New Evidence Supporting Credibility Of Tara Reade's Allegation Against Joe Biden Emerges

Auburnfan91

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No one here has dismissed the claim.

And that's the difference here. 

Maybe some of us or some media outlets aren't pursuing this story as the BK story was pursued. (I agree that @AuburnNTexas might have a point there.) But I don't see anybody defending Biden the way that the weirdos on this forum, Fox, and other GOP-friendly entities defended Kavanaugh, either. (Or how they constantly defend Trump's transgressions, Roy Moore's, etc.)

I do think that folks should wait until November- if Biden is still the candidate and assuming that there's not been a conviction or recantation by then- to make up their minds about how the Left handled this. As @TexasTiger pointed out, there's actually plenty (and recently provided) reason to believe that Dems will put principles over party if called upon to do so, and that non-Fox news will cover the story accordingly. 

And if I missed somebody saying Biden didn't do it, apologies. I don't agree with that stance.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Biden just had a sleazy lawyer and an extra  130k laying around he could have made this go away. For a while anyway....

Im about ten percent as disappointed as DKW86 in Biden’s nomination. It’s ridiculous a better pick was not made. Where I differ from DKW is on Bernie. He was a worse pick than Joe. I don’t see how it’s the Fault of the DNC either.

Just like with Kavanaugh, I think Biden deserves the benefit of doubt when these accusations come up decades later. Although, I think Kavanaugh’s accuser had more credibility. I was siding with Kavanaugh until I saw the senate hearing. The accuser seemed more credible and Brett made an ass of himself. At that point I thought there had to be a better person to sit on that court. even though politically the person may be worse. If Biden sat through a hearing like that there’s about a 70% chance he would also make an ass of himself. But Biden is not running around against BK. He’s running against Trump. Trump makes an ass of himself every day. He’s been accused by dozens of women and was caught bragging a live mic about doing exactly what Biden is being accused of. So excuse me if I don’t think I have to eliminate Joe because of this. If this does eliminate him, great. there there are dozens of people I would rather have anyway. If I’m choosing between two ***** grabbers, I’m choosing the one who didn’t ask doctors to investigate disinfectants as an internal treatment for a virus. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

If Biden just had a sleazy lawyer and an extra  130k laying around he could have made this go away. For a while anyway....

Im about ten percent as disappointed as DKW86 in Biden’s nomination. It’s ridiculous a better pick was not made. Where I differ from DKW is on Bernie. He was a worse pick than Joe. I don’t see how it’s the Fault of the DNC either.

Just like with Kavanaugh, I think Biden deserves the benefit of doubt when these accusations come up decades later. Although, I think Kavanaugh’s accuser had more credibility. I was siding with Kavanaugh until I saw the senate hearing. The accuser seemed more credible and Brett made an ass of himself. At that point I thought there had to be a better person to sit on that court. even though politically the person may be worse. If Biden sat through a hearing like that there’s about a 70% chance he would also make an ass of himself. But Biden is not running around against BK. He’s running against Trump. Trump makes an ass of himself every day. He’s been accused by dozens of women and was caught bragging a live mic about doing exactly what Biden is being accused of. So excuse me if I don’t think I have to eliminate Joe because of this. If this does eliminate him, great. there there are dozens of people I would rather have anyway. If I’m choosing between two ***** grabbers, I’m choosing the one who didn’t ask doctors to investigate disinfectants as an internal treatment for a virus. 

Excellent post!! I agree with everything except that Trump never said that he grabbed women by the ****y. He said that due to his celebrity status that he COULD and get away with it. Just like he said he could kill someone on Madison Ave. and never lose a vote.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

But I don't see anybody defending Biden the way that the weirdos on this forum, Fox, and other GOP-friendly entities defended Kavanaugh, either

What would you call all of the endorsements Biden has and the excuses (I believe Joe) being made for those endorsements?  Man, wake up. The only reason the MSM are looking into this now is because the victim, the people that have come forward to confirm her story and FOX has pressed it. There is a reason @Brad_ATX linked the FOX article. 

