AUsince72

gr82be

44 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks Loof.  Yeah, started having fevers late Sat/early Sun and didn't know what to make of it.  Luckily the Dr on call Sunday at the GI Surgery center was top notch!  Called in an oral antibiotic and my wife got there 5 mins to spare (this was Memorial Day weekend afterall).  Saw him Tues and he could tell it wasn't good, scanned Thursday STAT and they almost immediately called us back and said emergency surgery.   Then, to top it off, apparently I reacted on the table, they gave me something (still unclear what) that tanked my BP and I almost died right there.  But apparently I'm a pretty tough dude as I recovered very quickly and enough to come home.

Plus, add Coach Dye's passing saddens me and it's been a tough week+.

Scary. My prayers for you continue.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks Loof.  Yeah, started having fevers late Sat/early Sun and didn't know what to make of it.  Luckily the Dr on call Sunday at the GI Surgery center was top notch!  Called in an oral antibiotic and my wife got there 5 mins to spare (this was Memorial Day weekend afterall).  Saw him Tues and he could tell it wasn't good, scanned Thursday STAT and they almost immediately called us back and said emergency surgery.   Then, to top it off, apparently I reacted on the table, they gave me something (still unclear what) that tanked my BP and I almost died right there.  But apparently I'm a pretty tough dude as I recovered very quickly and enough to come home.

Glad to hear that you are at home now. Sepsis is a very scary condition ! Take care of yourself. Sending lots of prayers your way. You are so strong! Keep fighting Nathan!

You'd been quiet...there had to be a good reason. I join with your fan club in adding extra prayers and rejoicing in the "on it" nature of your family, local caregivers, and your own God-minded strength and perseverance. We simply love you! 

Philippians 4:19--ALL YOUR NEEDS. ALL. ❤🙏🦋👏🦅

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

You'd been quiet...there had to be a good reason. I join with your fan club in adding extra prayers and rejoicing in the "on it" nature of your family, local caregivers, and your own God-minded strength and perseverance. We simply love you! 

Philippians 4:19--ALL YOUR NEEDS. ALL. ❤🙏🦋👏🦅

Yes when I lay low.......I lay low in STYLE!

Thanks Tora, yes the Lord provides.  I definitely prayed a lot in the hospital and promise things would have been so much worse without Him to carry me through.  Seems every time that I prayed a need, it was almost immediately taken care of.

HE does not promise that all will be well, as satan took care of that in the garden, but HE does promise, to the faithful, that HE will make sure there's not too much you can handle.  And if it IS too much for your earthly self to handle, then it only means you've served your purpose/s and get to go home!

I truly had no fear going into the operating room, even as sick as I was.  My family is taken care of, by the grace of God, so I only want to continue to serve Him.....or I get to meet Him face to face!  As the song says.... "I Can Only Imagine".

God bless!

....sorry, I know I'm getting sappy, but if y'all will just indulge me. 😁

52 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks Tora, yes the Lord provides.  I definitely prayed a lot in the hospital and promise things would have been so much worse without Him to carry me through.  Seems every time that I prayed a need, it was almost immediately taken care of.

HE does not promise that all will be well, as satan took care of that in the garden, but HE does promise, to the faithful, that HE will make sure there's not too much you can handle.  And if it IS too much for your earthly self to handle, then it only means you've served your purpose/s and get to go home!

I truly had no fear going into the operating room, even as sick as I was.  My family is taken care of, by the grace of God, so I only want to continue to serve Him.....or I get to meet Him face to face!  As the song says.... "I Can Only Imagine".

God bless!

So well said...completely resonating. Have you seen the "I Can Only Imagine" movie?  I put it off because I knew it would be more than I could take in, but once I did, I had no idea. A genuine must-see for anyone, especially we who have known less-than-amazing family relations. 

Great to see you posting again. This reminds me of this song which I consider a hymm of sorts if you have Him in mind when you listen to it. Stay strong! 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Great to see you posting again. This reminds me of this song which I consider a hymm of sorts of you have Him in mind when you listen to it. Stay strong! 

Awesome my brother.

Yes, I absolutely get it!  And not to mention I had the HUGEST crush on her growing up :wub:.

Thanks for your kindness, as always!!!

War Eagle!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Awesome my brother.

Yes, I absolutely get it!  And not to mention I had the HUGEST crush on her growing up :wub:.

Thanks for your kindness, as always!!!

War Eagle!

Get in line, being that I'm older than you I must have seen her first. 😉

Prayers my man. I really believe they can make a difference even if we don’t know how. War Eagle forever. 

30 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Prayers my man. I really believe they can make a difference even if we don’t know how. War Eagle forever. 

