AUsince72

gr82be

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Going to hijack the thread for a minute but I don't think @AUsince72 will mind at all. I noticed in the recruiting forum that Doc4aday said he tested positive for COVID 19. He's in 14 day quarantine currently so keep him in your thoughts and prayers. 

Certainly don't mind at all!

@doc4aday Godspeed & I hope you have a swift recovery! 

God bless!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see that Ellitor made a thread for Doc. Let's all post our support and prayers for him. I know it would mean so much to him.

@AUsince72, you are still in our prayers, too! I hope you are feeling much better. Please stop scaring us! :P

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@AUsince72, you are still in our prayers, too! I hope you are feeling much better. Please stop scaring us! :P

My wife agrees!!

Apparently I was very close to death on the table but out of the hospital after only 2 nights.  Medicine is amazing....

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

My wife agrees!!

Apparently I was very close to death on the table but out of the hospital after only 2 nights.  Medicine is amazing....

So is the great physician

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So is the great physician

You know what?  Great point!!!

You're so right!

Bump. Normally I'd PM you, 72, but at this point I feel like it's okay to ask you how you're doing in front of the class. We're all thinking about you, bud. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bump. Normally I'd PM you, 72, but at this point I feel like it's okay to ask you how you're doing in front of the class. We're all thinking about you, bud. 

No, I don't mind you asking at all.  Just been taking some time away from the board and praying for strength to trust in The Lord and quit worrying about the things going on that I cannot control.  I'll leave it at that.

As for me, I'm slowly healing and back on the trial meds.  No bad effects, so praise The Lord!  I have a scan soon to see progress but the trial runs through Sept, so still a lot of time to go.

I'm praying for you all.  God bless!

Every time I see that star beside your screen name in the thread, it reminds me to pray for you, Nathan. I am lifting your name up to the Lord right now. 🙂 I hope you can feel our prayers and they give you some peace with what you can't control. Have a great evening! 

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

No, I don't mind you asking at all.  Just been taking some time away from the board and praying for strength to trust in The Lord and quit worrying about the things going on that I cannot control.  I'll leave it at that.

As for me, I'm slowly healing and back on the trial meds.  No bad effects, so praise The Lord!  I have a scan soon to see progress but the trial runs through Sept, so still a lot of time to go.

I'm praying for you all.  God bless!

It's okay my friend, none of us are actually in control of much except how we respond to what happens. You have that part down pat. Rest easy because you have a lot of prayers behind you. 

22 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Every time I see that star beside your screen name in the thread, it reminds me to pray for you, Nathan. I am lifting your name up to the Lord right now. 🙂 I hope you can feel our prayers and they give you some peace with what you can't control. Have a great evening! 

Hi 3rd Gen.  Trust me, I DO feel your prayers!  The peace and faith through this journey is not me but The Lord.  I'd be a complete, negative mess.....probably in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, if not for our Lord & Saviour answering not just my prayers, but yours!

Thank you so much for caring & your kindness!  God bless!

22 hours ago, gr82be said:

It's okay my friend, none of us are actually in control of much except how we respond to what happens. You have that part down pat. Rest easy because you have a lot of prayers behind you. 

You're so right.  Watching the country going nuts while fighting cancer and concern for my family's future (especially if I'm not around to be here for them) in these scary times.....phew!  There's so much I want to say, but rather I pray hard for strength to just try and be positive and hope that somebody....anybody sees how the love of Jesus Christ can really change a man or woman and give them peace.  If you pray for the strength to just trust The Lord, He will see you through your trials.

He doesn't promise life will be without troubles but He DOES promise that if you truly believe in Him, He'll always carry you when you're too weak to go on.  If those who read this only knew the honest to goodness miracles that have occurred to me & my family over the years or even just the blessings bestowed even during such trials I have faced & am facing.....I just wish everyone could feel what I feel.  It really would make a difference in their life.

As for me having it "down pat".  Thank you, but as I said to 3rd Gen above, it's not me.....or about me.....but proof of The Lord's love and grace through Jesus Christ. 

