Marcello Has Left Auburn Undercover!

ellitor

Hmmm.   I wonder if they will call me and ask me to take that assignment. 

I will clear my calendar and prepare for the call.

Nah....I love Auburn too much.   Actually I am not 'homer' although I describe myself as one.

- I am not on the Gus bus, although I know few coaches could do better.  I just see incredible unrealized potential.  Case in point look at the players drafted these past two years and those that get opportunity via undrafted free agents.

- I am not watching the Flo Show.  Sad sad sad how our ladies program has been driven into the ditch since watching Joe Ciampi win the NIT in Baylor a while back, and all those great teams he recruited and coached. 

- I am on the bring 'David Marsh back' bandwagon.

- I do believe we benefit greatly from a new football facility, like NOW.

- Auburn needs progressive helmets on a limited basis, but the same legendary uniforms.

- I am glad Coach Pearl has unlimited Jim and Nicks in his contract, so he doesn't have to host any BBQs .   Just kidding, just kidding.

Actually, Allen Greene needs to call me, not 247 Sports.    Haha

20 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

"This will always be a home."

Did he mean, "This will always be home"?

I don't think so.   He chooses his words pretty carefully.

247sports.com

Brandon Marcello joins 247Sports national coverage team

ByKevin Ryan

this is kind of old news but i never saw it discussed........

BRENTWOOD, Tenn. - 247Sports is proud to announce that Brandon Marcello is joining its expanding roster of national writers and reporters.

Marcello was already a part of the 247Sports family, as he helped run the day-to-day operations at AuburnUndercover - the network's site dedicated to Auburn University. In his new role as a national college football reporter, Marcello will travel the country covering the biggest stories, writing in-depth features and, most importantly, breaking news in the college sports and recruiting space.

"Brandon is an award-winning journalist who is adept at developing articles and investigating issues with tenacity and unwavering dedication," 247Sports Founder and CEO Shannon Terry said. "He has worked for us for years, and we witnessed his talent firsthand in the Auburn market. He has the unique ability to break news and tell eloquent stories. He is the perfect addition to our expanding national college sports and recruiting team."

Marcello is an award-winning journalist who has been recognized for his writing and reporting in both the print and online space. Prior to joining 247Sports, he had previous stops at SEC Country, the Alabama Media Group, The Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger, and held other leadership positions in the Arkansas media market.

In 2018, he was named the National Beat Writer of the Year by the Associated Press Sports Editors (APSE), and in 2014 he was recognized as the Sportswriter of the Year in the state of Alabama. In addition to another handful of state-wide awards, Marcello has appeared as an analyst on ESPN, SEC Network, CBS Sports Network and other national outlets.

Not just a talented writer, Marcello will also appear on videos and podcasts for 247Sports in his new role. He produced and hosted an award-winning longform video series with high-profile coaches and personalities titled "Driving Plains" that was a huge hit with the Auburn fan base.

2COMMENTS

"This is a dream job for a dream company," Marcello said.  "Never have I worked with a roster of experts as deep and passionate as we have here at 247Sports, and it's humbling to be in their presence. My goal is simple: shed light on the biggest trends and newsmakers in college football while also providing breaking news coverage for our readers on a national scale. What do fans want to read? What do they deserve to know? That's the question I want to answer every day — and it's what has driven me during my career. I'm ecstatic to move into this role, and look forward to shifting my eyes across the national landscape — from Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn and beyond."

ABOUT 247Sports: 247Sports is the industry leader in recruiting content, with a network of team sites devoted to college sports. Founded in 2010, 247Sports delivers free and premium content and online communities for the most dedicated and engaged college sports fans. 247Sports is part of CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings. For more information about 247Sports, visit 247sports.com.

">247Sports

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, TieGrrrr said:

Can't hate on someone taking a bigger job...

The hate, well not even that, more like distain, was because of his attitude towards Auburn while he was at Auburn undercover and then before at al.com.

did he not come on the fam and fuss about someone posting an article or was that another site? i am am pretty sure i read some comments he made and he was a tool.............

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did he not come on the fam and fuss about someone posting an article or was that another site? i am am pretty sure i read some comments he made and he was a tool.............

He didn’t come on here. He fussed on Twitter.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He didn’t come on here. He fussed on Twitter.

was that posted? i believe he went on the rant fussing about his stuff tho. my memory is bad but i know i saw it and i do not do twitter............

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

was that posted? i believe he went on the rant fussing about his stuff tho. my memory is bad but i know i saw it and i do not do twitter............

Yes someone posted it.

Archived