New Evidence Supporting Credibility Of Tara Reade's Allegation Against Joe Biden Emerges

Auburnfan91

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Man, Facts are sho nuff pesky things....

This also leaves out the biggest fact of all: COVID-19.  When Kavanaugh was nominated, the fight for the seat was the biggest story in the country.

This stuff with Biden is breaking during a pandemic that has shut down the world's economy, cost jobs, and lives.  Of course that's going to get more attention and dominate coverage.

You're over here trying to make and apples to apples comparison with an apples and a bale of hay.  It doesn't work.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is definitely a double standard on the day Kavanaugh was accused or shortly thereafter there was a feeding frenzy by CNN, MSNBC and many Democrats based on Ford's testimony. To be honest I don't know whether Ford or Kavanaugh was telling the truth. Nobody who was supposedly at the party but Ford had a recollection of what Ford said and apparently she did not confide this information to anybody until may years later in a Therapy session. Then many years later she brought it up. She may have been ashamed and traumatized and that explains why it was not brought up earlier. There were some discrepancy in Ford's story sometimes there were three people sometimes four  but again because of time and trauma she may have been a bit confused. Kavanaugh strongly disagreed with her. Everybody can believe either Ford or Kavanaugh but the fact that it got so much coverage without any real corroboration would have been striking except that Kavanaugh was being appointed to Supreme Court which made it news.  

Now Tara Reade comes forth with a story when she was working for Biden she also brings it up many years later but there is a major difference in the Reade story shortly after she said this occurred she told people about it. Those people have come forth and verified she told them now we see where her mother actually called into Larry King and bringing it up however without the lurid details. One of the people who is backing her story is a lifelong Democrat who still says she plans to vote for Biden so it is not like she has an ulterior motive for backing the story. 

When some of the Democrats who came out so strongly against Kavanaugh based on one person's testimony without a lot of corroboration their response is I know Joe he wouldn't do this. Even though many people who knew Kavanaugh and had worked with him said the same thing. 

Like I said I can understand all the stories on Kavanaugh because he was up for the Supreme Court hence that made it news. Biden is running for President of the United States that should make it news just as much as Kavanaugh being nominated to Supreme court unless there really is a double standard. Just like Kavanaugh Ford I don't know if Biden or Reade is telling the truth but both woman's stories deserve the same level of attention.  In the past there was a good ole boys club that swept these type's of stories under the rug. I thought things were changing. Now I am not so sure.

At the time of the Kavanaugh testimony many of the Democratic Senators said it takes great courage for a woman to come forth and speak and that lends credibility  to the woman's story. I agree it takes great strength and courage to come forth that is true for both woman. 

In the past woman who came forth were ignored or shamed hence why so many didn't come forth that said while a very small minority times there have been woman who made up the offense. The big issue here is it is still a she said/he said and seldom is there physical evidence or witnesses to prove or disprove a claim which does leave to honest disagreements on the guilt. What should never happen is to have  different coverage and different views based on Political affiliation which appears to be what we are seeing here Reade had more corroboration than did Ford. She told people this well before she became a Bernie Sander's supporter which discredits one of the reason's people say she is saying this now.

30 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is definitely a double standard on the day Kavanaugh was accused or shortly thereafter there was a feeding frenzy by CNN, MSNBC and many Democrats based on Ford's testimony. To be honest I don't know whether Ford or Kavanaugh was telling the truth. Nobody who was supposedly at the party but Ford had a recollection of what Ford said and apparently she did not confide this information to anybody until may years later in a Therapy session. Then many years later she brought it up. She may have been ashamed and traumatized and that explains why it was not brought up earlier. There were some discrepancy in Ford's story sometimes there were three people sometimes four  but again because of time and trauma she may have been a bit confused. Kavanaugh strongly disagreed with her. Everybody can believe either Ford or Kavanaugh but the fact that it got so much coverage without any real corroboration would have been striking except that Kavanaugh was being appointed to Supreme Court which made it news.  

Now Tara Reade comes forth with a story when she was working for Biden she also brings it up many years later but there is a major difference in the Reade story shortly after she said this occurred she told people about it. Those people have come forth and verified she told them now we see where her mother actually called into Larry King and bringing it up however without the lurid details. One of the people who is backing her story is a lifelong Democrat who still says she plans to vote for Biden so it is not like she has an ulterior motive for backing the story. 