Heck, the NYTimes (a former newspaper) had an exhaustive investigation and found nothing wrong with Biden’s actions, except some unwanted touching.  

there's actually plenty (and recently provided) reason to believe that Dems will put principles over party if called upon to do so, and that non-Fox news will cover the story accordingly.

Yeah, like the sanctions Omar received for her anti-Semitic comments from Nancy and her crew.  It will be an entertaining fall.

And if I missed somebody saying Biden didn't do it, apologies.

Biden, through his spokes person, said the allegations where false.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign on Friday adamantly denied a newly surfaced allegation of sexual assault leveled by a former Senate staffer, calling the claim concerning the purported incident decades ago “false.”

“Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims. We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false,” Kate Bedingfield, deputy campaign manager and communications director for the Biden campaign, said in a statement to Fox News

To the bolded part:  :rollin:  This article was on March 27th.  I know people believe the COVID-19 over shadowed this, but that is a convenient excuse.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-denies-false-allegations-of-sexual-assault

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

He said that due to his celebrity status that he COULD and get away with it

Evidently Biden has been practicing this axiom for some time.  

30 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Excellent post!! I agree with everything except that Trump never said that he grabbed women by the ****y. He said that due to his celebrity status that he COULD and get away with it. Just like he said he could kill someone on Madison Ave. and never lose a vote.

This is a typically forgiving stretch of an interpretation in yet another attempt to defend and normalize. Exact quote:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything.

Virtue signalling comes from all corners, and several of you continue to make yours very apparent. 

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What is so nauseating about all this with Biden? This or something else was going to take him down folks. It took Biden 32 years to win a primary.

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/4/donald-trump-joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegations?fbclid=IwAR3oym2mY5L-KvacsC9hgImRiGwqBrmvHYA8bFNXfpE-euMkqXF0I1XCcHI

A Party in Biden’s Image

If a Martian were to look at these contrasting responses to candidates’ alleged sexual misconduct and try to guess which party was the one that claimed to “believe women” and which party espoused consistent hostility to sexual assault survivors, it would likely get the answers mixed up. That the GOP of late 2016 had a more forceful response to its nominee’s history of sexual assault than the Democratic Party of 2020 had to theirs says much about the latter.

Of course, Democrats’ silence has been enabled by a mainstream press determined to protect Biden at all costs, a goal that has prevailed throughout the election so far. Without the wall-to-wall coverage that greeted the Access Hollywood tape, there has been none of the widespread popular outrage that pushed the equally unprincipled Republicans into briefly turning on Trump. Even now, cable news coverage of the allegation is a mere trickle, while Democrat-aligned women’s groups are refusing to say anything about the scandal.

In Biden, the Democrats have truly found their closest possible Trump equivalent: a candidate whose family relentlessly profits off his political career, has an alarmingly casual disregard for the truth, is frequently incoherent in public, has a history of alleged sexual misconduct, and can seemingly do nothing to lose his party’s favor, no matter how awful. But while Trump was a creature forced on an unwilling Republican establishment, Biden’s candidacy only exists because of the concerted efforts of his party’s establishment, who chose him fully conscious of his history of sexual misconduct, and have now decided their best bet is to call an ever more credible alleged assault survivor a liar. To paraphrase Rachel Maddow: If you think there is a national Democratic Party separate and apart from Joe Biden at this point, the Democratic Party would like to disabuse you of that notion.

This is the crux for you. He’s not a great candidate. You liked the other guy. Your using this shifting allegation to advance that agenda. I don’t sense any real concern from you for the accuser.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

What would you call all of the endorsements Biden has and the excuses (I believe Joe) being made for those endorsements?  Man, wake up. The only reason the MSM are looking into this now is because the victim, the people that have come forward to confirm her story and FOX has pressed it. There is a reason @Brad_ATX linked the FOX article. 

Yeah.  It was the first one to pop up in a series of articles from mainstream sources on the same subject and I was too lazy to go deeper than that.  Thought one link would be sufficient for the same story.

Also, Fox is part of the MSM.  It's disingenuous when people try to suggest otherwise.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah.  It was the first one to pop up in a series of articles from mainstream sources on the same subject and I was too lazy to go deeper than that.  Thought one link would be sufficient for the same story.

Also, Fox is part of the MSM.  It's disingenuous when people try to suggest otherwise.

You know FOX has been on this longer that other sources AND there are people on here that do not reference FOX as a reliable source.  See DKW’s comments when you linked FOX.  It is MSM, but seldom listened to by many here.  Who was correct all along about Flynn and the FBI?  Most the the MSM is part and parcel to the DNC, change my mind.

I actually thought Trump was in trouble when he blamed the FBI of wire taping his phone.  It wasn’t until the Mueller Report came out that I knew something wasn’t right.  Then most of the MSM doubled down on their garbage and I haven’t trusted them since.  They (most MSM) haven’t apologized either, FOX didn’t have to, it was right.  I listen to other MSM outlets and then listen to FOX and try to determine where the two storied intersect.  Sometimes they don’t.

They’re (MSM) taking this TDS to a new level and it is disingenuous at best.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know FOX has been on this longer that other sources AND there are people on here that do not reference FOX as a reliable source.  See DKW’s comments when you linked FOX.  It is MSM, but seldom listened to by many here.  Who was correct all along about Flynn and the FBI?  Most the the MSM is part and parcel to the DNC, change my mind.

I actually thought Trump was in trouble when he blamed the FBI of wire taping his phone.  It wasn’t until the Mueller Report came out that I knew something wasn’t right.  Then most of the MSM doubled down on their garbage and I haven’t trusted them since.  They (most MSM) haven’t apologized either, FOX didn’t have to, it was right.  I listen to other MSM outlets and then listen to FOX and try to determine where the two storied intersect.  Sometimes they don’t.

They’re (MSM) taking this TDS to a new level and it is disingenuous at best.

Cool.  So how about the numerous times Fox has used their airwaves to disseminate false information and conspiracy theories?  Did you jump on them then like you are with other outlets here?

And it wasn't Fox that took down folks like Al Franken.  It was other, more liberal outlets.  To say that they are all in the tank for the DNC belies facts.  And if you believe that anyway, then you should rightfully believe that Fox is in the tank for the RNC.  The network literally spits out RNC talking points on a daily basis.

However, at all networks, there are writers that still do a pretty good of straight journalism.  There's a reason I read 90% of my news intake.  Easier to remove biases and talking head opinions.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is a typically forgiving stretch of an interpretation in yet another attempt to defend and normalize. Exact quote:

Virtue signalling comes from all corners, and several of you continue to make yours very apparent. 

I STILL think Trump is a scumbag. I read things literally. When he says "You can do anything" I understand that to mean, "You can do anything" - not, "Here's what I did or like to do." It's a disgusting statement but I don't read it as an admission. It would not surprise me at all if Trump has don'e that and worse to women. I am defending what he said on the audio tape, not him as a person, and I am CERTAINLY not normalizing his behavior.

Also, when Donald Trump claimed he could "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not "lose any voters." I read that literally as well. I am still waiting for the investigation and murder trial for that comment.

I don't know what "virtue signalling" is. I am not woke like you, so I will agree with you on that point.

15 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I STILL think Trump is a scumbag. I read things literally. When he says "You can do anything" I understand that to mean, "You can do anything" - not, "Here's what I did or like to do." It's a disgusting statement but I don't read it as an admission. It would not surprise me at all if Trump has don'e that and worse to women. I am defending what he said on the audio tape, not him as a person, and I am CERTAINLY not normalizing his behavior.

Also, when Donald Trump claimed he could "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not "lose any voters." I read that literally as well. I am still waiting for the investigation and murder trial for that comment.

I don't know what "virtue signalling" is. I am not woke like you, so I will agree with you on that point.

Virtue signalling is an expression that your side came up with. And you continuing to say how much you dislike trump while popping up in most of these threads to defend, deflect or explain away his behavior is a very specific but not uncommon brand of it. I'm sure I'm guilty of a different brand. 

While I agree with your assessment of the Fifth Ave comment, I don't agree that it's remotely similar. It is hyperbole of the exact same variety as John Lennon saying the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. I don't take offense to either comment. In a way, both guys were right. 

But the ***** grabbing comment was clearly him relaying his experiences. Just like he very clearly suggested injecting cleaning products into human bodies. To interpret his words in other ways requires effort. 

40 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did you jump on them then like you are with other outlets here?

No I didn’t, I waited until the Mueller report was published to determine who lied to me.  I usually have a wait and see attitude on things like this.

43 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And it wasn't Fox that took down folks like Al Franken.  It was other, more liberal outlets.  To say that they are all in the tank for the DNC belies facts.  And if you believe that anyway, then you should rightfully believe that Fox is in the tank for the RNC.  The network literally spits out RNC talking points on a daily basis

Interestingly enough, Kristen Gellibrand was instrumental in bringing down Franken and she just endorsed Biden.  How times have changed.  Yes, FOX is in the tank for the RNC.  I know that and they even admit it, unlike other outlets that think they are objective.  

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No I didn’t, I waited until the Mueller report was published to determine who lied to me.  I usually have a wait and see attitude on things like this.

You're cherry picking.  Fox has pushed numerous unfounded conspiracy theories over the last few years.  When you start calling those out, you then have a leg to stand on.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, Kristen Gellibrand was instrumental in bringing down Franken and she just endorsed Biden.  How times have changed. 

Maybe she sees a difference in the cases?

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re so full of s***. No one here has dismissed the claim. Just not jumping on the crazy bandwagon that the “media” won’t address claims against the DNC. Al Franken too long ago for your faulty memory? These allegations were in March. New info came out a couple of days ago. He needs to address them. She needs to be heard. Her inconsistencies also need to be considered. You don’t give a damn what happens to any woman. You just see her as a political prop. You don’t give a damn about anything but your Lord and Savior Donald Trump. If you gave a damn about women being mistreated you could have never supported that guy. Pathetic.

Horse hockey. You're the one that downplayed the incident. Your fingerprints are still here for all to see unless you deleted them and I wouldn't put that past you. So stop lying. You never cared about women. All politics for your pathetic a$$. Always the same song for you and the clown posse, get caught, get called out, deflect to Trump when there is no relevance. Rinse repeat. You're a media minion. Bye you loser. :ucrazy:

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're cherry picking.  Fox has pushed numerous unfounded conspiracy theories over the last few years.  When you start calling those out, you then have a leg to stand on.

Maybe she sees a difference in the cases?

Not really cherry picking; I haven’t pushed or believed some of the stuff FOX puts out until it is vetted.  The Flynn thing is interesting, but I don’t know which way it will go until he is either exonerated or pardoned.  It does point to how corrupt Comey’s FBI was.

The sexual assault issue with Biden is still up in the air, but the way the media has *investigated* the allegations is nowhere near the way they *investigated* the Kavanaugh allegations.

The difference was in the evidence, the idiot though it was no big deal and had photo evidence.  Not as clear cut in this one.  But we all know the woman must be believed.  I heard that from Biden himself.

On the Biden topic we now have a 4/29 NY Times report containing this except.

"The Biden campaign talking points, which were first reported by BuzzFeed News, instruct supporters to describe the candidate as a “fierce advocate for women” who has never faced any “complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct.” The talking points also inaccurately suggested that an investigation by The New York Times this month found that “this incident did not happen.”

In a statement issued Wednesday, The Times noted that the investigation “made no conclusion either way.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/29/us/politics/tara-reade-joe-biden.html

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

"The Biden campaign talking points, which were first reported by BuzzFeed News, instruct supporters to describe the candidate as a “fierce advocate for women” who has never faced any “complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct.” The talking points also inaccurately suggested that an investigation by The New York Times this month found that “this incident did not happen.”

