AUsince72

gr82be

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't mean to seem like I've given up hope.  Neither for the world, nor myself.  Matter of fact, I'll be going back on most of the chemo that was successful previously so we're very optimistic.  Heck, I could go another 20-30 years as new treatments come down the pike.

I just see various news stories and even have personal experiences and such that...  You're right; Things have never been like this in our lifetime.  I just want to be here for my family.  And if not, I want to feel like they'll be okay.

I'm probably just a bit stressed. 😉

Now you're talking! Big virtual (((HUGS))) from Georgia!!! Good luck with your move. Reach out for help when you cannot do it on your own. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AUsince72, I saw this today and immediately thought of you and your family's upcoming move. Prayers continued for all of you. 

Screenshot_20200708-110141~2.png

On 7/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m sure you know this one but it was put on my heart to share it now...

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, 
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase; 
To added affliction He addeth His mercy; 
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace. 

When we have exhausted our store of endurance, 
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, 
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, 
Our Father's full giving is only begun. 

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision, 
Our God ever yearns His resources to share; 
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing; 
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure. 
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men; 
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, 
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

Annie Johnson Flint

If you have not heard Ravi Zacharias talk about this you should. It is REALLY good. I'll post the link if you want to listen to it.

30 minutes ago, Grumps said:

If you have not heard Ravi Zacharias talk about this you should. It is REALLY good. I'll post the link if you want to listen to it.

IIRC he was saved the same year I was born.  Just found that interesting...  His is a great story.

35 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Love Ravi.  Crushed me when he passed recently. One of his talks is where I first heard it. 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:41 AM, AUsince72 said:

@gr82be, thank you....you're WAY too kind!  No, I don't mind you spreading the word, I just wasn't going to start yet another thread.....about myself.  

With the brazen ridiculousness going back & forth in today's current political climate coupled with the covid stuff going on, I've just found the weak & sinful part of myself feeling ever harsher, disappointed, judgemental....  Because of this, I've failed myself and have just been trying to "lessen my online footprint" as I've heard it said.  And, perhaps my situation is thus because I'm not thinking & behaving as I should.

Anyway, I was slowly DM'ing those who have shown a particular interest, my updated news and asking for further prayer but since it's out, I'll go ahead and update all those who might be interested.  First of all, Thank You to those who have already replied to me personally and to this thread.  As always, y'all bring me to tears of humbleness & joy to know so many care.  Thank you!!!

That said, I have good news & bad news.  The bad news is that my cancer has returned.  Luckily, I have scans so often now that it's easy to catch things early but my lymph nodes in 3 separate areas of my body  show the return as well as some fancy blood numbers they use to determine cancerous activity.  Apparently my numbers are currently higher than they've ever been.  Okay...that's the bad news.

The GOOD news!  It just so happens that there is a trial drug being tested for cancers with certain mutations.  The Good Lord has seen fit for me to fit this mold!  I have the exact mutation this drug is primarily designed to fight (at least that's how I understand it).  So......I get to be a guinea pig, YAY ME!!!!  LOL!!!  I go tomorrow for the initial screening but then May 5th my trial (almost literaly) begins.

So, my message to those was to please, again, pray for me and hope God has HIS miracle in store for me.  However, as HIS plan is not always our plan, I ask y'all to please pray for the safety & security of my wife & 2 daughters in case of the worst.  If I'm to leave this world, that's fine with me, as there's a whole better (by a LONG shot) place awaiting me.  But my earthly self is more concerned with my family right now and seeing our nation (& world) heading in such a bad direction scares me for them.  Again, please pray extra for them as they are my life!

Note: even if this doesn't work, that's not the end.  I'll keep fighting & trying new things as long as I have breath....but we just don't often know the Lord's plan, so we must always be prepared.  Im praying this new drug is the miracle I need.  Thank you so much for your prayers too!!!

Once again, I'm way over the top wordy....I apologize.  But thank you for your time, love & support!

God bless you all, truly!!!

Nathan

Prayers sent, brother..

14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I know you were supposed to start chemo again this week @AUsince72. You feeling okay with it? Sending prayers on your behalf.

Hi 3rd Gen.  Thanks for checking on me.  

Yes, round 2 of chemo has begun.  Was supposed to be Mon but was delayed to Tues.

It's a tough one.  It's the chemo that I actually had them stop before because it made me feel so bad.  I'll try and power through with anti-nausea meds & carbs and, of course, prayer!

