AUsince72

gr82be

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So sorry for the loss of your father. Lost mine two years ago followed by my mother this past April. I say this only to say that they both live on in my heart. I miss them but I'm so thrilled knowing where they are. Glad your eye scare was just that and nothing more. I consider it a blessing myself to be able to come here and read posts like yours, @AUsince72 and @ToraGirl. It's inspiring to see truth faith and love for the Lord with everything going on today. May God continue to bless you and comfort you in your loss. 

Yes, both of my parents have moved to a better place. It is a weird feeling being without both of them I have to admit

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fredst said:

Look forward to reading and continue to keep you in our prayers. 2020 has not been my best year: lost my father after a long fight (which was tougher than I thought it would be), was threatened with loss of vision in one of my eyes(turned out well and my vision is now fine but a scary time for a guy that operates on people for a living), immediately followed by a pandemic. And yet, I am blessed beyond measure and humbled by your faith in the face of adversity far greater than mine ( mine is just life and it looks like I’m a wus, lol). God bless and War Eagle!

Dr. Fred, I am so sorry for your losses & your struggles.  No reason to be humbled by my faith as I'm humbled by yours!  We all have our crosses to bear but won't it be glorious when we can cast our crowns at our King's feet!

God bless & War Eagle back 'atcha, brother!

I was going to PM this to a few but since y'all don't mind, here goes....Thank you for listening. 🙂

Okay, I'm sorry it's very long, but here's my story.  I realize it won't mean the same thing to everyone.  I also realize it may sound unbelievable to many too.  But it is absolutely 100% true, and the reason some have noticed a complete transformation in me.  I'm not saying I'm perfect.  I'm not saying I'm even Good as we all fall short of God's glory and I often fall WAY short.  But my story is to demonstrate that we don't HAVE to be perfect.  We just have to have a relationship with Jesus Christ and HE will take care of the rest.

BTW, The Bible verse I live by: 
Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the Lord."

I'm currently 48 yrs old and I've been a saved Christian since my late 20's.  Unfortunately, I certainly could be accused of being a "luke-warm" Christian at best & a hypocrite at worst for a good part of my life since.  I believed Jesus Christ was the real son of God, whose purpose was to be our Savior, but didn't really change much about how I lived nor gave nearly enough of my time devoted to His service.  BTW, even though I haven't always been the best of Christians, I have experienced my share of genuine miracles in my life, so I KNOW a miracle when I see one.  That'll mean something further on down....

That said, since my cancer diagnosis in July 2018, with horrible prognosis (the Doctors are still shocked that I'm still here), I've grown ever closer to the Lord as I believe the prayers of untold numbers of people (both known & unknown to me) have been faithfully answered by Him and has turned what is a "worldly" sinful negative into a "Spiritually" blessed positive.  Once diagnosed, rather than being angry or pulling away from my faith, I actually sought the comfort of my Lord even more fervently.

That said, 2020 has obviously not been kind and as daily news continued to get worse & worse, I was falling into a deep depression due to the current socio-political news, coupled with the claustrophobia of "covid-life" and add to it just the day to day ups & downs of life with stage 4 cancer while trying to protect the future of my wife & kids.  I became an almost unbearable man (I'm sure some still think so).  No sugarcoating it.  I was miserable.  But as the days & weeks went by in early 2020, and I was suffering, I was being showered with Christian thoughts & ideas.......much of it how I, myself, should be better.  Daily....several times a day....constant.  Yet I still kept lashing out and just not doing much of anything but hurting my witness.

However.....

Mother's Day, May 10th.  We were not having a particularly good day.  I won't go into details but it wasn't the best of days.  Sonya wanted to watch our church's Mother's Day service on-line (thanks covid) but we missed it too due to..... well.....just wait.  Anyway, I ended up taking a shower late in the afternoon and started being BOMBARDED with Christian thoughts and ideas.  I got out, was getting dressed and suddenly BALLED like a baby, crying out "I'm supposed to write a book!" and was sobbing to the point that Sonya came into the room to see what was wrong!  However, I was crying tears of JOY & humbleness!  A weight was lifted and I was amazingly joyful and felt purpose.  I still was not completely "healed" but the following things happened over the course of the next week.