In a statement issued Wednesday, The Times noted that the investigation “made no conclusion either way.”

Sounds a lot like trump claiming the Mueller report exonerated him. Wrong in both cases.

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This is the crux for you. He’s not a great candidate. You liked the other guy. Your using this shifting allegation to advance that agenda. I don’t sense any real concern from you for the accuser.

Then you are sadly mistaken. Other Julie Swetnick, I acknowledge all those that have come forward. I might not see supporting 100%, but something happened to get them to stand up to the crap tornado that comes with being a Survivor in today's media. 

Just real personal aside here. Kavanaugh and the boat trips. and openly discussing hookers etc. . https://medium.com/@7im/what-happens-on-the-bus-stays-on-the-bus-8fd0f13eca97

There were other articles at the time about this and other boat trips and this was as late as 2001 folks...

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

You might need to explain TALKING POINTS. Seems some of the kids here have never ever heard of them...<fer>

On 4/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, IronMan70 said:

Well, obviously talking points are just in that psycho DKW's mind. Talking Points are urban legend...carry on. <fer>

Some of you folks are so disingenuous that your intellectual schtick is just f'in pathetic. I mean 100% laughably pathetic. What are you 12? I assumed everyone here was at least college degreed of close, IQs of 120+. I see i am either horribly wrong or that some here are just posers and trolls. WTH are TPM? That may well be the most lame-ass question ever asked on this board in 18 years...

I will get this out there before there is any spin placed on the interview.

I thought that Mika Brzezinski did a good job this morning in her interview with Biden. She did not seem to be intentionally giving him "softballs." I would have liked for her to have separated two early questions to find out what Biden remembers about Reade. 

Geraldo Riveria said he thought that Biden had a deer in the headlights look, but I thought it was just his make-up job. I assume that Biden KNOWS that the national archives has no record of a complaint by Reade. He and his team are smart to try to put make the whole issue about a complaint that he says Reade says she made in 1993. I expect the Repubs to try to have a hearing to try to put the heat on Biden like the Dems did on Kavanaugh.

Anyway, just my thought.

23 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Well, obviously talking points are just in that psycho DKW's mind. Talking Points are urban legend...carry on. <fer>

Some of you folks are so disingenuous that your intellectual schtick is just f'in pathetic. I mean 100% laughably pathetic. What are you 12? I assumed everyone here was at least college degreed or close, IQs or 120+. I see i am either horribly wrong or that some here are just posers and trolls. WTH are TPM? That may well be the most lame-ass question ever asked on this board in 18 years...

While I knew what TPM stood for, not everyone uses acronyms.  For example, I've been on this board for a while now.  I still have no idea what "SJW" stands for. 

Hell man, back in college I literally turned the car around and took a girl home before we even got to the restaurant because she used the term "BFF" in a sentence like I was supposed to know what that meant.  

Some people still prefer the usage of the actual English language and not internet shorthand.

29 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

WTH are TPM? That may well be the most lame-ass question ever asked on this board in 18 years...

@TitanTiger David thinks you're stupid for not understanding his silly abbreviations. 

30 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I will get this out there before there is any spin placed on the interview.

I thought that Mika Brzezinski did a good job this morning in her interview with Biden. She did not seem to be intentionally giving him "softballs." I would have liked for her to have separated two early questions to find out what Biden remembers about Reade. 

Geraldo Riveria said he thought that Biden had a deer in the headlights look, but I thought it was just his make-up job. I assume that Biden KNOWS that the national archives has no record of a complaint by Reade. He and his team are smart to try to put make the whole issue about a complaint that he says Reade says she made in 1993. I expect the Repubs to try to have a hearing to try to put the heat on Biden like the Dems did on Kavanaugh.

Anyway, just my thought.

The senate isn’t picking the president. 

Archived