2021 3* OG Garner Langlo Commits to AU!

ellitor

24 offers including AU, GT, Baylor, UK, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Pitt, Utah, & WVU
Teammates with target OT Caleb Johnson
Keith Crystal balled him to AU today.
247 reporter Wiltfog says he's up to 290 lbs now

Saw this earlier! Like that we’re going after guys with the length to be legit OTs and not just loading up on guards.

Saw where Tenn is still pushing hard on Gooch too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He really does remind me of Braden Smith.

image.jpeg

He may look a little like Braden but nobody is as strong as Braden Smith.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, autan said:

Are we higher on 3* Langlo than 4* teammate CJohnson? 

There hasn’t been any reports on that. Both are probably takes though as both can play guard or tackle.

• Like 1

Kid looks good with a mean streak. Man, I’d love to see our OL line recruiting taken up a notch. Maybe Bicknell will do it

On 5/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, gulftiger66 said:

Come on, Golf can beat Braden on 12 ounce curls. PBR forever!

• Like 2

how many OTs are we planning to take in this class?  We need as many as we can get.  Tennessee  is starting to get on my nerves with all of the 5 star recs they are getting. We should never be outdone by them period.

17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

how many OTs are we planning to take in this class? 

@doc4aday don't know. Hasn't been reported yet.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@doc4aday don't know. Hasn't been reported yet.

Hey Ellitor.....how many do you think we need to possibly take?  Thanks & WDE!

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor.....how many do you think we need to possibly take?  Thanks & WDE!

Depends how the current guys develop. I can’t really put a number on it right now especially with guys not being able to practice and whether having the season at all is in doubt.

• Thanks 1

Florida OT talks Auburn offer

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Auburn offered Garner Langlo in April, and the offensive tackle from Trinity Catholic (Ocala, Fla.) was prepared for the call.

Unintentionally, but prepared.

“Coach Gus (Malzahn) called and offered me on FaceTime,” Langlo said. “I was wearing my Auburn shirt when he called, so it worked out pretty well.”

ize8c3sjtl4uc148cylr

The offer wasn’t a shock to Langlo. He’d been in contact regularly with offensive line coach Jack Bicknell.

“Coach Bicknell does a great job of reaching out to me and staying in contact with me,” Langlo said. “The whole Auburn staff does, including the strength coach.”

Langlo has developed a good relationship with Bicknell, who is in his first year at Auburn.

“Coach Bicknell definitely knows what he’s doing,” Langlo said. “He doesn’t sugarcoat anything and is going to tell you how it is. He’s been around and will be able to help me get to the next level.”

Langlo first met Bicknell during a visit to Auburn, which he took early in the spring before the dead period.

“It was amazing,” Langlo said. “The facilities were nice and they are redoing everything. I like it at Auburn. They produce (NFL) players all the time. I feel like Coach Bicknell is there to stay. I like the culture, the fanbase, War Eagle … everything.”

Auburn was one of many offers Langlo earned in the past few weeks. Among the others were Ole Miss, UConn and Mississippi State. Langlo also has offers from Baylor, Louisville, Kentucky, Kansas and Pitt.

He does not list any favorites.

“I really don’t have any idea where I’m going,” Langlo said. “All the schools are doing great jobs in recruiting me.”

Langlo hopes to have a decision made before the start of his senior season.

“I’ll probably play my senior year committed,” he said. “But if I can’t get to campuses for visits, I’ll probably wait.”

Rivals ranks Langlo, who is 6-feet-7 and 280 pounds, the No. 59 offensive tackle in the 2020 class and No. 90 overall player in Florida.

Bicknell doing good work.  Auburn needs 2 solid classes to get back where they need to be on the Oline and this kid will definitely help.  Can you imagine how good the Auburn offense could be with a solid Oline to open holes for all these 4 and 5 Star RBs?

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bicknell doing good work.  Auburn needs 2 solid classes to get back where they need to be on the Oline and this kid will definitely help.  Can you imagine how good the Auburn offense could be with a solid Oline to open holes for all these 4 and 5 Star RBs?

We've gotten very good at imagining that. :Sing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This young man looks the part of a dynamic OT size wise and biceps in his pics. I hope we are on an uptick with getting some quality OTs overall. It seems like we have some good OGs in the bullpen ready to go. I hope we can get some really good quality OTs no doubt.

He definitely passes the eyeball test. 6'7" well developed arms so he has spent some time in the weight room, moves well when be pulls,  when he gets on a defender he keeps driving till he pancakes the player or keeps driving him till the whistle blows. As with any O-linemen this big he is so much bigger than most of the opposing players that he dominates.  The few times I saw him on a person close to his size he did very well. I think this young man would be a great addition at a position of need. 

• Like 2

If we land him and his team mate, we should be on the way to developing a decent corps of tackles with what we have on hand.  We have some big bodies already on the team and adding these guys will help to go a long way.  If we are going to compete in the SEC West, we have got to have some quality tackles leading the way.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:14 PM, gulftiger66 said:

Reminds me of Sid Vicious without the steroids.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Reminds me of Sid Vicious without the steroids.

Too bad this move isn't allowed in football...

Sid Vicious Wrestling GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1