AUsince72

gr82be

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

How are you doing @AUsince72?  Prayers for you this evening. May the peace of God overwhelm you.

Hi 3rd Gen.  I hope you're doing well too!

We just got the results from my scan and the trial meds don't work on me.  So that chapter is closed.

However, as I was getting ready to go today, and praying, it came over me to not just go into it "Good news" or "Bad news".  There is also a 3rd option.  Though the up front answer may not be what I'd want, as long as there's optimism behind it, there's always hope.  And knowing that, no matter what, The Lord is in control, there's always still REASON for optimism.

...and sure enough, the Dr said that due to my physical strength and more importantly my attitude, I should be able to go back on 2 of the 3 chemos they used previously (that DID work), just removing the one that destroyed my nerves.  Adding an antibodies treatment, I very well could have the same success we had previously.

So, that's my message.  If you have faith, everything doesn't have to be A or B.  Don't let option C get you down.  Pray about it....embrace it....it may just be The Lord is the one blessing you with that 3rd option.

I love you all.  God bless!

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

We just got the results from my scan and the trial meds don't work on me.  So that chapter is closed.

However, as I was getting ready to go today, and praying, it came over me to not just go into it "Good news" or "Bad news".  There is also a 3rd option.  Though the up front answer may not be what I'd want, as long as there's optimism behind it, there's always hope.  And knowing that, no matter what, The Lord is in control, there's always still REASON for optimism.

...and sure enough, the Dr said that due to my physical strength and more importantly my attitude, I should be able to go back on 2 of the 3 chemos they used previously (that DID work), just removing the one that destroyed my nerves.  Adding an antibodies treatment, I very well could have the same success we had previously.

So, that's my message.  If you have faith, everything doesn't have to be A or B.  Don't let option C get you down.  Pray about it....embrace it....it may just be The Lord is the one blessing you with that 3rd option.

You keep fighting and we will keep praying brother.

Nathan......you have another powerful weapon.....the support and prayers of your friends here. Whatever option you are using......we are with you. 

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nathan......you have another powerful weapon.....the support and prayers of your friends here. Whatever option you are using......we are with you. 

Thank you Belle.

You are right and y'alls prayers ARE powerful.  I'd be a negative, blubbering mess without them.  People who really know me know this and are often amazed at my response to this condition (in a good way).

God is so good!  I am blessed by Him!  I hope you all can come to fully understand and feel His power! 

That is MY prayer.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, AUsince72 said:

Brother, your journey has been full of peaks and valleys, but your faith and testimony has been inspirational. Thank you for that. 

We had a little, old refrigerator magnet that somehow made it through 6 Air Force assignments. I saw it every time I opened the fridge growing up. It had a simple saying on it, Man is not stopped by the mountain in front of him, but by the tiny pebble in his shoe. This latest is just another pebble in your shoe. You keep fighting up that mountain! When you're tired and discouraged, let us take our turn to help and, if need be, carry you for a while. 

If there is anything I can do, or we, as a community, can do for you or the family, just ask.  We got y'all!

BTW, that magnet still hangs on my parents fridge today. It's cracked and faded, but I still smile every time I see it.

That's the TRUTH right there Nathan. We all face options each day in our lives and I believe God waits for us to seek Him and His plan for us. Option 3 is really option 1 at this point. He just allowed the other 2 options to be eliminated so that there was no other option than to lean on Him. He's working on you and through you Nathan. Big things in store for you, I really believe that. You are having an effect on people right now that can change their life and their future. God is good, faithful and loving. Most of all He is all powerful. Take care buddy, He's got you. 

There is something of a relief to watch doors close to narrow to the best. Good, better, best. Believers who accept the incomparable price paid for our restoration by His loving, just terms and continue the imperfect path to personal death of self-will (and all that entails) are on their way to the ultimate best, but the journey for each human is fraught with the pebbles Bird mentioned. The atlas you keep sharing with us depicting varying routes when some are blocked for one reason or another is always uplifting and hope-giving. Love you, Nathan, you Auburn Man. I'm thinking you need an Aubie costume, too. Thank you for your update and example. Love and hugs to Sonya and the girls.

"Pressed but not crushed..."

2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

prayers going out for you my friend. May God provide a complete healing for you!

4 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

There is something of a relief to watch doors close to narrow to the best. Good, better, best. Believers who accept the incomparable price paid for our restoration by His loving, just terms and continue the imperfect path to personal death of self-will (and all that entails) are on their way to the ultimate best, but the journey for each human is fraught with the pebbles Bird mentioned. The atlas you keep sharing with us depicting varying routes when some are blocked for one reason or another is always uplifting and hope-giving. Love you, Nathan, you Auburn Man. I'm thinking you need an Aubie costume, too. Thank you for your update and example. Love and hugs to Sonya and the girls.

"Pressed but not crushed..."

2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

Thanks Tora, greatly appreciated. 