***There's a point to the numbering, as you'll see.***

#1: As Sonya & I sat and spoke through my tears on Mother's Day, I told her that, though I knew that a "book" was too ambitious I felt The Holy Spirit came over me that I should do a blog or at least be constantly entering notes of my Christian thoughts, feelings & ideas as to the glory of The Lord.  I even discussed with Sonya that, at the very least, that way I could leave a Christian legacy behind for our girls Ruby & Emme.  
**And I did use the word "legacy".**

#2: I began to ramp up the posting of my views on faith, my Christian thoughts on-line..... especially here on AUFamily, growing bolder and showing my heart even more almost each day.  Now, I wasn't completely all sunshine & rainbows.  I still was battling some fear as at the same time, my Cancer Trial was underway and.....well, I'm sure you can imagine.  But with some of my still negative feelings & postings going on I ended up having a private conversation with a fellow AUF poster who I fully intended to negatively unload on.  However, the Lord worked through HIM to instead, minister to ME and BOOM things started to turn around for me.  My debilitating depression was GONE!  It was the first clear Sign to me of a miracle in progress.

#3:  I've only e-mailed my pastor once in my life, 2 years ago, when I was diagnosed with cancer.  So, my desire to e-mail him was truly out of the blue.   However, I emailed my church's pastor with the sudden desire for help & mentorship from him as I felt the Lord has laid it on my heart to minister publicly.  Now, NOT professional ministry as I'm no Bible expert......nor, as I said earlier, was I even a particularly good Christian.  However, since I do enjoy sharing light-hearted thoughts, insights, humor and sometimes even my thoughts on serious issues (occasionally) on-line that perhaps this is a "talent" my Lord will put to use.  Curiously, my pastor was polite but didn't seem overly impressed.  I was soon to understand why.

Okay, so to the point.....

The following Sunday the 17th, we had a pleasant morning and Sonya decided that she wanted to see the Mother's Day service we missed the previous Sunday.  Cool.

The message was on Mary's Canticle, which essentially is a "hymn of praise".  He pointed out that Mary was not anybody particularly special but rather God chose to show favor upon her in using her for His Greatest of all Miracles, to be the mother of our Savior. It was a very nice service and near the end, our pastor suggested we do our own.  

He then listed 3 ideas of how we can create our own Canticle.  He listed the 3 points exactly as follows:

#1:  Give it to your children, "as a legacy".

#2:  Post it online, so that others can hear your heart.

#3:  Email it to me (the pastor).

Well, as you can imagine, you could knock Sonya & I over with a feather.  Plus, after our pastor learned if this, his first response was "I want to interview you", LOL!

I don't use the term "prove Himself" because we do not challenge God.  However, I firmly believe that, like with Mary (but on a MUCH lesser scale of course), He chose to show me favor by revealing Himself in such a way as to reward my persistent faith, even through the worst of times.  I became a miracle!  NOT for my glory....but for HIS!!!!  Again..... Psalm 118:17!!!

And I'm so blessed and honored to be able to share this experience with you all.

So, whether the Lord grants me another 20 years, or only 6 months, I leave you with this....

Acts 20:23‭-‬24
"except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

I pray this gives you the same joy & peace it has given me!

May God bless you all!
Nathan

Thank you for sharing that Nathan. What an amazing testimony to how God can move in our lives. There are no words that can aptly describe the feeling when "one suddenly gets it" and you realize that you don't have to worry about being in control of anything anymore. Life becomes so much easier, more like He planned for us. Thanks again for what you bring to this board. Someone is watching, waiting, reading and being moved and you are helping them grow spiritually. 

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

So, whether the Lord grants me another 20 years

You've got a full, socially distanced Jordan Hare rooting for it. 

Also- I might have said it before- you and Sonya gave your daughters the coolest names.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, AUsince72 said:

BTW!

I would like to thank the Admins & Mods for permitting this thread to continue in the most trafficked of forums even though it has nothing to do with football and is simply giving me a platform, at this point, to witness.

