AUsince72

gr82be

Praying for you and your family, Nathan.  My brother-in-law passed last night of cancer after a prolonged fight.  He was a Christian and said he was looking forward to the next phase of his existence and meeting his maker.  He had the best attitude of anyone I personally know, you would be the second only because we have never meet.  God bless and it is a blessing to know how you will be spending eternity.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks as always!  You are sincerely one of the sweetest people I've ever come across.  Always with a kind word and even with constructive criticism, you emphasise the "constructive".  God bless you!

I must admit, it's more difficult for me lately to find my normal sense of humor.  Part is how the chemo has made me feel.  But, longer than that, I've been baffled at the thought processes of normally super "together" people and coupled with seeing news (world & local) that is conveniently ignored by the media (some things verified by my own personal experiences) and I've been in a much more serious state of mind.  

I don't mean it to be negative but rather more "tough love" vs light & rainbows.  I think we, as humans, need both.  Yes, I have larger things going on in my life personally but I feel a responsibility to my Lord & Savior to sew seeds, use my talents (as you referenced the other day), and bear fruit. 

The worst that can happen is I look nuts and alienate some who probably would never listen anyway.....that pales in comparison to the BEST that can happen.  ....y'know? 

I don't plan to quit posting, necessarily.  I just don't see much "entertaining" to read and have little "entertaining" to offer at this time.  I'll be happy to update my friends as things go on in my life though.  Matter of fact, for those who use Facebook, feel free to send me a request.  My wife & my Mom often update my situation and I love to post Christian nuggets as the Lord lays them on my heart.  I don't post there often, but would love to hear from y'all.  It's just under Nathan Lawless in Florida and you'll see a picture of my ladies next to one of Columbus' ships....pretty cool day that was.

Much love back 'atcha!!!

I wish this kind of attitude could be found  in the Political Forums where some people are full of hate and often plain nasty to each other and anyone who don't agree with them. My prayers for you continue my Auburn brother. AU '59.

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I wish this kind of attitude could be found  in the Political Forums where some people are often plain nasty to each other and anyone who don't agree with them. My prayers for you continue my Auburn brother.

I did try that forum a few weeks ago and it crashed and burned.  I used honest to goodness history to demonstrate a point and people there ignore history when it doesn't suit their purposes.  Too much of a cesspool of people trying to out crap each other and I, unfortunately, felt I eventually sunk to their level too much.  Frankly, I needed a shower after.... I'll just leave it there so I don't start sinking again.

Proud Tiger, my brother, I thank you for the kind words though and, especially the prayers!

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I wish this kind of attitude could be found  in the Political Forums where some people are full of hate and often plain nasty to each other and anyone who don't agree with them. My prayers for you continue my Auburn brother. AU '59.

PT, the conduct on the political forum by too many folks is disgraceful and is a sad reflection on AUFF. That forum should be shut down. 

16 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

PT, the conduct on the political forum by too many folks is disgraceful and is a sad reflection on AUFF. That forum should be shut down. 

I trust you know the guy you are responding to was banned for a time. And not even for when he called another poster a racial slur, or when he lamented that someone with whom he disagreed hadn't been killed by the Vietcong in a dark tunnel. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I trust you know the guy you are responding to was banned for a time. And not even for when he called another poster a racial slur, or when he lamented that someone with whom he disagreed hadn't been killed by the Vietcong in a dark tunnel. 

You are one of the nasty people full of hate I was thinking of. I could say lots more but I will keep it civil and not stoop to your level which you fully exhibit here as well as in the Political Forums. Looks like a few others agree about the Political Forums.

AU since72.......sorry this had to get into your thread which is about something far more important.

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are one of the nasty people full of hate I was thinking of. I could say lots more but I will keep it civil and not stoop to your level which you fully exhibit here as well as in the Political Forums. 

AU since72.......sorry this had to get into your thread which is about something far more important.

Not to worry my brother.

McLoofus will forever be a beloved brother to me even though the chasm has only deepened between us.  Yes, he is one of the primary posters I'm most saddened over.

I hope that one day he'll truly feel how much I pray for him.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Praying for you and your family, Nathan.  My brother-in-law passed last night of cancer after a prolonged fight.  He was a Christian and said he was looking forward to the next phase of his existence and meeting his maker.  He had the best attitude of anyone I personally know, you would be the second only because we have never meet.  God bless and it is a blessing to know how you will be spending eternity.

I am so sorry for your loss, brother.  It is awesome, though, to hear that he was excited about his eternity!

As one who certainly spends my fair share of studying The Word and gaining strength I look forward to meeting all of you in Heaven even if we can't meet here.