When some of the Democrats who came out so strongly against Kavanaugh based on one person's testimony without a lot of corroboration their response is I know Joe he wouldn't do this. Even though many people who knew Kavanaugh and had worked with him said the same thing. 

Like I said I can understand all the stories on Kavanaugh because he was up for the Supreme Court hence that made it news. Biden is running for President of the United States that should make it news just as much as Kavanaugh being nominated to Supreme court unless there really is a double standard. Just like Kavanaugh Ford I don't know if Biden or Reade is telling the truth but both woman's stories deserve the same level of attention.  In the past there was a good ole boys club that swept these type's of stories under the rug. I thought things were changing. Now I am not so sure.

At the time of the Kavanaugh testimony many of the Democratic Senators said it takes great courage for a woman to come forth and speak and that lends credibility  to the woman's story. I agree it takes great strength and courage to come forth that is true for both woman. 

In the past woman who came forth were ignored or shamed hence why so many didn't come forth that said while a very small minority times there have been woman who made up the offense. The big issue here is it is still a she said/he said and seldom is there physical evidence or witnesses to prove or disprove a claim which does leave to honest disagreements on the guilt. What should never happen is to have  different coverage and different views based on Political affiliation which appears to be what we are seeing here Reade had more corroboration than did Ford. She told people this well before she became a Bernie Sander's supporter which discredits one of the reason's people say she is saying this now.

Very level headed take and spot on in many ways.  The one thing I keep coming back to with regards to coverage is COVID-19.  Anyone expect wall-to-wall or even hugely significant television coverage on anything but a global crisis and its impact on lives and the economy right now is living in a fantasy world.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Very level headed take and spot on in many ways.  The one thing I keep coming back to with regards to coverage is COVID-19.  Anyone expect wall-to-wall or even hugely significant television coverage on anything but a global crisis and its impact on lives and the economy right now is living in a fantasy world.

I can except that Covid-19 impacts the news cycle to an extent but when I see all the other non Covid stories on those networks it would seem this would be more important than those. What I have a problem with is the Democratic Senators who so fervently believed Ford and will not speak out at all on Reade except to say they know Joe Biden and he is a good guy.  They believed Ford with less collaboration than Reade's story has.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Joe Biden has done several interviews over the last few weeks after the allegation gained public attention. Yet the media have yet to question him about it during any interview he's done.

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I can except that Covid-19 impacts the news cycle to an extent but when I see all the other non Covid stories on those networks it would seem this would be more important than those. What I have a problem with is the Democratic Senators who so fervently believed Ford and will not speak out at all on Reade except to say they know Joe Biden and he is a good guy.  They believed Ford with less collaboration than Reade's story has.

100% fair

As for COVID coverage, I haven't seen much of anything on a major network that isn't some type of COVID news item in nearly 2-3 months.  I don't watch a lot of network news (I prefer reading), so can't comment authoritatively.

6 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Joe Biden has done several interviews over the last few weeks after the allegation gained public attention. Yet the media have yet to question him about it during any interview he's done.

But to my knowledge, no big interviews since the latest information, correct?

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

From 2008 

https://web.archive.org/web/20110831180050/https://www.counterpunch.org/2008/08/23/quot-change-quot-quot-hope-quot-why-they-must-be-talking-about-joe-biden/

CounterPunch Diary

"Change," "Hope" … Why They Must be Talking About Joe Biden!

by ALEXANDER COCKBURN

"Change” and “hope” are not words one associates with Senator Joe Biden, a man so ripely symbolic of everything that is unchanging and hopeless about our political system that a computer simulation of the corporate-political paradigm senator in Congress would turn out “Biden” in a nano-second.

The first duty of any senator from Delaware is to do the bidding of the banks and large corporations which use the tiny state as a drop box and legal sanctuary. Biden has never failed his masters in this primary task. Find any bill that sticks it to the ordinary folk on behalf of the Money Power and you’ll likely detect Biden’s hand at work. The bankruptcy act of 2005 was just one sample. In concert with his fellow corporate serf, Senator Tom Carper, Biden blocked all efforts to hinder bankrupt corporations from fleeing from their real locations to the legal sanctuary of Delaware. Since Obama is himself a corporate serf and from day one in the US senate has been attentive to the same masters that employ Biden, the ticket is well balanced, the seesaw with Obama at one end and Biden at the other dead-level on the fulcrum of corporate capital.