Thank you so much for the prayer!  Hopefully I'll feel good enough soon to share some light.  For now, I'm just trying to feel human.

God bless!

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, round 2 of chemo has begun.  Was supposed to be Mon but was delayed to Tues.

It's a tough one.  It's the chemo that I actually had them stop before because it made me feel so bad.  I'll try and power through with anti-nausea meds & carbs and, of course, prayer!

Thank you so much for the prayer!  Hopefully I'll feel good enough soon to share some light.  For now, I'm just trying to feel human.

God bless!

So, EXTRA prayer for you is in order!!!

Father, please allow Nathan to handle this chemo with NO nausea! You are a BIG God and we know that You can provide ALL his needs and cover ALL his worries. We trust in YOUR power, not Nathan's or any human's. You are faithful and we know you love your servant, Nathan. We ask this in the name of your blessed Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. AMEN!!!

28 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So, EXTRA prayer for you is in order!!!

Father, please allow Nathan to handle this chemo with NO nausea! You are a BIG God and we know that You can provide ALL his needs and cover ALL his worries. We trust in YOUR power, not Nathan's or any human's. You are faithful and we know you love your servant, Nathan. We ask this in the name of your blessed Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. AMEN!!!

Amen and God Bless. 

Keeping you in our Prayers.  You have got this.  Stay positive.  Try hypnosis for the nausea and pain.  My wife had great success with it during her treatments. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

God bless!

Good to see you on here today. We miss you. You are continually covered in prayer from many of your fellow Auburn Tigers. God is with you and He has you all the way. You've grown in this ordeal in ways that might not have happened without going through it. The prize is at the end of the rainbow and the storm is what we have to go through to see it and appreciate it all the more. 

#Faith like Noah.

Prayers coming your way 72.  No other way to be than positive.  We just have to trust in God...especially when it's the hardest thing to do.  Hoping you tolerate the bad chemo better this time around.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

God bless!

Praying for you buddy! You got this! 

@AUsince72: Continuing daily prayer for your comfort, peace, and understanding of God’s plan. If you didn’t already know, you have already touched more lives through these forums than I’ll probably ever have the privilege to touch in my lifetime. Now that is God working! And, War Eagle!

On 7/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, AUsince72 said:

God bless!

72 - Sending prayers for a better experience this time. We are all thinking about you and pulling for you through this round of chemo. Update only when you feel like it....we understand that your energy is needed for the fight. Stay strong my friend, and God Bless.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, fredst said:

@AUsince72: Continuing daily prayer for your comfort, peace, and understanding of God’s plan. If you didn’t already know, you have already touched more lives through these forums than I’ll probably ever have the privilege to touch in my lifetime. Now that is God working! And, War Eagle!

Nice post and very true. 

4 hours ago, gr82be said:
On 7/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, fredst said:

Nice post and very true. 

Thank you & y'all are way too kind.  I did feel at one time that I may have been meant to do a blog (or even write a book) but realize I have no material for such.  At least not in terms of compiling enough for something that continuous or involved.  Plus, in the end, I think those endeavours would be more about "me" and not enough about Him. 

So, I tap out my thoughts as they come to me here or on Facebook.  And, of course I look for openings to speak to a Dr, nurse or especially at patient when the opportunity lends itself.  I'm still better "typing" than "talking" though as I can always reassemble my jumbled thoughts before hitting post.  Can't take back whatever nonsense I speak...

I DO hope I've reached someone.  At least one person.  Not for my sake, but His.

Matthew 25:14-30

Thanks again, to all who care enough to look in and pray for my family & me!!

God bless!

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you & y'all are way too kind.  I did feel at one time that I may have been meant to do a blog (or even write a book) but realize I have no material for such.  At least not in terms of compiling enough for something that continuous or involved.  Plus, in the end, I think those endeavours would be more about "me" and not enough about Him. 

So, I tap out my thoughts as they come to me here or on Facebook.  And, of course I look for openings to speak to a Dr, nurse or especially at patient when the opportunity lends itself.  I'm still better "typing" than "talking" though as I can always reassemble my jumbled thoughts before hitting post.  Can't take back whatever nonsense I speak...

I DO hope I've reached someone.  At least one person.  Not for my sake, but His.

Matthew 25:14-30

Thanks again, to all who care enough to look in and pray for my family & me!!

God bless!

You're the man with 5 bags, I think. 😉

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You're the man with 5 bags, I think. 😉

Wow, you're way too kind.  If I can just cast at least one crown at our Lord's feet when I'm judged, I'll be in glory!!!