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of Dr. David Jeremiah.  He's a wonderful Biblical TEACHER as opposed to just preacher.  I just received his book "Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven" and even though I'm only 2 chapters in, I highly recommend it.  People, even Christians, really don't give enough thought to what Heaven will actually be like.  Just robes, harps & hymns, LOL!  Well, backed up by Bible verses he gives a truly amazing vision of what the Lord has actually revealed and MAN O MAN, I CAN'T WAIT!

I've still got business to attend to here on earth first, making sure my family is taken care of, but it's so beautiful to know death isn't anything to fear!

God bless, brother!

BTW!

I would like to thank the Admins & Mods for permitting this thread to continue in the most trafficked of forums even though it has nothing to do with football and is simply giving me a platform, at this point, to witness.

I understand if it eventually gets shut down, especially if it bothers anyone, but I thank you.

God bless the AUFamily!

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I am so sorry for your loss, brother.  It is awesome, though, to hear that he was excited about his eternity!

As one who certainly spends my fair share of studying The Word and gaining strength I look forward to meeting all of you in Heaven even if we can't meet here.

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of Dr. David Jeremiah.  He's a wonderful Biblical TEACHER as opposed to just preacher.  I just received his book "Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven" and even though I'm only 2 chapters in, I highly recommend it.  People, even Christians, really don't give enough thought to what Heaven will actually be like.  Just robes, harps & hymns, LOL!  Well, backed up by Bible verses he gives a truly amazing vision of what the Lord has actually revealed and MAN O MAN, I CAN'T WAIT!

I've still got business to attend to here on earth first, making sure my family is taken care of, but it's so beautiful to know death isn't anything to fear!

God bless, brother!

Image may contain: text that says 'Το recharge your spiritual battery, plug into the Source.'

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I specifically commented on the political forum, not any individual poster.  I will leave that up to others.  I have no desire to wade into sewage. 

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I did try that forum a few weeks ago and it crashed and burned.  I used honest to goodness history to demonstrate a point and people there ignore history when it doesn't suit their purposes.  Too much of a cesspool of people trying to out crap each other and I, unfortunately, felt I eventually sunk to their level too much.  Frankly, I needed a shower after.... I'll just leave it there so I don't start sinking again.

Proud Tiger, my brother, I thank you for the kind words though and, especially the prayers!

There are always going to be people on one side of the fence or the other. Then you have people who act as the fence. There may be barbs but you can see right through it. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

There are always going to be people on one side of the fence or the other. Then you have people who act as the fence. There may be barbs but you can see right through it. 

Yeah, as we agreed before, there is a veil pulled over the country right now that is really changing & polarizing people.  I freely admit that I've changed immensely and am firm in my convictions.

However, my change is coming about from prayer, Bible study, and standing firm due to my faith based on Biblical scripture & prophecy coming true right before our eyes.  Some people see that, some people mock it & some just don't care.  Others even hate it because they fear it.... but alas, that sad fact is Biblical as well....

I am hoping to find a lost sheep here or there but if one doesn't want to be found, they just won't.  Instead, they'll just continue to lash out with barbs or even personal attacks.  That concerns me even more....but for them, not me.  Makes me fear something more is happening within them when they're absolutely NOTHING like they used to be.  I pray through tears sometimes for them to find the light.

Anyway, I'm rambling now.  I appreciate all of the support I receive here.  I pray it rubs off on someone else who could use it as well.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, as we agreed before, there is a veil pulled over the country right now that is really changing & polarizing people.  I freely admit that I've changed immensely and am firm in my convictions.

However, my change is coming about from prayer, Bible study, and standing firm due to my faith based on Biblical scripture & prophecy coming true right before our eyes.  Some people see that, some people mock it & some just don't care.  Others even hate it because they fear it.... but alas, that sad fact is Biblical as well....

I am hoping to find a lost sheep here or there but if one doesn't want to be found, they just won't.  Instead, they'll just continue to lash out with barbs or even personal attacks.  That concerns me even more....but for them, not me.  Makes me fear something more is happening within them when they're absolutely NOTHING like they used to be.  I pray through tears sometimes for them to find the light.

Anyway, I'm rambling now.  I appreciate all of the support I receive here.  I pray it rubs off on someone else who could use it as well.

You are so right. It's a shame to see people so full of hate and without any faith. Wish I could sit with you and hear how you have changed. It's just sad some people see things differently than someone else but can't tolerate it. it's kind of like this picture. Some people see a bird right away and others a goat when actually most people will see both.

