Please say it ain't so.

homersapien

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says a bunch of stupid things, but the way the media twisted the disinfectant stuff is just dumb. Anyone with half a brain can realize he was making an analogy to something that works quick like disinfectant. And if one automatically jumps to thinking he really meant it is blinded by their own bias. 

There’s plenty of things the media can call him out on, no need to make crap up. lol 

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

He says a bunch of stupid things, but the way the media twisted the disinfectant stuff is just dumb. Anyone with half a brain can realize he was making an analogy to something that works quick like disinfectant. And if one automatically jumps to thinking he really meant it is blinded by their own bias. 

There’s plenty of things the media can call him out on, no need to make crap up. lol 

Honesty regardless of political bias is welcomed here. Rare but welcomed. Post more. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Honesty regardless of political bias is welcomed here. Rare but welcomed. Post more. Thanks!

I usually just sit back with the popcorn and watch both sides argue and name call each other out for the exact same thing themselves are doing. LOL 

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I usually just sit back with the popcorn and watch both sides argue and name call each other out for the exact same thing themselves are doing. LOL 

Fair point!

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You seem to be blind -and deaf- to your own bias. 

(As if making such an "analogy" is any less stupid.)

Of course! Duh.  Something that works quick, like disinfectant that could safely be injected inside the body to eliminate diseases....That would be called ******* MEDICINE! How smart do you have to be to recommend Drs check into that! Jeez! 

Then why did he not explain it like you just did instead of brushing it off as sarcasm....... it was embarrassing.  

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You seem to be blind -and deaf- to your own bias. 

(As if making such an "analogy" is any less stupid.)

It is a stupid analogy, and I never said otherwise. But that’s irrelevant to how the media reported what he said. 

What it was was a diabolical plot with the objective of voter suppression. The only people dumb enough to vote for Biden will also be dumb enough to inject Lysol into their veins and die. It's all real simple when you read between the lines.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Of course! Duh.  Something that works quick, like disinfectant that could safely be injected inside the body to eliminate diseases....That would be called ******* MEDICINE! How smart do you have to be to recommend Drs check into that! Jeez! 

Then why did he not explain it like you just did instead of brushing it off as sarcasm....... it was embarrassing.  

Because he just likes to hear himself talk. But he could have explained it better. It was still obvious what he was trying to say though. 

7 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It is a stupid analogy, and I never said otherwise. But that’s irrelevant to how the media reported what he said. 

It's not how the media reported what he said. It's what he said. We all watched it.

This sounds like people saying Twitter makes him sound stupid.

5 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Because he just likes to hear himself talk. But he could have explained it better. It was still obvious what he was trying to say though. 

I’m not sure I know what you are saying. Why don’t you just post what he was obviously trying to say or explain it better? Please, make it make sense.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m not sure I know what you are saying. Why don’t you just post what he was obviously trying to say or explain it better? Please, make it make sense.

What I am saying is that the fact that he had the two words "something like" in his statement leaves open to interpretation. A logical interpretation would be that he is referring to a medicine that acts quickly and kills the virus like the disinfectant does. I posted a similar phrase in the main political forum in almost the exact some context to let people come up with their conclusion to what is being implied. 

What I am saying is that the fact that he had the two words "something like" in his statement leaves open to interpretation. A logical interpretation would be that he is referring to a medicine that acts quickly and kills the virus like the disinfectant does. I posted a similar phrase in the main political forum in almost the exact some context to let people come up with their conclusion to what is being implied. 

Ok of course. That’s what I thought too.. but the stupidity and dishonesty just keeps getting deeper. Not you, I don’t mean any disrespect to you. I don’t think you are actually taking up his argument. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ok of course. That’s what I thought too.. but the stupidity and dishonesty just keeps getting deeper. Not you, I don’t mean any disrespect to you. I don’t think you are actually taking up his argument. 

No disrespect taken. And you are correct I am not taking up for him, just pointing out the stupidity and dishonesty that is coming from all directions. He's done some good things in his presidency and done some really stupid ones as well. I mean there's plenty of criticism that can be thrown his way on more legitimate stuff as well as credit for some things if one is being 100% honest.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No disrespect taken. And you are correct I am not taking up for him, just pointing out the stupidity and dishonesty that is coming from all directions. He's done some good things in his presidency and done some really stupid ones as well. I mean there's plenty of criticism that can be thrown his way on more legitimate stuff as well as credit for some things if one is being 100% honest.