Thanks brother!   God bless!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You're so right.  Watching the country going nuts while fighting cancer and concern for my family's future (especially if I'm not around to be here for them) in these scary times.....phew!  There's so much I want to say, but rather I pray hard for strength to just try and be positive and hope that somebody....anybody sees how the love of Jesus Christ can really change a man or woman and give them peace.  If you pray for the strength to just trust The Lord, He will see you through your trials.

He doesn't promise life will be without troubles but He DOES promise that if you truly believe in Him, He'll always carry you when you're too weak to go on.  If those who read this only knew the honest to goodness miracles that have occurred to me & my family over the years or even just the blessings bestowed even during such trials I have faced & am facing.....I just wish everyone could feel what I feel.  It really would make a difference in their life.

As for me having it "down pat".  Thank you, but as I said to 3rd Gen above, it's not me.....or about me.....but proof of The Lord's love and grace through Jesus Christ. 

Thanks brother!   God bless!

Matthew 5:14-16 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A14-16&version=ESV

tenor.gif

Nathan, we continue to pray for you and your family here at my house. Your attitude is such an inspiration to me and so humbling. If Jeremiah 29:11 applies to anyone here I know that it is you. Keep fighting the good fight brother.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:31 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Thinking of you and your family 72. Stay strong!

18 hours ago, fredst said:

Nathan, we continue to pray for you and your family here at my house. Your attitude is such an inspiration to me and so humbling. If Jeremiah 29:11 applies to anyone here I know that it is you. Keep fighting the good fight brother.

16 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There's the star by your screen name, Nathan, reminding to once again pray for you. Done!

Thank you, I really appreciate it!  I just had a CT scan yesterday (Friday), so we'll see if the new drug is having positive effects.  Either way, I'll keep fighting because not my will be done, but The Lord's!!!

Prayer to our Lord is so powerful and as I've often said, I'm a prime example.

For you Christians out there, don't let the enemy tell you otherwise.  For anyone who doesn't believe, I pray that one day you'll come across someone (or even a situation) that makes you stop to think about it...and possibly opens a door to your Salvation.

It truly is a very scary place out there, especially not knowing how long I'll be able to be here for my family, and I'm praying daily for strength to trust Him.  When I don't do a good job of praying & trusting, I can get scared to death.  Not for me but for my girls who will have to navigate this crazy world, even after I'm gone.  However, when I take the time to pray for strength, He gives it to me and I trust Him that no matter what, His will be done.  I then find the joy & peace that gets me through.

That's merely my story.  I go through very difficult physical, mental & emotional things almost daily.  Please know that I'm very aware of my faults...even to know that I'm not "good".  In fact, I deserve hell (some will agree with me).  After all, this is coming from someone who is so far from perfect that I have to get a dictionary to even know what it means.  

However, thankfully, Jesus Christ paid that debt for me so I don't have to and I freely receive His grace and am sharing it with all who'll listen.

Your story is, obviously, very different from mine.  But Jesus Christ loves you and wants you to have a relationship with Him too.  Just start by praying....seeking Him....you might be surprised at the changes in your life, or how you feel about things.  It's real! ....trust me.

Again, thanks to all who care & have cared.  Thank you too, to those who may not even like me but at least sympathize or empathize with me whether you've expressed it here or not.  I love you all equally regardless of our similarities or differences. ....sometimes ESPECIALLY through our differences as I truly wish EVERYONE could feel what I do spiritually.

Anyway, this post is not really about me.  It's more about my love for y'all and what I pray for y'all daily.  Whether you're content or suffering, I pray the joy & peace of Christ for you.

God bless!

Nathan

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nathan.....you are a good man. No one is perfect and mistake free. Don't be too hard on yourself. 

Still praying for you every day. 

Thank you Belle.  You're very kind and I appreciate it.

I wouldn't call it being hard on myself but rather self aware, LOL!

God bless!

No one on this earth is perfect! I 100% judged some really scary-looking young adults on the airport train today, because they looked totally like antifa protesters, and that was after I had already prayed to God to help me love them like He does. It's hard being human sometimes!

Prayers for you today, Nathan. You are an inspiration to us all. May God use your story to reach someone. May He use your healing to demonstrate His love, if that's His will for you. Please, Lord, let it be so. We will continue to pray, because God loves our voices lifted in intercessory prayer.

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Prayers for you today, Nathan. You are an inspiration to us all. May God use your story to reach someone.

Amen!

Archived