Image may contain: text that says 'Do you see the goat looking at you or the bird looking away?'

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are so right. It's a shame to see people so full of hate and without any faith. Wish I could sit with you and hear how you have changed. It's just sad some people see things differently than someone else but can't tolerate it. it's kind of like this picture. Some people see a bird right away and others a goat when actually most people will see both.

Image may contain: text that says 'Do you see the goat looking at you or the bird looking away?'

Actually, I saw a bird & a bunny.

What does that say about me? LOLOLOLOL!!!

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Wish I could sit with you and hear how you have changed.

If you don't mind a "novel", as I often do, I'll be happy to share the most amazing story in a PM.  I'd happily post it publicly if anyone wants.  I actually am considering posting it on Facebook anyway.  I've been saved since my late 20's but something happened in the week between Mother's Day and the following Sunday that was a true miracle.  Thus the change in me some have noticed.  I went from a luke-warm Christian to ON FIRE for the Lord since.

22 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

17 hours ago, gr82be said:

15 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are so right. It's a shame to see people so full of hate and without any faith. Wish I could sit with you and hear how you have changed. It's just sad some people see things differently than someone else but can't tolerate it. 

Funny, after yesterday's conversation, I came upon this passage while reading the book Romans this morning.  From the Apostle Paul:

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
Romans 12:14‭-‬16 NKJV

For those who don't know, the Apostle Paul was formerly known as Saul of Tarsis.  He was a Jewish zealot of the law who originally persecuted, arrested & even stood by, condoning, the stoning death of one of Jesus' original disciples.  Yet, upon conversion, he became one of Christ's most loyal & fervent ministers.

Just struck me as particularly "on point" this a.m.

God bless!

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

If you don't mind a "novel", as I often do, I'll be happy to share the most amazing story in a PM.  I'd happily post it publicly if anyone wants.  I actually am considering posting it on Facebook anyway.  I've been saved since my late 20's but something happened in the week between Mother's Day and the following Sunday that was a true miracle.  Thus the change in me some have noticed.  I went from a luke-warm Christian to ON FIRE for the Lord since.

I would love to see your story and I'm sure others would too. Please post it!!

On 7/21/2020 at 11:20 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I am so sorry for your loss!  Wonderful "post-pective."  :wareagle:

On 7/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, gr82be said:

Truth.  We are living in times where this sense is even sharper.  Hence the sharper barbs.  

21 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Actually, I saw a bird & a bunny.

What does that say about me? LOLOLOLOL!!!

"CREATIVELY GIFTED"...just finished my PPT presentation, and yep...they/we...just yep. :jump:

22 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would love to see your story and I'm sure others would too. Please post it!!

I'm working on an abridged version.

I'll be happy to post when done.

Again, thank you for your support!

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm working on an abridged version.

I'll be happy to post when done.

Again, thank you for your support!

Look forward to reading and continue to keep you in our prayers. 2020 has not been my best year: lost my father after a long fight (which was tougher than I thought it would be), was threatened with loss of vision in one of my eyes(turned out well and my vision is now fine but a scary time for a guy that operates on people for a living), immediately followed by a pandemic. And yet, I am blessed beyond measure and humbled by your faith in the face of adversity far greater than mine ( mine is just life and it looks like I’m a wus, lol). God bless and War Eagle!

58 minutes ago, fredst said:

Look forward to reading and continue to keep you in our prayers. 2020 has not been my best year: lost my father after a long fight (which was tougher than I thought it would be), was threatened with loss of vision in one of my eyes(turned out well and my vision is now fine but a scary time for a guy that operates on people for a living), immediately followed by a pandemic. And yet, I am blessed beyond measure and humbled by your faith in the face of adversity far greater than mine ( mine is just life and it looks like I’m a wus, lol). God bless and War Eagle!

fredst, I am so sorry for your loss and for your eyesight's anxious moments. Never ready nor easy to lose a parent. 2021 will be better. (AUGUST 2020 will be better, by faith...my birthday is the 20th, so it betta. 8/20, 8:20 AM, 1966.) Covid19 has made its mark, but we're all learning and growing so much as priorities are shifted...and sifted. Love and prayers! 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

So sorry for the loss of your father. Lost mine two years ago followed by my mother this past April. I say this only to say that they both live on in my heart. I miss them but I'm so thrilled knowing where they are. Glad your eye scare was just that and nothing more. I consider it a blessing myself to be able to come here and read posts like yours, @AUsince72 and @ToraGirl and others. It's inspiring to see true faith and love for the Lord with everything going on today. May God continue to bless you and comfort you in your loss. 

Archived