Should Auburn Switch to Nike?

Zeek

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I disagree. Keeping Bruce and continuing to win and send folks to the NBA will keep us moving forward . Shoes don’t make that big a deal anymore . They can’t pay players under the table like they were. In fact with kids now able to make money on their likeness that’s what we need to be looking at . I saw today thy figure Bo can turn 6 figures so Cooper should be able to ad well. We need to find some folks that can manage this likeness business . 

Becoming a Nike school means we can finally protect our home turf in state for basketball. It would ensure we get the majority of the top kids in Alabama. They either go to Alabama or out of state. All the top AAU teams in Alabama are sponsored by Nike. It still makes a huge difference. The shoe companies still have a huge hand in college bball crutin. 

Bruce plus Nike recruiting equals taking our great recruiting to being a elite recruiting basketball program.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Know not the answer, but know of the "Uncle Phil's Camp for DayGlo Children." (Wish I could remember who coined that phrase!)

If Auburn does hikey to Nike, does that unleash a cool million new uniform threads?! 🤫🤣

o-OREGON-FOOTBALL-570.jpg

hi-res-452562289-deanthony-thomas-of-the-oregon-ducks-runs-the-ball_crop_north.jpg

150320_Nike_Oregon_Helm_Home_hd_1600.jpg

TYJBTALRMGFOMKV.20140501154431.jpg

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

If Auburn does hikey to Nike, does that unleash a cool million new uniform threads?! 🤫🤣

The ideas AND arguments will intensify exponentially! 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

If Auburn does hikey to Nike, does that unleash a cool million new uniform threads?!

That's a very good question. