:

Rose McGowan calls Alyssa Milano a ‘fraud’ over Joe Biden endorsement

Rose McGowan may actually be crazier than you are. Your premise is DNC insiders get the kid gloves treatment from the media. Tell that to HRC who had the media talk about her emails 24/7 while ignoring so much that has still yet to be covered on DJT.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Rose McGowan may actually be crazier than you are. Your premise is DNC insiders get the kid gloves treatment from the media. Tell that to HRC who had the media talk about her emails 24/7 while ignoring so much that has still yet to be covered on DJT.

:blink:     :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I opened the article expecting something very damaging and even tried to read it as negatively towards Biden as possible but came away unimpressed with the information provided. Still willing to believe he could have done it, but this doesn’t convince me.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

In 2017, Ms. Reade retweeted praise for Mr. Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In more recent months, her feed has featured support for Mr. Sanders and criticism of Mr. Biden.”

Don't let the veneer of leftist causes fool you. David is nothing more than a reactionary. 

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't let the veneer of leftist causes fool you. David is nothing more than a reactionary. 

And you are nothing more than a essentially brain dead TPMer. Never thinks for himself, ever. Just waits to be spoon fed the BS from the DNC. Never questions ANYTHING.

Biden is a 4 decade gaffe machine. At his best he was the loveable clown of the DNC and that was on his good days. Throw in all the crazy manhandling of young women, his votes for WAR, Incarcerating YBM, the Senator from MBNA, sold his soul to Wall Street, took a dump on Anita Hill but of course no one cares about womens issues when a DNC -White-Male is involved. He has had to copy all of his life's work from someone else because he was too dumb to do it himself. He is a probable rapist.

Of Course none of that matters to the VBNMW Brain Dead Zombie Crowd. 
There are other candidates out there. It is not too late.  

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And you are nothing more than a essentially brain dead TPMer. Never thinks for himself, ever. Just waits to be spoon fed the BS from the DNC. Never questions ANYTHING.

Biden is a 4 decade gaffe machine. At his best he was the loveable clown of the DNC and that was on his good days. Throw in all the crazy manhandling of young women, his votes for WAR, Incarcerating YBM, the Senator from MBNA, sold his soul to Wall Street, took a dump on Anita Hill but of course no one cares about womens issues when a DNC -White-Male is involved. He has had to copy all of his life's work from someone else because he was too dumb to do it himself. He is a probable rapist.

Of Course none of that matters to the VBNMW Brain Dead Zombie Crowd. 
There are other candidates out there. It is not too late.  

Cites Republican talking points while chastising others for not thinking for themselves.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Cites Republican talking points facts while properly chastising others for not thinking for themselves.

FTFY

You guys are sssooo pitiful.

You were never going to read or intellectually engage on anything that disagrees with the TPM. 

My Bad.

Wasted my time with facts etc. You 2-3 people are just too damn dense to do anything but parrot the TPM, ad nauseum. 

Just go ahead and VBNMW, and when Trump is re-elected know you, and people that DONT THINK like you, are to be blamed. Of course we will cover this server up with Russians!!! or whatever. The DNC has chosen the one candidate that may have no chance to beat Trump. WTG Idiots.

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Cites Republican talking points while chastising others for not thinking for themselves.

A fool. A hanger-on that actively harms the movements he claims to support. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

A fool. A hanger-on that actively harms the movements he claims to support. 

I’m sorry but do we have more than two choices? Realistic choices? I think he’s confused. 

I thought it was interesting that CNN had the '93 Larry King video in their possession and just sat on it. They end up getting scooped by another source on the material they are trying to hide. Contemporaneous statements made about the alleged incident on a live broadcast, by the victim's own Mother, would be considered prima facie evidence. It is definitely newsworthy.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You guys are sssooo pitiful.

You were never going to read or intellectually engage on anything that disagrees with the TPM. 

My Bad.

Wasted my time with facts etc. You 2-3 people are just too damn dense to do anything but parrot the TPM, ad nauseum. 

Just go ahead and VBNMW, and when Trump is re-elected know you, and people that DONT THINK like you, are to be blamed. Of course we will cover this server up with Russians!!! or whatever. The DNC has chosen the one candidate that may have no chance to beat Trump. WTG Idiots.

Bernie had less chance. Although Biden’s chances seem to be falling. Simply because of his dementia. Then trump asked Researchers to check into injecting people with bleach. So we have an entertaining few months coming. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

WTF is TPM?

Remember the "sewing circle" horse hockey? Think that. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Bernie had less chance. Although Biden’s chances seem to be falling. Simply because of his dementia. Then trump asked Researchers to check into injecting people with bleach. So we have an entertaining few months coming. 

Swing state polling suggests otherwise.  Biden currently leads in:

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Florida

Arizona

Wisconsin is a virtual tie

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Swing state polling suggests otherwise.  Biden currently leads in:

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Florida

Arizona

Wisconsin is a virtual tie

Those are the ones that matter. That’s why I’m hoping he goes with AmyK. You can probably add Minnesota then. 
      But I did say  “seem” to be falling. I haven’t looked at any polls. I just don’t see much positivity about Biden lately. But I am in Alabama where trump is worshipped. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Remember the "sewing circle" horse hockey? Think that. 

I for one can't wait until he goes full tankie and starts talking down to us about why Kim Jong Un is a thoughtful leader and we shouldn't be making light of the fact he's on his way out the door and  that he's done a lot of good against the awful centrist west. 

7 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I thought it was interesting that CNN had the '93 Larry King video in their possession and just sat on it. They end up getting scooped by another source on the material they are trying to hide. Contemporaneous statements made about the alleged incident on a live broadcast, by the victim's own Mother, would be considered prima facie evidence. It is definitely newsworthy.

They have now pulled the video. I wonder why? Now the VBNMW Zombies, they don’t care because they don’t think for themselves. 

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

They have now pulled the video. I wonder why? Now the VBNMW Zombies, they don’t care because they don’t think for themselves. 

CNN didn't pull s***. In fact, they reported on the subject of this post Saturday. 

You're such an easy mark. A pluperfect example of a useful idiot. 

Archived