Please say it ain't so.

homersapien

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I just have to go back to my original thought. If he meant what he said, it’s stupid. If he meant medicine,  “something like “ disinfectant, it’s worse. Then he plays the sarcasm card. An obvious lie. Please tell us how much Biden gaffes now. 

Not sure I follow...… are your saying you think him referring to medicine as a disinfectant or working like a disinfectant is worse than if he thought you should actually try disinfectant? I did we are confusing ourselves now. LOL

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Medicine acts as a disinfectant....

SMH

0ECF3480-7CB4-44A6-B70A-B6D3E72062E6.jpeg

......viruses on inanimate surfaces.

Medicine is used on or in humans.  Disinfectants are used to sterilize things.

You don't have to be a scientist to understand the difference. (SMH)

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

......viruses on inanimate surfaces.

Medicine is used on or in humans.  Disinfectants are used to sterilize things.

You don't have to be a scientist to understand the difference. (SMH)

You also don't have to be a scientist to realize what he was trying to say. 

And technically there are multiple definitions and if you look at the first one listed in a reputable dictionary it says "an agent that frees from infection."

I am trying to figure out why people are so upset, oh wait they really think he means something like bleach. 

35 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not sure I follow...… are your saying you think him referring to medicine as a disinfectant or working like a disinfectant is worse than if he thought you should actually try disinfectant? I did we are confusing ourselves now. LOL

Yes absolutely. That’s what Doctors have been doing for hundreds of years, more diligently now than ever.  They don’t need this dipshit to recommend they try it now in the midst of a global pandemic. He realized that, got embarrassed and used the sarcasm lie. 

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yes absolutely. That’s what Doctors have been doing for hundreds of years, more diligently now than ever.  They don’t need this dipshit to recommend they try it now in the midst of a global pandemic. He realized that, got embarrassed and used the sarcasm lie. 

I don't agree.

I don't think Trump knows enough to realize conflating disinfectants with treatments is technically ignorant.

Just like he glomed onto  "hydroxyquinone" as a "game changer" drug that might cure covid-19, he glomed onto the word "disinfectant" - from the presentation that Azar gave about the susceptibility of coronavirus to them - as a possible treatment for covid-19. 

I think he actually thought - or maybe saying it just popped into his head would be more accurate - that maybe no one had considered testing disinfectants as treatments.

I don't think he's educated enough to realize hydroxyquinone - or any other medicine - is not in the same category as a disinfectant.  (WDE's attempts to rationalize they are notwithstanding.;D)

7 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You also don't have to be a scientist to realize what he was trying to say. 

Apparently, all it taks is being YOU. ;D

And technically there are multiple definitions and if you look at the first one listed in a reputable dictionary it says "an agent that frees from infection."

Treatments (medicine) are not in the same category as disinfectants, PERIOD. Yes, both can destroy microbes but one is not intended to do so in or on the body and the other is intended for use on inanimate objects, typically using very different mechanisms.

I am trying to figure out why people are so upset, oh wait they really think he means something like bleach. 

I am not upset.

You seem upset.  At least enough to insist Trump meant something than he actually said using such pedantic logic (see above).

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't agree.

I don't think Trump knows enough to realize conflating disinfectants with treatments is technically ignorant.

Just like he glomed onto  "hydroxyquinone" as a "game changer" drug that might cure covid-19, he glomed onto the word "disinfectant" - from the presentation that Azar gave about the susceptibility of coronavirus to them - as a possible treatment for covid-19. 

I think he actually thought - or maybe saying it just popped into his head would be more accurate - that maybe no one had considered testing disinfectants as treatments.

I don't think he's educated enough to realize hydroxyquinone - or any other medicine - is not in the same category as a disinfectant.  (WDE's attempts to rationalize they are notwithstanding.;D)

Of course medicine is not in the same category as disinfectants...……..but you know what the end results is...….they both can kill viruses. And I never tried to classify them in the same category. Only point out that on the simplest terms they can achieve the same goal for their respective situation, which is kill a virus or infection. 

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I just have to go back to my original thought. If he meant what he said, it’s stupid. If he meant medicine,  “something like “ disinfectant, it’s worse. Then he plays the sarcasm card. An obvious lie. Please tell us how much Biden gaffes now. 