Another shining moment in Biden’s progress in the current presidential  term was his conduct in the hearings on Judge Alito’s nomination to the US Supreme Court. From the opening moments of the Judiciary Committee’s sessions in January, 2006,  it became clear that Alito faced no serious opposition. On that first ludicrous morning Senator Pat Leahy sank his head into his hands, shaking it  in unbelieving despair as Biden blathered out a self-serving and inane monologue lasting a full twenty minutes before he even asked Alito one question. In his allotted half hour Biden managed to pose only five questions, all of them ineptly phrased. He did pose two questions about Alito’s membership of a racist society at Princeton, but had already undercut them in his monologue by calling Alito "a man of integrity", not once but twice, and further trivialized the interrogation by reaching under the dais to pull out a Princeton cap and put it on.

In all, Biden rambled for 4,000 words, leaving Alito time only to put together less than 1,000. A Delaware newspaper made deadly fun of him for his awful performance, eliciting the revealing confession from Biden that "I made a mistake. I should have gone straight to my question. I was trying to put him at ease."

Biden  is a notorious flapjaw. His vanity deludes him into believing that every word that drops from his mouth is minted in the golden currency of Pericles. Vanity is the most conspicuous characteristic of US Senators en bloc , nourished by deferential  acolytes and often expressed in loutish sexual  advances to staffers, interns and the like.  On more than one occasion CounterPunch’s editors have listened to vivid accounts by the recipient of just such advances, this staffer of another senator being accosted  by Biden in the well of the senate  in the week immediately following his first wife’s fatal car accident.   

His “experience” in foreign affairs consists in absolute fidelity to the conventions of cold war liberalism, the efficient elder brother of raffish  “neo-conservatism”. Here again the ticket is well balanced, since Senator Obama has, within a very brief time-frame,  exhibited great fidelity to the same creed.

Obama opposed the launching of the US attack on Iraq in 2003. He was not yet in the US Senate, but having arrived there in 2005 he has since voted unhesitatingly for all appropriations of the vast sums required for the war’s prosecution. Biden himself voted enthusiastically for the attack, declaring in the Senate debate in October, 2002, in a speech excavated and sent to us by Sam Husseini:

I do not believe this is a rush to war. I believe it is a march to peace and security. I believe that failure to overwhelmingly support this resolution is likely to enhance the prospects that war will occur. … [Saddam Hussein] possesses chemical and biological weapons and is seeking nuclear weapons. … For four years now, he has prevented United Nations inspectors from uncovering those weapons…

The terms of surrender dictated by the United Nations require him to declare and destroy his weapons of mass destruction programs. He has not done so. …

Many predicted the administration would refuse to give the weapons inspectors one last chance to disarm. …

Mr. President, President Bush did not lash out precipitously after 9/11. He did not snub the U.N. or our allies. He did not dismiss a new inspection regime. He did not ignore the Congress. At each pivotal moment, he has chosen a course of moderation and deliberation. …

For two decades, Saddam Hussein has relentlessly pursued weapons of mass destruction. There is a broad agreement that he retains chemical and biological weapons, the means to manufacture those weapons and modified Scud missiles, and that he is actively seeking a nuclear capability. …

We must be clear with the American people that we are committing to Iraq for the long haul; not just the day after, but the decade after…. [Biden confided to his colleagues that this would be a long fight, but was still for it.]I am absolutely confident the President will not take us to war alone. I am absolutely confident we will enhance his ability to get the world to be with us by us voting for this resolution. 

In step with his futile bid for the Democratic nomination, Biden changed his mind on the war, and part of his mandate will be to shore up the credentials of the Democratic ticket as being composed of “responsible” helmsmen of Empire,  stressing that any diminution of the US presence in Iraq will be  measured and thus extremely slow, balanced by all the usual imperial  ventures elsewhere around the globe.

