2021 3* OG Garner Langlo Commits to AU!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Too bad this move isn't allowed in football...

Sid Vicious Wrestling GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

unnamed.gif

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

unnamed.gif

Touche. It's been deleted now but I prefer the video version with Jim Ross calling the chokeslam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Too bad this move isn't allowed in football...

Sid Vicious Wrestling GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

True story: Sid spit right in the middle of my cousin's chest at a match in Birmingham way back in the late 80's.

Edited by ArgoEagle

27 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

True story: Sid spit right in the middle of my cousin's chest at a match in Birmingham way back in the late 80's.

As Sid or his time as Lord Humongous?...

10 Masked Wrestling Gimmicks That Changed Ownership – Page 5

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

As Sid or his time as Lord Humongous?...

10 Masked Wrestling Gimmicks That Changed Ownership – Page 5

Shortly after he unmasked. He was partners with Mean Mark, who later became the Undertaker.

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

He was partners with Mean Mark, who later became the Undertaker.

The original Skyscrapers.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was going to go with, "Unless you're an LSU OL playing on October 26th, 2019."

My first thought was a Bama OL in most years and especially that year they went nearly the whole season without a holding penalty.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

The original Skyscrapers.

The original Skyscrapers were Sid Vicious and Danny Spivey. 

Vicious got injured, Mean Mark Callous was brought in by Teddy Long to team with Spivey.

Edited by Paladin

51 minutes ago, Paladin said:

The original Skyscrapers were Sid Vicious and Danny Spivey. 

I saw that on wiki. I don't remember Spivey teaming with Sid, just Mark. Regardless Sid & Mark was the best combo easily & I know they teamed together even though it was a very short time.

• 2 weeks later...

JLee says he's hearing buss Caleb Johnson could commit soon. He says if he does look out for his teammate Garner Langlo to follow suit shortly thereafter.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JLee says he's hearing buss Caleb Johnson could commit soon. He says if he does look out for his teammate Garner Langlo to follow suit shortly thereafter.

Would it be insane to say this has potential to be the most important recruiting moment at AU since Derrick Brown committed? Two solid-to-better-than-solid high school OTs at once? 

This is not my beautiful house. This is not my beautiful OL recruiting!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would it be insane to say this has potential to be the most important recruiting moment at AU since Derrick Brown committed? Two solid-to-better-than-solid high school OTs at once? 

If they develop & eventually lead us to a playoff berth I would go as far back as Nick Marshall.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is not my beautiful house. This is not my beautiful OL recruiting!

I see what you done there....your nothing but a Talking Head

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

If they develop & eventually lead us to a playoff berth I would go as far back as Nick Marshall.

Inject it into my veins 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Damn you beat me

Boom!

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* OT Garner Langlo Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

War Damn Eagle!!!

Welcome to the family!!

Love this guy.

Dang, who needs Big Cat Weekend. What a day!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Dang, who needs Big Cat Weekend. What a day!!!!

I bet we still have one in July or August.

• Like 1

Boom boom booming boom 💥 

OT Garner Langlo keeps Auburn rolling, commits to Tigers

by Steve Wiltfong

97 minutes ago

The moment Auburn offered Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic offensive tackle Garner Langlo on April 16, they became the program to beat. Now they’re they only program standing.

The 6-foot-7, 270-pound Langlo committed to Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn on Thursday night and went public with his plans Friday afternoon.

“The coaching staff, the atmosphere, being War Eagle,” Langlo said of what sealed the deal.

Commit No. 7 for Malzahn and his coaching staff in this 2021 recruiting cycle, Langlo joins his high school teammate and fellow offensive lineman Caleb Johnson who also announced his college plans Friday.

Langlo is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 58 offensive tackle. Other offers included Baylor, Georgia Tech, Duke, Florida State, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, N.C. State, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, UCF, USF, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia among others.

When Langlo got the offer he wanted to take his time with it before deciding. After doing some due diligence he’s in the fold.

“I was working on it for a long time,” Langlo said. “I’m glad he gave me this opportunity to show the kind of player I am. I really do think this is where I want to be, this is home for me and I’m ready to bring it home.”

Offensive line coach Jack Bicknell was the lead recruiter for Langlo.

“My relationship with Coach Bicknell, always on the phone talking,” he said. “I feel he can bring out the best football player and person I can be. I love that the dorms, the facility, the cafeteria are all right there. When I was down on the junior day I saw everything I needed to see and I’m happy with the decision.”

Langlo plans to enroll early at a program that accommodates his off-field interests too.

“My hunting camp is right there, family supporting me and this is where I want to be.”

Langlo is the third commit of the day for Auburn as he and Johnson followed Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh Senior athlete Tar'varish Dawson into the fold. Other members of the class include Eight Mile (Ala.) Blount Top247 defensive tackle Lee Hunter, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville running back Armoni Goodwin, Deerfield Beach (Fla.) High safety Phillip O'Brien and Seymour (Tenn.) The King's Academy J'Marion Gooch.

With the trio of new pledges on board, Auburn's class rises to No. 28 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. Perhaps the Tigers will be in the Top25 very soon as they continue to trend on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Top247 quarterback Dematrius Davis out of Houston (Texas) North Shore.

Offensive line also remains a priority for Malzahn, Bicknell and company moving forward as they pursue the likes of five-star offensive tackle Amarius Mims and the No. 2 offensive guard in the Top247 in Dylan Fairchild.