Can you tell me or show me what dishonesty is coming from directions opposite of trump? I’m assuming you are referring to media? If so what media outlets  reported something dishonestly

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Can you tell me or show me what dishonesty is coming from directions opposite of trump? I’m assuming you are referring to media? If so what media outlets has reported something dishonestly

I am talking specifically about the way the media did their story's and headlines on this disinfectant debacle. I saw headlines that said "Trump suggests injection of disinfectants."

Then in the actual story they omit what he was trying to convey (basically what we both inferred.) To me that is being dishonest and not needed. If anything it helps strengthen his point of labeling them "Fake News."  And I am sure there are other's but I would have to do my research. I am not just criticizing the left media, let's be honest if this was something Obama would have said then it would have been Fox with those headlines. 

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I am talking specifically about the way the media did their story's and headlines on this disinfectant debacle. I saw headlines that said "Trump suggests injection of disinfectants."

Then in the actual story they omit what he was trying to convey (basically what we both inferred.) To me that is being dishonest and not needed. If anything it helps strengthen his point of labeling them "Fake News."  And I am sure there are other's but I would have to do my research. I am not just criticizing the left media, let's be honest if this was something Obama would have said then it would have been Fox with those headlines. 

I disagree on that headline. He did suggest injecting disinfectants. He didn’t suggest it to the general public but that’s for the reader to learn upon reading the article or watching the presentation. If someone just reads the headline I can see where it might appear he is telling people to try it ( like he did with the malaria drug). But I don’t see anything fake about it. When given the chance to explain himself he chose to give the sarcasm lie. If we give him any credibility then our inference of what he might have actually meant is null and void. 
        What he said was idiotic. The media reported it. Then he gets obviously disingenuous. He loses the right to call the media “fake “.

Fox News had similar views earlier today.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

I disagree on that headline. He did suggest injecting disinfectants. He didn’t suggest it to the general public but that’s for the reader to learn upon reading the article or watching the presentation. If someone just reads the headline I can see where it might appear he is telling people to try it ( like he did with the malaria drug). But I don’t see anything fake about it. When given the chance to explain himself he chose to give the sarcasm lie. If we give him any credibility then our inference of what he might have actually meant is null and void. 
        What he said was idiotic. The media reported it. Then he gets obviously disingenuous. He loses the right to call the media “fake “.

Fox News had similar views earlier today.

Technically he said “something like”, so the media should have at least including that aspect of the story or at least had it clarified for reporting it. And they pushed it more as if  he explicitly said it, which he did not. I do agree with you that it’s for the reader to firm their own opinion. Either the media tried to slant it the way they get to get their readers to be up in arms about or there’s some reason like of common sense in some readers, then you have the ones that will just live for and breath all things left biased and that clouds their vision. 

The media should have presented it as Trump is wanting to explore something that is similar to the rapid effectiveness of disinfectants. 

I’m curious your opinion on this scenario.... 

See now I don’t know. First I don’t get the point of your scenario. Now I’m wondering if you are defending him and to what extent. I never thought he intended for anyone to drink or inject disinfectant at home I don’t think the media tried to push that either.What he did was suggest Drs investigate something ridiculously stupid. If he meant something else, if there was any way to make a coherent thought out of what he actually said, he blew his chance to explain it. That is all 100% on him. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

See now I don’t know. First I don’t get the point of your scenario. Now I’m wondering if you are defending him and to what extent. I never thought he intended for anyone to drink or inject disinfectant at home I don’t think the media tried to push that either.What he did was suggest Drs investigate something ridiculously stupid. If he meant something else, if there was any way to make a coherent thought out of what he actually said, he blew his chance to explain it. That is all 100% on him. 

Yeah I don't know why he went with the sarcasm route. That made even less sense than his original comment. What I do know is all this BS is over a bunch of minced words. Regardless I think the media made a crap storm out of something stupid and they should be worried about bigger fish to fry.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:42 AM, wdefromtx said:

Yes, it was obvious.  All you have to do is watch the clip.

But if it was an analogy as you say, why did he immediately come out and try to pass it off as sarcasm directed at the media?  Got a spin for that?

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Obama - or any other educated, rational adult - would not have said such a thing.  They would not have turned to Dr. Brix and ask her if injecting a disinfectant or UV light would work in the middle of a national coronavirus "briefing". 

That's the whole point. And anyone ignorant enough to think it might would certainly have asked about it in private.

Trump's coronavirus meetings have been nothing but a stage for him to promote himself, attack his political foes and disseminate misinformation.  Not a bit of empathy.  Not a bit of leadership.

History will not treat him gently on this, not to mention the next election.

Archived