I have gone back and looked at the WH transcript after Homer pointed out a few things and the context of what he was saying is perfectly more clear now. He did say disinfectant. But, looking at the transcript you realize he himself never referred to bleach or Lysol as the media tried to make it sound. 

My comment first :UV light is a proven disinfectant in many applications. It treats/cleans by removing the bacteria/virus etc. This was discussed in their presentation in depth and even refers to injecting light.

Below is Trump's quote via Homer.

Trump said:

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light (The disinfectant of discussion), and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light (disinfectant) inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant (ultraviolet or just very powerful light), where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside (He's asking if UV light for disinfection is possible to be injected meaning inject light), or almost a cleaning. (Cleaning meaning disinfect via UV light)" (Whatever a "cleaning is supposed to imply.) 

Therefore, you should ask yourself why the many media outlets insinuate he was meaning bleach or Lysol? Why didn't they make it clear that he was talking about the UV disinfection method? Oh wait I think I know. 

So yeah they said he said disinfectant, tried to make it look egregious bad and unsafe for people, when if someone watched the conference in it's entirety they'd realize it wasn't but he still looked like an idiot talking about something he didn't know about. That's on the media for not putting the entire event into context. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I never thought he intended for anyone to drink or inject disinfectant at home I don’t think the media tried to push that either

Sure they tried to push that very thing. Why all the hoopla and reporting the "Lysol warning". Do they really believe we are that stupid? Feel sure all the media attention resulted in a lot of prank calls to the poison center .etc... Laxman Narasimhan probably pushed the warning out personally. CBS Sunday Morning. They also felt the need to air a timely segment on "wacko treatments".

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-sunday-morning/video/CBbBW3CTKMClrQpXhETJTNDymWneFOvn/-sunday-morning-full-episode-4-26/

22 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure they tried to push that very thing. Why all the hoopla and reporting the "Lysol warning". Do they really believe we are that stupid? Feel sure all the media attention resulted in a lot of prank calls to the poison center .etc... Laxman Narasimhan probably pushed the warning out personally. CBS Sunday Morning. They also felt the need to air a timely segment on "wacko treatments".

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-sunday-morning/video/CBbBW3CTKMClrQpXhETJTNDymWneFOvn/-sunday-morning-full-episode-4-26/

Especially since the transcript of the press conference clearly shows he was explicitly talking about UV light to disinfect. 

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Especially since the transcript of the press conference clearly shows he was explicitly talking about UV light to disinfect. 

The man has needed to shut up since the first few minutes of his initial briefing. His rambling is horrible and gives his opponents  plenty of weaponry. Meanwhile Biden's handlers are able to keep him stuffed away due to our situation.  

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I have gone back and looked at the WH transcript after Homer pointed out a few things and the context of what he was saying is perfectly more clear now. He did say disinfectant. But, looking at the transcript you realize he himself never referred to bleach or Lysol as the media tried to make it sound. 

My comment first :UV light is a proven disinfectant in many applications. It treats/cleans by removing the bacteria/virus etc. This was discussed in their presentation in depth and even refers to injecting light.

Below is Trump's quote via Homer.

Trump said:

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light (The disinfectant of discussion), and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light (disinfectant) inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant (ultraviolet or just very powerful light), where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside (He's asking if UV light for disinfection is possible to be injected meaning inject light), or almost a cleaning. (Cleaning meaning disinfect via UV light)" (Whatever a "cleaning is supposed to imply.) 

Therefore, you should ask yourself why the many media outlets insinuate he was meaning bleach or Lysol? Why didn't they make it clear that he was talking about the UV disinfection method? Oh wait I think I know. 

So yeah they said he said disinfectant, tried to make it look egregious bad and unsafe for people, when if someone watched the conference in it's entirety they'd realize it wasn't but he still looked like an idiot talking about something he didn't know about. That's on the media for not putting the entire event into context. 