Why did Obama chose Biden? One important constituency pressing for Biden was no doubt the Israel lobby inside the Democratic Party. Obama, no matter how fervent his proclamations of support for Israel, has always been viewed with some suspicion by the lobby. For half the lifespan of the state of Israel, Biden has proved himself its unswerving acolyte in the senate.

And Obama picked Biden for the same reason Michael Dukakis chose Senator Lloyd Bentsen in 1988: the marriage of youth and experience, so reassuring to uncertain voters but most of all to the elites, that nothing dangerous or unusual will discommode business as usual. Another parallel would be Kennedy’s pick of Lyndon Johnson in 1960, LBJ being  a political rival and a seasoned senator. Kennedy and Johnson didn’t like each other, and surely after Biden’s racist remarks about “clean” blacks, Obama cannot greatly care for Biden. It seems he would have preferred Chris Dodd but the latter was disqualified because of his VIP loans from Countrywide.

Well, that’s on point. 🙄

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

But to my knowledge, no big interviews since the latest information, correct?

Correct. But Joe Biden has not publicly addressed the allegations either. He had a virtual town hall yesterday where Hillary endorsed him.

22 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Correct. But Joe Biden has not publicly addressed the allegations either. He had a virtual town hall yesterday where Hillary endorsed him.

From Biden's perspective, I don't know what else he could say.  He already denied the allegations weeks ago.  What have come out are not new allegations, but corroborating witnesses.

I think it's more on his defenders as AuburnNTexas stated.  Their silence to this point is deafening.  From a political standpoint, I get why they'd remain silent.  With bigger stories out there right now due to COVID, I'm sure they're hoping this blows over.  It won't, but I'm guessing that's their hope.

As I read through the archives of BK and compare them to Biden story, it becomes rather apparent we have quite a few hypocrites on the forum. No one should be shocked by that reality, but the commentary and lack thereof from a handful of pathetic clowns who were so forthcoming with damnation over BK and silence or deflection on Biden is evident. Not that they suddenly lost my respect, but take a look for yourselves and see these pathetic clowns for what and who they are, pathetic clowns.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

As I read through the archives of BK and compare them to Biden story, it becomes rather apparent we have quite a few hypocrites on the forum. No one should be shocked by that reality, but the commentary and lack thereof from a handful of pathetic clowns who were so forthcoming with damnation over BK and silence or deflection on Biden is evident. Not that they suddenly lost my respect, but take a look for yourselves and see these pathetic clowns for what and who they are, pathetic clowns.

I’m looking at you, brother, and agree you’re pathetic. Happy?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m looking at you, brother, and agree you’re pathetic. Happy?

Love the dog bark. Feeling guilty? LOL. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You and homey will one day figure this thing out. Opinion Pieces arent news. They are just opinions...

Get those docs from the U of Delaware, and we will know.

Now, for those of you that cant hold but a single thought in your head...
Bernie is done, no doubt. Of the rest, I may have to pick Klobuchar. I like Gabbard, but she wont kiss Military-Industrio Butt, so she's out. 

Last thought, i am glad that now that there is a gathering tidal wave of evidence some have been forced to do the right thing.
It would have been so much better if they had simply grown up and listened to the woman before all this. 
And lets face facts, #metoo is just a political baseball bat for so many. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

From Biden's perspective, I don't know what else he could say.  He already denied the allegations weeks ago.  What have come out are not new allegations, but corroborating witnesses.

I think it's more on his defenders as AuburnNTexas stated.  Their silence to this point is deafening.  From a political standpoint, I get why they'd remain silent.  With bigger stories out there right now due to COVID, I'm sure they're hoping this blows over.  It won't, but I'm guessing that's their hope.

Excuses excuses...

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You and homey will one day figure this thing out. Opinion Pieces arent news. They are just opinions...

Get those docs from the U of Delaware, and we will know.

Now, for those of you that cant hold but a single thought in your head...
Bernie is done, no doubt. Of the rest, I may have to pick Klobuchar. I like Gabbard, but she wont kiss Military-Industrio Butt, so she's out. 

Last thought, i am glad that now that there is a gathering tidal wave of evidence some have been forced to do the right thing.
It would have been so much better if they had simply grown up and listened too the woman before all this. 
And lets face facts, #metoo is just a political baseball bat for so many. 