I understand if it eventually gets shut down, especially if it bothers anyone, but I thank you.

God bless the AUFamily!

What do you mean it has nothing to do with football I see lots of football talk in this thread.....................................now if we could just come up with an idea to keep bird away it would be perfect.

Continue praying for you and your family 72....................think those positive waves man as my hero would say!!!!

Nathan, I feel a certainty in my heart that God IS and WILL use you to be a blessing to others. I am thankful to God that He is blessing through You many here, no telling how many elsewhere. As I told you, I lost my “big” Brother 3 weeks ago to a sudden heart attack. MY comfort from The Lord is knowing that Ken is exactly where he lived his life to be....Forever in Heaven with our Savior. His passing has taught me many things. #1 is to love fiercely and to speak of That love as often as possible. In the world of today...knowing you are loved creates great joy. The lack of that knowledge, great despair and loneliness. Thank you Brother. You obviously have THAT love for others. I can also assure you that YOU are loved. Keep swinging for the fences. God will do the rest. May God richly bless you and your family. THANKS again for sharing. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

What do you mean it has nothing to do with football I see lots of football talk in this thread.....................................now if we could just come up with an idea to keep bird away it would be perfect.

Continue praying for you and your family 72....................think those positive waves man as my hero would say!!!!

Thanks Golf, so greatly appreciated.

After all.....

4a4f64b50915ee8dcec525b1bbb3e864.jpg

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

now if we could just come up with an idea to keep bird away it would be perfect.

Tapix Bird Blinder Repellent Pinwheels, Effectively Keep Birds Away - Holographic Pin Wheels for Yard and Garden 15 inch Pinwheel Bird Deterrent, 10 Pack Garden Spinners, Great Geese Deterrent Product

Price:

image.jpeg

• BIRD DETERRENT- This visual reflective ornamental bird blinder pinwheel uses wind motion and light reflections to keep birds away coming from any angle. Inexpensive alternative bird scare device that will help eliminate and solve your bird problems such as bird droppings, bird noises, window strikes, fruit damages, etc. Best bird blinder pinwheels that will protect your area against any birds such as woodpeckers, geese, pigeons, blackbirds and much more.
  • QUALITY WIND SPINNERS- Tapix bird blinder repellent pinwheels is made from durable plastic material for outdoor use. The bird repellent product comes with a durable rod stick that can resist strong winds. The spinning wheel is applicable to mount anywhere on your anti-bird zone such as yard, vineyard, home, garden, barn, garages, etc.
  • HUMANE SOLUTION- The bird deterrent pin wheel product is made from safe non-toxic plastic material that would not harm the environment and animals. Bird repellent pinwheel device that will scare birds away in a humane way using visual light reflective rather than scaring and harming birds physically.
  • YARD DECORATION- Garden spinner pinwheel is 15 inch reflective enough to get the bird's attention from afar. Very stylish pinwheels for yard and garden to scare away birds that can be mounted anywhere to beautify your surroundings.
  • EASY TO INSTALL- Easily mount this bird blinder repellent pin wheels on your area with direct sunlight and breeze for effective use.

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Tapix Bird Blinder Repellent Pinwheels, Effectively Keep Birds Away - Holographic Pin Wheels for Yard and Garden 15 inch Pinwheel Bird Deterrent, 10 Pack Garden Spinners, Great Geese Deterrent Product

Price:

image.jpeg

• BIRD DETERRENT- This visual reflective ornamental bird blinder pinwheel uses wind motion and light reflections to keep birds away coming from any angle. Inexpensive alternative bird scare device that will help eliminate and solve your bird problems such as bird droppings, bird noises, window strikes, fruit damages, etc. Best bird blinder pinwheels that will protect your area against any birds such as woodpeckers, geese, pigeons, blackbirds and much more.
  • QUALITY WIND SPINNERS- Tapix bird blinder repellent pinwheels is made from durable plastic material for outdoor use. The bird repellent product comes with a durable rod stick that can resist strong winds. The spinning wheel is applicable to mount anywhere on your anti-bird zone such as yard, vineyard, home, garden, barn, garages, etc.
  • HUMANE SOLUTION- The bird deterrent pin wheel product is made from safe non-toxic plastic material that would not harm the environment and animals. Bird repellent pinwheel device that will scare birds away in a humane way using visual light reflective rather than scaring and harming birds physically.
  • YARD DECORATION- Garden spinner pinwheel is 15 inch reflective enough to get the bird's attention from afar. Very stylish pinwheels for yard and garden to scare away birds that can be mounted anywhere to beautify your surroundings.
  • EASY TO INSTALL- Easily mount this bird blinder repellent pin wheels on your area with direct sunlight and breeze for effective use.