Funny, there's so much I don't share here (and it would require volumes due to all of the info directly or indirectly related to my condition) but again, there are blessings that would go unseen if not for some doors closing.  Mostly I try to share positivity & light when discussing my situation because it's usually how I feel, especially when talking about my battle with cancer.  Cancer don't scare me.  My God has that covered!

However, I feel a little more serious today and it's not necessarily about me.

One thing that has come up as a positive result of stopping the trial now, as opposed to 3 months from now, is our moving from FL.  I won't go into all of the reasons we NEED to move but the trial was going to keep us here until October and then we would still have to prepare to move (which is extra difficult in my condition) and we want to get out of here much sooner.  However, since we discovered the trial ain't working, we are now able to focus on getting ready to move and hope to be out of FL and amongst our family in TN before the fall.  Being around our family during times of trouble (especially if I DON'T have much longer on this earth) just gives me a better piece of mind.  I want....no I NEED.... to know I'm leaving this earth with my family taken care of.  Yes, it's been on my mind a bit lately, naturally.   I generally keep it to myself as I'm not worried about myself at all. .....not one bit.  But with everything going on today, the husband and father in me worries a great deal.  I pray continuously for strength to trust in Him but I am a frail human after all.  But again, I don't think I have more than a handful of years left (if that) and I want to feel my wife & girls are with family and in good hands after I'm gone.

I know some here think I'm crazy and that's okay, but prophecies of The Bible are coming to life before our eyes and as believers we want to be surrounded by more like-minded people.  ....and I'm not just talking about U.S. unrest either, but other world events that non-believers, unfortunately, don't even think twice about....or see it but don't believe it anyway due to the veil being pulled over their eyes.  I don't mean that to be insulting.  Actually I say it in all kindness as I truly love & care for each one of you.  Even those who who don't like or respect me.  That's one reason you see me writing more Christian related posts over the last few months (hey, IMO there ain't gonna be any football to discuss anyway....).  I really hope to reach people and bear fruit for Our Lord before it's too late. 

I'm sorry, I know this is a much heavier post than normal from me but I feel convicted to be more serious today.  And this isn't about politics but rather about faith.  I hope I'm wrong, but I sense serious things coming....and pretty soon.  Christians can take heart and find joy in that knowledge but I obviously feel concern for non-Christian friends & acquaintances who eventually might see the light when it's too late.  

Again, I realize I'm heavy handed today, but sometimes life ain't all sunshine & rainbows.  Just feeling a little serious today with all we have to plan and do.

God bless my friends!  I pray for you all!

35 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

prayers going out for you my friend. May God provide a complete healing for you!

Thanks Doc.  I see you have wonderful news on your front and I'm so thankful.  Praise The Lord!

Tee 'em up and hit 'em straight brother!

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Funny, there's so much I don't share here (and it would require volumes due to all of the info directly or indirectly related to my condition) but again, there are blessings that would go unseen if not for some doors closing.  Mostly I try to share positivity & light when discussing my situation because it's usually how I feel, especially when talking about my battle with cancer.  Cancer don't scare me.  My God has that covered!

One thing that has come up as a positive result of stopping the trial now, as opposed to 3 months from now, is our moving from FL.  I won't go into all of the reasons we NEED to move but the trial was going to keep us here until October and then we would still have to prepare to move (which is extra difficult in my condition) and we want to get out of here much sooner.  However, since we discovered the trial ain't working, we are now able to focus on getting ready to move and hope to be out of FL and amongst our family in TN before the fall.  Being around our family during times of trouble (especially if I DON'T have much longer on this earth) just gives me a better piece of mind.  I want....no I NEED.... to know I'm leaving this earth with my family taken care of.  Yes, it's been on my mind a bit lately, naturally.   I generally keep it to myself as I'm not worried about myself at all. .....not one bit.  But with everything going on today, the husband and father in me worries a great deal.  I pray continuously for strength to trust in Him but I am a frail human after all.  But again, I don't think I have more than a handful of years left (if that) and I want to feel my wife & girls are with family and in good hands after I'm gone.

I know some here think I'm crazy and that's okay, but prophecies of The Bible are coming to life before our eyes and as believers we want to be surrounded by more like-minded people.  ....and I'm not just talking about U.S. unrest either, but other world events that non-believers, unfortunately, don't even think twice about....or see it but don't believe it anyway due to the veil being pulled over their eyes.  I don't mean that to be insulting.  Actually I say it in all kindness as I truly love & care for each one of you.  Even those who who don't like or respect me.  That's one reason you see me writing more Christian related posts over the last few months (hey, IMO there ain't gonna be any football to discuss anyway....).  I really hope to reach people and bear fruit for Our Lord before it's too late. 

I'm sorry, I know this is a much heavier post than normal from me but I feel convicted to be more serious today.  And this isn't about politics but rather about faith.  I hope I'm wrong, but I sense serious things coming....and pretty soon.  Christians can take heart and find joy in that knowledge but I obviously feel concern for non-Christian friends & acquaintances who eventually might see the light when it's too late.  