An update.  This will be meaningful to Christians but I hope others will understand as well.

After last Tuesday's treatment, I have elected to cancel the chemo portion.  Partly it's practical because it totally ruined me for 5 straight days.  This particular one (the same one I dropped previously) is just too much.  I slept 18 hrs a day, couldn't stay upright 30 mins, couldn't even concentrate enough to pray!!!  Anyway, the immunotherapy/antibodies treatment will have to suffice for now.  The Lord is leading me in a different direction.

However, more to the point.  Sunday, when I finally felt human again, the Lord spoke to me.  No, I don't hear a voice, but I have learned to hear Him through the Holy Spirit in my thoughts.  Listening with my heart, as they say.  I know many scoff, but He has never steered me wrong.  Never!

We are packing up as fast as we can (which is still slow, in my condition) and going to get our house ready to sell ASAP.  We will be moving to Knoxville by late October at the latest and the sooner the better.  The Lord has been closing doors and straightening our path and the things He's been blessing us with are the types of things some might call Signs. 

We MUST be with like-minded people (especially after early November) who can help us....especially my family if I'm absent... Even things like hunting & fishing, living off the land, etc.  I feel like warning anyone who will listen to consider the things going on in the world today.

I don't care your political beliefs.  This isn't about politics.  It's about survival and, ultimately, your salvation.

I know people usually want to hear me spread light and that is my preference but at this time, it's time to be concerned about world events.  Look things up concerning Israel, coin-shortages, "cashless" money only, companies "voluntarily" microchipping employees, Bill Gates and his West Africa vaccine/microchip initiatives, etc.  If you believe the Bible is the Word of God then you'll understand.  If you don't, then you'll call me the new Alex Jones give me thumbs downs & facepalms.  Doesn't matter to me what you think because I post this with love for you all in my heart.

I suppose many think I'm off my rocker.  Perhaps these are my final posts on AUF because frankly, there's more important things going on than superficial football & music & pictures.  I don't fear what's coming because as a Christian I embrace it.  But I fear it for those of you who scoff at Christ.

Mock me, believe me, hate me, love me, it doesn't matter.  I love you all the same.  I've had recent miracles occur to me (a couple on this site know), and I can tell you, brace yourselves. 

Stop fighting with each other.  Study real info and get away from mainstream media (Fox or CNN, whichever you hate/love more).  Find the enemy is not each other but we ALL have a common enemy.  He fools you with "peace, love, unity" until you're trapped.  There is a REAL source of those things and it ain't "the world".  Oh man, I wish you all blessings!

Truly, may God bless you all!

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

An update.  This will be meaningful to Christians but I hope others will understand as well.

After last Tuesday's treatment, I have elected to cancel the chemo portion.  Partly it's practical because it totally ruined me for 5 straight days.  This particular one (the same one I dropped previously) is just too much.  I slept 18 hrs a day, couldn't stay upright 30 mins, couldn't even concentrate enough to pray!!!  Anyway, the immunotherapy/antibodies treatment will have to suffice for now.  The Lord is leading me in a different direction.

However, more to the point.  Sunday, when I finally felt human again, the Lord spoke to me.  No, I don't hear a voice, but I have learned to hear Him through the Holy Spirit in my thoughts.  Listening with my heart, as they say.  I know many scoff, but He has never steered me wrong.  Never!

We are packing up as fast as we can (which is still slow, in my condition) and going to get our house ready to sell ASAP.  We will be moving to Knoxville by late October at the latest and the sooner the better.  The Lord has been closing doors and straightening our path and the things He's been blessing us with are the types of things some might call Signs. 

We MUST be with like-minded people (especially after early November) who can help us....especially my family if I'm absent... Even things like hunting & fishing, living off the land, etc.  I feel like warning anyone who will listen to consider the things going on in the world today.

I don't care your political beliefs.  This isn't about politics.  It's about survival and, ultimately, your salvation.

I know people usually want to hear me spread light and that is my preference but at this time, it's time to be concerned about world events.  Look things up concerning Israel, coin-shortages, "plastic" money only, companies "voluntarily" microchipping employees, Bill Gates and his West Africa vaccine/microchip initiatives, etc.  If you believe the Bible is the Word of God then you'll understand.  If you don't, then you'll call me the new Alex Jones give me thumbs downs & facepalms.  Doesn't matter to me what you think because I post this with love for you all in my heart.