Out of likes. Unfortunately, this proves it was never about the women. Pathetic.

26 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Excuses excuses...

Taking a look at it from how others probably should approach this from a political standpoint vs how I look at it is an excuse?  OK then....

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Taking a look at it from how others probably should approach this from a political standpoint vs how I look at it is an excuse?  OK then....

Biden has not dead on addressed this. No one has had the balls to stare him down and grill the old man...to ask the tough questions.

And while I cant stand Trump, that big pile of never was...He has took this stuff straight in the teeth for 3+ years. 

It is time to move on from these two privileged old white men...

21 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Biden has not dead on addressed this. No one has had the balls to stare him down and grill the old man...to ask the tough questions.

And while I cant stand Trump, that big pile of never was...He has took this stuff straight in the teeth for 3+ years. 

It is time to move on from these two privileged old white men...

He's getting more pressure from his own party and left leaning mainstream publications like WaPo.  What you seek as far as Biden getting grilled or addressing it in a manner that suits you is likely coming soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-house-dem-hakeem-jeffries-tara-reade-biden-allegation-serious

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Out of likes. Unfortunately, this proves it was never about the women. Pathetic.

You’re so full of s***. No one here has dismissed the claim. Just not jumping on the crazy bandwagon that the “media” won’t address claims against the DNC. Al Franken too long ago for your faulty memory? These allegations were in March. New info came out a couple of days ago. He needs to address them. She needs to be heard. Her inconsistencies also need to be considered. You don’t give a damn what happens to any woman. You just see her as a political prop. You don’t give a damn about anything but your Lord and Savior Donald Trump. If you gave a damn about women being mistreated you could have never supported that guy. Pathetic.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's getting more pressure from his own party and left leaning mainstream publications like WaPo.  What you seek as far as Biden getting grilled or addressing it in a manner that suits you is likely coming soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-house-dem-hakeem-jeffries-tara-reade-biden-allegation-serious

Dont ever quote Fox on here. You lost 50 Cred points on that alone.

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Dont ever quote Fox on here. You lost 50 Cred points on that alone.

LOL!  It was actually a well written straight news article.  That's why I posted.  There are some things Fox does well.  Chris Wallace is one of them.  He'll just call you on BS.  Actually thought he was by far the best moderator of the three Presidential debates in 2016.

What is so nauseating about all this with Biden? This or something else was going to take him down folks. It took Biden 32 years to win a primary.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/4/donald-trump-joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegations?fbclid=IwAR3oym2mY5L-KvacsC9hgImRiGwqBrmvHYA8bFNXfpE-euMkqXF0I1XCcHI

A Party in Biden’s Image

If a Martian were to look at these contrasting responses to candidates’ alleged sexual misconduct and try to guess which party was the one that claimed to “believe women” and which party espoused consistent hostility to sexual assault survivors, it would likely get the answers mixed up. That the GOP of late 2016 had a more forceful response to its nominee’s history of sexual assault than the Democratic Party of 2020 had to theirs says much about the latter.

Of course, Democrats’ silence has been enabled by a mainstream press determined to protect Biden at all costs, a goal that has prevailed throughout the election so far. Without the wall-to-wall coverage that greeted the Access Hollywood tape, there has been none of the widespread popular outrage that pushed the equally unprincipled Republicans into briefly turning on Trump. Even now, cable news coverage of the allegation is a mere trickle, while Democrat-aligned women’s groups are refusing to say anything about the scandal.

In Biden, the Democrats have truly found their closest possible Trump equivalent: a candidate whose family relentlessly profits off his political career, has an alarmingly casual disregard for the truth, is frequently incoherent in public, has a history of alleged sexual misconduct, and can seemingly do nothing to lose his party’s favor, no matter how awful. But while Trump was a creature forced on an unwilling Republican establishment, Biden’s candidacy only exists because of the concerted efforts of his party’s establishment, who chose him fully conscious of his history of sexual misconduct, and have now decided their best bet is to call an ever more credible alleged assault survivor a liar. To paraphrase Rachel Maddow: If you think there is a national Democratic Party separate and apart from Joe Biden at this point, the Democratic Party would like to disabuse you of that notion.

Archived