Looks like you wasted your money...

On 7/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, WarTim said:

Nathan, I feel a certainty in my heart that God IS and WILL use you to be a blessing to others. I am thankful to God that He is blessing through You many here, no telling how many elsewhere. As I told you, I lost my “big” Brother 3 weeks ago to a sudden heart attack. MY comfort from The Lord is knowing that Ken is exactly where he lived his life to be....Forever in Heaven with our Savior. His passing has taught me many things. #1 is to love fiercely and to speak of That love as often as possible. In the world of today...knowing you are loved creates great joy. The lack of that knowledge, great despair and loneliness. Thank you Brother. You obviously have THAT love for others. I can also assure you that YOU are loved. Keep swinging for the fences. God will do the rest. May God richly bless you and your family. THANKS again for sharing. 

i missed that but i am so sorry for your loss.

72 as much as you have been through i believe you can justify being mean or whatever which i have not seen on here. i have most people that are angry have reasons to be and have found no solutions. anyway i wish you to best. prayers ..............

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

72 as much as you have been through i believe you can justify being mean or whatever which i have not seen on here. i have most people that are angry have reasons to be and have found no solutions. anyway i wish you to best. prayers ..............

I appreciate it fiddy.

I know we have very differing views on some issues (as we're supposed to be free to express in this country) and I might not like yours or you may not like mine (I might even be angry about certain views) but I truly never intend to be mean to anyone.  I don't believe it's even in my nature.  I don't even feel mean about getting cancer (if that even makes sense).

I hope that I have never made anyone feel I'm mean, whether directly to them or in general..... but I do appreciate & thank you for expressly saying so.

God bless, brother.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, AUsince72 said:

I hope that I have never made anyone feel I'm mean, whether directly to them or in general..... 

For me personally, you have never come across as anything but a really good man that truly cares for others and would go out of your way to help in any way.

However, Golf has been telling anyone and everyone that would listen what a POS you are. Last I overheard was that you cut in lines, fart in elevators, talk on your phone during movies, purposefully mislead the blind at crosswalks, and kick puppies. So if you want to approach him in a much more hostile mannor, then I completely understand and think it actually would be very therapeutic. Think of it as a form of alternative medicine.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

For me personally, you have never come across as anything but a really good man that truly cares for others and would go out of your way to help in any way.

However, Golf has been telling anyone and everyone that would listen what a POS you are. Last I overheard was that you cut in lines, fart in elevators, talk on your phone during movies, purposefully mislead the blind at crosswalks, and kick puppies. So if you want to approach him in a much more hostile mannor, then I completely understand and think it actually would be very therapeutic. Think if it as a form of alternative medicine.

I never thought Nathan would do anything like that. Just goes to show that you think you know someone and then you find out they talk during movies. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

However, Golf has been telling anyone and everyone that would listen what a POS you are. Last I overheard was that you cut in lines, fart in elevators, talk on your phone during movies, purposefully mislead the blind at crosswalks, and kick puppies. So if you want to approach him in a much more hostile mannor, then I completely understand and think it actually would be very therapeutic. Think if it as a form of alternative medicine.

Okay, I just woke Sonya up absolutely laughing my ass off at this!!!!!

You & Golf truly should take your act on the road. 

....of course you would BOTH be telling each other to not wear masks, stand in people's faces, lick their ice-cream cones when they're not looking and giving Dr's purple nurples in the middle of delicate surgeries!