I suppose many think I'm off my rocker.  Perhaps these are my final posts on AUF because frankly, there's more important things going on than superficial football & music & pictures.  I don't fear what's coming because as a Christian I embrace it.  But I fear it for those of you who scoff at Christ.

Mock me, believe me, hate me, love me, it doesn't matter.  I love you all the same.  I've had recent miracles occur to me (a couple on this site know), and I can tell you, brace yourselves. 

Stop fighting with each other.  Study real info and get away from mainstream media (Fox or CNN, whichever you hate/love more).  Find the enemy is not each other but we ALL have a common enemy.  He fools you with "peace, love, unity" until you're trapped.  There is a REAL source of those things and it ain't "the world".  Oh man, I wish you all blessings!

Truly, may God bless you all!

In so many ways I wish you and your family the best and I know that you've known the source of that for some time now. Side story, a little over one month ago my wife and I were looking at an addition to our home. We kept getting frustrated with the contractor we were dealing with because he couldn't even keep deadlines he set for himself. Knowing that God will frustrate you in your plans when they are not His plans, we prayed and thought about things. About 4 weeks ago my wife's dream house was for sale, two blocks away from where we live now. We looked at it on a Saturday, made an offer on the following Tuesday. It was accepted on that Friday. We listed our house on that same day and it was sold to a cash buyer the following week. God is good all of the time. He knows what you want but mostly He knows what He wants for you. Have no worries about your house selling. If it's God's plan, and I'm sure it is, for you to move closer to your family, then just pack and pray. God will do the rest. My wish is like yours, that everyone could know what He does when we are faithful and true to Him. 

Love you buddy. Let me know if I can do anything to help and I will. 

Nathan, I am praying for you and your family with all sincerity and fervor. I am hoping that we continue to hear from you. I want to know how you are doing. My family has stopped watching the news. I am not going to be pulled into division and hate. I see signs of worse things coming, but it is time for those of us who are believers to unite. I am happy that you will be with family soon. Know you are loved and cared for and will always be part of our Family. Football and music are a means for us to connect with each other and find common ground. You've always been someone that I have connected with, because you have always stated your opinion with honesty, humor and humility. Your character (a reflection of your belief) shows through. I would hate not to have you post anymore, but I understand you have larger things you are thinking about. May God cover you with His healing hands and give you peace and comfort. Much love from this Auburn fan. 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Nathan, I am praying for you and your family with all sincerity and fervor. I am hoping that we continue to hear from you. I want to know how you are doing. My family has stopped watching the news. I am not going to be pulled into division and hate. I see signs of worse things coming, but it is time for those of us who are believers to unite. I am happy that you will be with family soon. Know you are loved and cared for and will always be part of our Family. Football and music are a means for us to connect with each other and find common ground. You've always been someone that I have connected with, because you have always stated your opinion with honesty, humor and humility. Your character (a reflection of your belief) shows through. I would hate not to have you post anymore, but I understand you have larger things you are thinking about. May God cover you with His healing hands and give you peace and comfort. Much love from this Auburn fan. 

Thanks as always!  You are sincerely one of the sweetest people I've ever come across.  Always with a kind word and even with constructive criticism, you emphasise the "constructive".  God bless you!

I must admit, it's more difficult for me lately to find my normal sense of humor.  Part is how the chemo has made me feel.  But, longer than that, I've been baffled at the thought processes of normally super "together" people and coupled with seeing news (world & local) that is conveniently ignored by the media (some things verified by my own personal experiences) and I've been in a much more serious state of mind.  

I don't mean it to be negative but rather more "tough love" vs light & rainbows.  I think we, as humans, need both.  Yes, I have larger things going on in my life personally but I feel a responsibility to my Lord & Savior to sew seeds, use my talents (as you referenced the other day), and bear fruit. 

The worst that can happen is I look nuts and alienate some who probably would never listen anyway.....that pales in comparison to the BEST that can happen.  ....y'know? 

I don't plan to quit posting, necessarily.  I just don't see much "entertaining" to read and have little "entertaining" to offer at this time.  I'll be happy to update my friends as things go on in my life though.  Matter of fact, for those who use Facebook, feel free to send me a request.  My wife & my Mom often update my situation and I love to post Christian nuggets as the Lord lays them on my heart.  I don't post there often, but would love to hear from y'all.  It's just under Nathan Lawless in Florida and you'll see a picture of my ladies next to one of Columbus' ships....pretty cool day that was.

Much love back 'atcha!!!

Archived