They do, trust me!

The Lord's plan is not always our plan, but if you are truly faithful, ultimately you'll be rewarded.  I know that can be very hard to believe sometimes.....even to a Christian going through tough times.....but His plan is perfect in the end and hopefully you'll know it when you see it.

Speaking of... How is your Mom doing?  How are you and your wonderful bride doing?  I have y'all in my prayers.

God bless, brother!

Oh, buddy, I am so sorry that you’ve been so sick.  I hope you felt too bad to watch the rest of the country go to “ hell in a hand basket”, as my Mother used to say.  My prayers are still there with you, your family and your medical team.  I just asked Jesus the Intercessor to take care of you, and I know He will. We all should be having a pretty active prayer life these days, so we should all remember you in them.  We love you! ❤️

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hi friends.

I'm not looking or asking for anything.  I've got so many praying for me, I'm truly so blessed!

Simply a PSA here...

Due to my cancer, and in this case my treatments, I have peripheral problems that can cause infection.  I went into sepsis the Sunday before last and fought pain & fevers until they finally got me figured out and went into emergency surgery late Thursday night.  I got out of the hospital late Saturday night but have to self-administer antibiotic IVs 3x per day at least until I see the Dr tomorrow and then maybe beyond.

Moral....sepsis ain't fun.  If you have a reason to think you might or could have it, learn the symptoms.  Literally 'bout killed me last week.

God bless y'all!

War Eagle!!!

EDIT:  (Correction) I did not go into sepsis Mem Day Weekend as it turns out my blood cultures that Tues showed no infection.  However, sometime between Tues & Thu, I DID go into sepsis.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thinking about you buddy ♥️

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Dude. Looks like you had several "just in time" moments there. So glad you have a kick ass support team, Nathan. Lifting you up, brother. 

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

God bless!

Thanks for the message brother. Very touching and spot on. God bless you and your family.

21 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

They do, trust me!

The Lord's plan is not always our plan, but if you are truly faithful, ultimately you'll be rewarded.  I know that can be very hard to believe sometimes.....even to a Christian going through tough times.....but His plan is perfect in the end and hopefully you'll know it when you see it.

Speaking of... How is your Mom doing?  How are you and your wonderful bride doing?  I have y'all in my prayers.

God bless, brother!

She’s doing alright! Getting some energy back but she’s getting her port put in tomorrow. Treatments starting soon.

The Mrs. and I are good pregnancy tests keep saying no but we’re going to head to the doctor later this week.

I think I already found my new job just going to have to make sure salary/benefits are worth the extra little bit of driving.

The house has had a lot of visits but no buyers yet (we’ve had THREE fall through from people not getting their stuff done right ahhhh)

We’re looking at a new place I’m in love with from the pictures/walkthrough video. We’ll see it needs some love and the wife wants move-in ready but I think she might come around based off its potential.

Lots and lots going on man!

Keep staying strong and keeping the faith Nathan, another battle won by you, bud!!!!!  Keep adding to the tally.  You got this!

God Bless Brother!!!

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Bumping this topic on up the page.

continuing to pray daily for you, bud.

Thanks brother!

Today (Sunday) is the last day of my IV antibiotics.  After 3 more treatments today, tonight I can take the IV out of my wrist (been there since 2 Thursdays ago) and start my oral antibiotics!  Can't wait!!  

According to the Infectious diseases Dr, the oral antibiotics should keep me from having anymore of these situations in the future.  I won't bore everyone with the details....

So, at least I can check 1 thing off of my "always have to live with" list LOL!

Thanks brother!

Today (Sunday) is the last day of my IV antibiotics.  After 3 more treatments today, tonight I can take the IV out of my wrist (been there since 2 Thursdays ago) and start my oral antibiotics!  Can't wait!!  

According to the Infectious diseases Dr, the oral antibiotics should keep me from havaing anymore of these situations in the future.  I won't bore everyone with the details....

great news 72!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:19 AM, AUsince72 said:

Thanks brother!

According to the Infectious diseases Dr, the oral antibiotics should keep me from having anymore of these situations in the future.  I won't bore everyone with the details....

I know it's just been a couple of days but how are the orals going so far? 

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I know it's just been a couple of days but how are the orals going so far? 

No issues, thank the Lord.

I saw the cancer Dr today and was able to re-start the trial drug as well!!

God is so good!

Thanks for asking brother.

Going to hijack the thread for a minute but I don't think @AUsince72 will mind at all. I noticed in the recruiting forum that Doc4aday said he tested positive for COVID 19. He's in 14 day quarantine currently so keep him in your thoughts and prayers. 

Archived