New Evidence Supporting Credibility Of Tara Reade's Allegation Against Joe Biden Emerges

Auburnfan91

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigdor has apparently dropped her as a client. 

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/21/tara-reade-biden-expert-testimony-274460

Defense lawyers look to reopen cases where Tara Reade testified as an expert

I'm not saying Biden can't be a tad on the creepy side with his personal space and touching issues.  But as far as being someone who committed full blown sexual assault, whether you believe him capable of it or not, Reade has always felt like an extremely shaky person with which to make that case to me.  It's why I haven't really commented much on it.  I'm loathe to summarily dismiss a woman's claims just because people start picking apart her personal life and playing the "crazy woman" trope.  But there were just too many strange goings-on with her politics, too many inconsistencies for me to ever really feel like I was getting the unvarnished truth from her.

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not saying Biden can't be a tad on the creepy side with his personal space and touching issues.  

No doubt, but that's all already out there and voters have the opportunity to weigh it. 

But as far as being someone who committed full blown sexual assault, whether you believe him capable of it or not, Reade has always felt like an extremely shaky person with which to make that case to me.  It's why I haven't really commented much on it.  I'm loathe to summarily dismiss a woman's claims just because people start picking apart her personal life and playing the "crazy woman" trope.  But there were just too many strange goings-on with her politics, too many inconsistencies for me to ever really feel like I was getting the unvarnished truth from her.

As I said prior, in what amounts to a he said/she said, the accuser's credibility is very important, and I've weighed what's available and it's hard to find much to hang your hat on there.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

On top of her history, the timing really bothers me.

Well, the timing argument could have been made with Kavanaugh as well.  Women often don't speak up until they feel compelled to - either because someone else is going to out them and they want to do it themselves and have more control over it, or because the person they are accusing is about to step into a role of much greater power and influence than before - such as a justice on the SCOTUS or the POTUS.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Well, the timing argument could have been made with Kavanaugh as well.  Women often don't speak up until they feel compelled to - either because someone else is going to out them and they want to do it themselves and have more control over it, or because the person they are accusing is about to step into a role of much greater power and influence than before - such as a justice on the SCOTUS or the POTUS.  

Yeah, but that one wasn't so much on Mrs. Ford as it was Feinstein, and there was pretty much universal agreement here that she handled it poorly. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah, but that one wasn't so much on Mrs. Ford as it was Feinstein, and there was pretty much universal agreement here that she handled it poorly. 

True.  And I wasn't criticizing Ford on that basis.  All I meant to say is that the timing argument for me isn't one that I put much weight on.

True.  And I wasn't criticizing Ford on that basis.  All I meant to say is that the timing argument for me isn't one that I put much weight on.

I think the biggest difference here is that she crafted a narrative that she's been trying to go to the press for a while and that they were simply tuning her out. She did go to the media last year, yeah, but with a very different narrative. This is a good take from one of the journalists she approached:

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

Suddenly, in March, it went from harassment to outright assault. And I bet the feeling she was probably coordinating with the folks that broke the story, given her replies to Ryan Grim on Twitter, "tick tock," which implies a partisan motive. Then we get these revelations that she has a history of grifting and all that jazz. 

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

To me, all of the circumstances are somewhat cumulative.  In other words, considering her history, the timing gets a little more suspicious.

Have I mentioned how bad the red rose brigade is on twitter? Bunch of loons that swarm like flies to s***. I'm convinced half of them are COINTEL bots. 

In case anyone hadn't seen it, and since it was discussed so much here:

The World Health Organization says it is temporarily halting its clinical trials that use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients over published concerns that the drug may do more harm than good.

The move comes after the medical journal The Lancet reported on Friday that patients getting hydroxychloroquine were dying at higher rates than other coronavirus patients.

NPR

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

In case anyone hadn't seen it, and since it was discussed so much here:

NPR

Don't tell Mickey.  At least he has the "placebo effect" going for him. ;)

Archived