2020 5 * C Makur Maker (Howard)

GwillMac6

Wouldn’t this be a heck of a steal by Bruce? I think with the draft and UK in it, we’ve already got, at the most, about a 10-20% chance of it happening, but sure would be cool... 

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 5 * C Makur Maker

According to Jeff Goodman @goodmanhoops on Twitter.  

https://t.co/3Dw4Q93Roc

Makur Maker, 6-11, 220, F, Post-Grad, Hillcrest Prep (AZ) | “He’s not [his cousin and NBA player] Thon. I don’t think he gets drafted.” – NBA executive”

If this is true, maybe he takes another look at AU? 🤷‍♂️

Please don’t go to Kentucky.

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Please don’t go to Kentucky.

Not sure he's a take for them. I haven't heard Makur mentioned from their end of things.

2 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Kentucky seems to be trending for anselem

How so? The most recent crystal ball picks for him have been to LSU & UGA.

I'd rather have the pair of Sanogo and Kuminga than Makur. Not that it is going to happen. Just an if/or thing.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

How so? The most recent crystal ball picks for him have been to LSU & UGA.

LSU and UGA no longer in the mix for Anselem.

Interesting that we never offered Anselem, given that he’s from the Atlanta area. Seems like his options have blown up since reclassifying. 

Much higher ceiling for Makur though - if he goes to college. 

8 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I'd rather have the pair of Sanogo and Kuminga than Makur. Not that it is going to happen. Just an if/or thing.

I agree with you. Interesting to see how things play out in the next 6-8 weeks.

5 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

LSU and UGA no longer in the mix for Anselem.

Crean's sorry ability to develop is already outweighing his (formerly) ace recruiting. I didn't think that process would be so accelerated

On 5/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

I'd rather have Kuminga by himself than Makur. Getting Kuminga and Sanogo would be the ideal.

Just now, crococile22 said:

Dang! Well that sucks. I'd still rather have Kuminga, but I suppose I would settle for Kuminga and Maker as best case, if that were at all possible to come about.

• 1 month later...

Woward. :dunno:

So he's cashing in his 1-year college lease on...Howard. His handlers are obviously telling him he's a lock draft pick, and they think it is best to make a political statement rather than enjoy a vibrant, winning basketball environment. I hope he doesn't get hurt, or things could unravel for him. Of course, with all this Covid stuff, who knows what college sports will look like this upcoming academic year. Shoot, maybe he just loved the Howard food court and felt a connection with his academic advisor there. 

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

So he's cashing in his 1-year college lease on...Howard. His handlers are obviously telling him he's a lock draft pick, and they think it is best to make a political statement rather than enjoy a vibrant, winning basketball environment. I hope he doesn't get hurt, or things could unravel for him. Of course, with all this Covid stuff, who knows what college sports will look like this upcoming academic year. Shoot, maybe he just loved the Howard food court and felt a connection with his academic advisor there. 

College basketball is more fun when top recruits pick schools other than Duke and UK. If it wasn’t going to be us, this is awesome. 

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

whatever the reason is does it matter to us as fans? it's his decision whether a fan agrees or not.

I think this is a momentous commitment, like it was said earlier, if it wasnt going to be Auburn, I'm in love with him choosing who he did. I don't even know how an Auburn fan would be burnt by it, bc our time with him ended quite a long while ago it looks like 

Archived