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I never said he farts in elevators numnuts

On 7/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, AUsince72 said:

I was going to PM this to a few but since y'all don't mind, here goes....Thank you for listening. 🙂

Okay, I'm sorry it's very long, but here's my story.  I realize it won't mean the same thing to everyone.  I also realize it may sound unbelievable to many too.  But it is absolutely 100% true, and the reason some have noticed a complete transformation in me.  I'm not saying I'm perfect.  I'm not saying I'm even Good as we all fall short of God's glory and I often fall WAY short.  But my story is to demonstrate that we don't HAVE to be perfect.  We just have to have a relationship with Jesus Christ and HE will take care of the rest.

BTW, The Bible verse I live by: 
Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the Lord."

I'm currently 48 yrs old and I've been a saved Christian since my late 20's.  Unfortunately, I certainly could be accused of being a "luke-warm" Christian at best & a hypocrite at worst for a good part of my life since.  I believed Jesus Christ was the real son of God, whose purpose was to be our Savior, but didn't really change much about how I lived nor gave nearly enough of my time devoted to His service.  BTW, even though I haven't always been the best of Christians, I have experienced my share of genuine miracles in my life, so I KNOW a miracle when I see one.  That'll mean something further on down....

That said, since my cancer diagnosis in July 2018, with horrible prognosis (the Doctors are still shocked that I'm still here), I've grown ever closer to the Lord as I believe the prayers of untold numbers of people (both known & unknown to me) have been faithfully answered by Him and has turned what is a "worldly" sinful negative into a "Spiritually" blessed positive.  Once diagnosed, rather than being angry or pulling away from my faith, I actually sought the comfort of my Lord even more fervently.

That said, 2020 has obviously not been kind and as daily news continued to get worse & worse, I was falling into a deep depression due to the current socio-political news, coupled with the claustrophobia of "covid-life" and add to it just the day to day ups & downs of life with stage 4 cancer while trying to protect the future of my wife & kids.  I became an almost unbearable man (I'm sure some still think so).  No sugarcoating it.  I was miserable.  But as the days & weeks went by in early 2020, and I was suffering, I was being showered with Christian thoughts & ideas.......much of it how I, myself, should be better.  Daily....several times a day....constant.  Yet I still kept lashing out and just not doing much of anything but hurting my witness.

However.....

Mother's Day, May 10th.  We were not having a particularly good day.  I won't go into details but it wasn't the best of days.  Sonya wanted to watch our church's Mother's Day service on-line (thanks covid) but we missed it too due to..... well.....just wait.  Anyway, I ended up taking a shower late in the afternoon and started being BOMBARDED with Christian thoughts and ideas.  I got out, was getting dressed and suddenly BALLED like a baby, crying out "I'm supposed to write a book!" and was sobbing to the point that Sonya came into the room to see what was wrong!  However, I was crying tears of JOY & humbleness!  A weight was lifted and I was amazingly joyful and felt purpose.  I still was not completely "healed" but the following things happened over the course of the next week.

***There's a point to the numbering, as you'll see.***

#1: As Sonya & I sat and spoke through my tears on Mother's Day, I told her that, though I knew that a "book" was too ambitious I felt The Holy Spirit came over me that I should do a blog or at least be constantly entering notes of my Christian thoughts, feelings & ideas as to the glory of The Lord.  I even discussed with Sonya that, at the very least, that way I could leave a Christian legacy behind for our girls Ruby & Emme.  
**And I did use the word "legacy".**

#2: I began to ramp up the posting of my views on faith, my Christian thoughts on-line..... especially here on AUFamily, growing bolder and showing my heart even more almost each day.  Now, I wasn't completely all sunshine & rainbows.  I still was battling some fear as at the same time, my Cancer Trial was underway and.....well, I'm sure you can imagine.  But with some of my still negative feelings & postings going on I ended up having a private conversation with a fellow AUF poster who I fully intended to negatively unload on.  However, the Lord worked through HIM to instead, minister to ME and BOOM things started to turn around for me.  My debilitating depression was GONE!  It was the first clear Sign to me of a miracle in progress.