Not at all. Watch this 7 minute video. It’s the entire presentation from director Bill Bryan. You can actually skip to the last couple of minutes. Where he talks about and shows bleach and IPA on the slide. He finishes and trump takes the podium. The video ends but trump immediately started on the light then ADDS DISINFECTANTS to that. As you have seen. 
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4871125/user-clip-outdoor-sunlight-amp-isopropyl-alcohol-kill-covid-19-virus-warm-moist-weather-research

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Of course medicine is not in the same category as disinfectants...……..but you know what the end results is...….they both can kill viruses. And I never tried to classify them in the same category. Only point out that on the simplest terms they can achieve the same goal for their respective situation, which is kill a virus or infection. 

BS.

Your argument to rationalize Trump's comments is based on that.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

C'mon Salty, you are better than that. :no:

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Not at all. Watch this 7 minute video. It’s the entire presentation from director Bill Bryan. You can actually skip to the last couple of minutes. Where he talks about and shows bleach and IPA on the slide. He finishes and trump takes the podium. The video ends but trump immediately started on the light then ADDS DISINFECTANTS to that. As you have seen. 
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4871125/user-clip-outdoor-sunlight-amp-isopropyl-alcohol-kill-covid-19-virus-warm-moist-weather-research

Trump never says it. It’s in Bill’s presentation, but if you read the entire transcript Trump is specifically referring to UV light as the disinfectant. 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS.

Your argument to rationalize Trump's comments is based on that.

Read my latest post where I use your quoted information and then look through the entire transcript and show me where trump says bleach. Disinfectant he’s referring to is UV light. Plane and simple. 

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Read my latest post where I use your quoted information and then look through the entire transcript and show me where trump says bleach. Disinfectant he’s referring to is UV light. Plane and simple. 

OK, fine.

(And it's plain, not plane)

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Trump never says it. It’s in Bill’s presentation, but if you read the entire transcript Trump is specifically referring to UV light as the disinfectant. 

Man, you are going to ruin your transmission shifting gears like this. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Man, you are going to ruin your transmission shifting gears like this. 

Just reporting the facts. Unless you can show me in that transcript where Trump was referring to injecting bleach like the media reported. 

28 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Just reporting the facts. Unless you can show me in that transcript where Trump was referring to injecting bleach like the media reported. 

Your fact's are obviously getting more precise and without context.  Now you're are making a stand on the word "bleach". 

Can we please consolidate this thread onto one forum?  I suggest the this one - trash talk - it's obviously not worthy of serious discussion.  ;D

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It took you longer to figure out which “facts” you wanted to use than it took trump to decide to blame his stupidity on sarcasm. Which is interesting because  when he invoked sarcasm, it totally destroyed your newest facts. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

It took you longer to figure out which “facts” you wanted to use than it took trump to decide to blame his stupidity on sarcasm. Which is interesting because  when he invoked sarcasm, it totally destroyed your newest facts. 

No actually it didn't. But hey, if you want the media to add into their stories that Trump was talking about bleach or Lysol cool. I am sure you loved it and hoped people actually tried it. Regardless of his sarcasm he still never said anything about bleach or Lysol. He was said it was sarcasm because he looked like an idiot trying to talk about UV disinfectant. But it isn't the job of the media to just report how idiotic it was, their job is to lie and do what ever they can to make him more of an idiotic right? 

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No actually it didn't. But hey, if you want the media to add into their stories that Trump was talking about bleach or Lysol cool. I am sure you loved it and hoped people actually tried it. Regardless of his sarcasm he still never said anything about bleach or Lysol. He was said it was sarcasm because he looked like an idiot trying to talk about UV disinfectant. But it isn't the job of the media to just report how idiotic it was, their job is to lie and do what ever they can to make him more of an idiotic right? 

He’s handling it masterfully himself. You are helping him. As a matter of fact, I’ve been following other online discussions and participating in one other. You are the only person I have seen using this argument. It must be exhausting. 

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

He’s handling it masterfully himself. You are helping him. As a matter of fact, I’ve been following other online discussions and participating in one other. You are the only person I have seen using this argument. It must be exhausting. 

What's hard for you to understand? He got caught looking like an idiot talking about UV light as a disinfectant in the body and then somehow the media had to report he was talking about bleach?  Just report the idiocy of his statement correctly. Not sure how hard that is for you to understand. But when the same media tries to act all appalled and worried about dumb people drinking bleach hopefully they blame the person who drank it and not try to spin it as the President's fault. Because regardless of his idiocy he wasn't the one who insinuated bleach. 

Archived