Again, I realize I'm heavy handed today, but sometimes life ain't all sunshine & rainbows.  Just feeling a little serious today with all we have to plan and do.

You are definitely a blessing and inspiration to me. My oldest brother passed away two weeks ago from a sudden heart attack. Perfectly healthy until. My comfort is in KNOWING that he belonged to our Lord. I know where he is and we will be reunited one day. Keep shining your light brother. God has given you a platform. May God Bless and comfort you and your family. Here for you Buddy. 

5 minutes ago, WarTim said:

You are definitely a blessing and inspiration to me. My oldest brother passed away two weeks ago from a sudden heart attack. Perfectly healthy until. My comfort is in KNOWING that he belonged to our Lord. I know where he is and we will be reunited one day. Keep shining your light brother. God has given you a platform. May God Bless and comfort you and your family. Here for you Buddy. 

Tim, I'm sorry for your loss!  I'm glad to hear it's your brother's gain, however, and it does my heart good to know you see it that way.  May The Lord bring you and your family all the strength & comfort you need!  

.....And to take the time after your loss to comfort me?  I so appreciate your kindness! 

Thank you so much and I know our Lord sees that.  Amen brother!!!!

@AUsince72, no need to apologize for a heavy post if that's what you call it. You got a lot going through your mind but just continue to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Here's something to hopefully give you a laugh. I just had an Ole Miss fan make a snide remark about them not being as good at cheating as we are. God loves them too, but man...🙄

31 minutes ago, gr82be said:

@AUsince72, no need to apologize for a heavy post if that's what you call it. You got a lot going through your mind but just continue to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Here's something to hopefully give you a laugh. I just had an Ole Miss fan make a snide remark about them not being as good at cheating as we are. God loves them too, but man...🙄

LOL!

It's like when I used to play golf.... "if you ain't cheatin'.... you ain't tryin'!"

Thanks brother.  I appreciate you.

Nathan, my friend, I am trying to be an optimistic person here. Our God is BIG. His plan for you is the best! I want it to be here on earth with the rest of us, so I am continuing to pray that way, if you don't mind. ;) However, I know what you mean. Things have never been like this in our lifetime and the thing that gets me most is that you cannot trust anything you hear. God is leading us to the only source of truth, I guess. Not to get too deep into the religious talk, but the earth is rumbling. If in fact you go before me, I'll meet you on the other side. And if I go first, it will be nice to meet you at the pearly gates. :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

@AUsince72 You have been on a journey my friend. Prayers for you daily. 

Thank you Marine.  Yes, it is certainly a journey.  I'd never wish cancer on anyone, much less myself, but like I say...blessings abound.  Many I'd never would have known otherwise.  

43 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Nathan, my friend, I am trying to be an optimistic person here. Our God is BIG. His plan for you is the best! I want it to be here on earth with the rest of us, so I am continuing to pray that way, if you don't mind. ;) However, I know what you mean. Things have never been like this in our lifetime and the thing that gets me most is that you cannot trust anything you hear. God is leading us to the only source of truth, I guess. Not to get too deep into the religious talk, but the earth is rumbling. If in fact you go before me, I'll meet you on the other side. And if I go first, it will be nice to meet you at the pearly gates. :rolleyes:

I don't mean to seem like I've given up hope.  Neither for the world, nor myself.  Matter of fact, I'll be going back on most of the chemo that was successful previously so we're very optimistic.  Heck, I could go another 20-30 years as new treatments come down the pike.

I just see various news stories and even have personal experiences and such that...  You're right; Things have never been like this in our lifetime.  I just want to be here for my family.  And if not, I want to feel like they'll be okay.

I'm probably just a bit stressed. 😉

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I’m sure you know this one but it was put on my heart to share it now...

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, 
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase; 
To added affliction He addeth His mercy; 
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace. 

When we have exhausted our store of endurance, 
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, 
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, 
Our Father's full giving is only begun. 

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision, 
Our God ever yearns His resources to share; 
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing; 
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure. 
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men; 
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, 
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

Annie Johnson Flint

51 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

If in fact you go before me, I'll meet you on the other side. And if I go first, it will be nice to meet you at the pearly gates. :rolleyes:

LOVE THIS BTW!!!!!

God bless you 3rdGen!

5 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m sure you know this one but it was put on my heart to share it now...

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, 
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase; 
To added affliction He addeth His mercy; 
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace. 

When we have exhausted our store of endurance, 
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, 
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, 
Our Father's full giving is only begun. 

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision, 
Our God ever yearns His resources to share; 
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing; 
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure. 
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men; 
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, 
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

Annie Johnson Flint

Brother, I love this!  It truly means a lot.

I can tell you from experience, He ALWAYS comes through.  He never said we wouldn't have struggles.  Just know if we trust Him, He'll pull us through.

I don't know who the original quote is from, but I'm a big fan of Pastor David Jeremiah.  He once said something to the effect of:

A man is immortal as long as he's serving God's will.

I try to make that my goal every day.

Archived