#3:  I've only e-mailed my pastor once in my life, 2 years ago, when I was diagnosed with cancer.  So, my desire to e-mail him was truly out of the blue.   However, I emailed my church's pastor with the sudden desire for help & mentorship from him as I felt the Lord has laid it on my heart to minister publicly.  Now, NOT professional ministry as I'm no Bible expert......nor, as I said earlier, was I even a particularly good Christian.  However, since I do enjoy sharing light-hearted thoughts, insights, humor and sometimes even my thoughts on serious issues (occasionally) on-line that perhaps this is a "talent" my Lord will put to use.  Curiously, my pastor was polite but didn't seem overly impressed.  I was soon to understand why.

Okay, so to the point.....

The following Sunday the 17th, we had a pleasant morning and Sonya decided that she wanted to see the Mother's Day service we missed the previous Sunday.  Cool.

The message was on Mary's Canticle, which essentially is a "hymn of praise".  He pointed out that Mary was not anybody particularly special but rather God chose to show favor upon her in using her for His Greatest of all Miracles, to be the mother of our Savior. It was a very nice service and near the end, our pastor suggested we do our own.  

He then listed 3 ideas of how we can create our own Canticle.  He listed the 3 points exactly as follows:

#1:  Give it to your children, "as a legacy".

#2:  Post it online, so that others can hear your heart.

#3:  Email it to me (the pastor).

Well, as you can imagine, you could knock Sonya & I over with a feather.  Plus, after our pastor learned if this, his first response was "I want to interview you", LOL!

I don't use the term "prove Himself" because we do not challenge God.  However, I firmly believe that, like with Mary (but on a MUCH lesser scale of course), He chose to show me favor by revealing Himself in such a way as to reward my persistent faith, even through the worst of times.  I became a miracle!  NOT for my glory....but for HIS!!!!  Again..... Psalm 118:17!!!

And I'm so blessed and honored to be able to share this experience with you all.

So, whether the Lord grants me another 20 years, or only 6 months, I leave you with this....

Acts 20:23‭-‬24
"except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

I pray this gives you the same joy & peace it has given me!

May God bless you all!
Nathan

AUsince72.........thank you so much for sharing this. Just know that you have been a very effective witness to someone on this Sunday morning as I post.......ME. 

20 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

AUsince72.........thank you so much for sharing this. Just know that you have been a very effective witness to someone on this Sunday morning as I post.......ME. 

THAT! Means SO much to me, but for HIS glory!

Thank you Proud Tiger!

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

That you, Weeza? 🤣

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I never said he farts in elevators numnuts

You never didn't say it.  

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

However, Golf has been telling anyone and everyone that would listen what a POS you are. Last I overheard was that you cut in lines, fart in elevators, talk on your phone during movies, purposefully mislead the blind at crosswalks, and kick puppies. So if you want to approach him in a much more hostile mannor, then I completely understand and think it actually would be very therapeutic. Think of it as a form of alternative medicine.

The only time I have felt personally attacked or offended by you @AUsince72 is that you are not enough of a AU 🐐 bruuuuuuce or Auburn basketball fan!!! Lol. All my least favorite posters are the ones who don't show enough love to bruuuuuuce and the boys and don't frequent the basketball forum enough!!! 🙈🙉😭😂🤣💯😒😏😉🏀⛹️

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The only time I have felt personally attacked or offended by you @AUsince72 is that you are not enough of a AU 🐐 bruuuuuuce or Auburn basketball fan!!! Lol. All my least favorite posters are the ones who don't show enough love to bruuuuuuce and the boys and don't frequent the basketball forum enough!!! 🙈🙉😭😂🤣💯😒😏😉🏀⛹️

Gwill, you are one of my faves all time!  I love how you keep life in perspective that it's just a ride to be made the most of with people whether they agree, disagree or not care.  I love you man!

Truth is, I LOVE Bruce!  He embodies the enthusiasm, desire & tradition that made college athletics so passionate & great.  My problem is the game of basketball itself.  Not that there's anything wrong with the game....just that I ALWAYS sucked at it, even from an early age, so I never grew the passion for it like I did baseball and football.

After all, I actually received looks from colleges for schollies in both baseball & football.  Basketball however? .....my first ever tryout as a youth went something like this:

tenor.gif

Archived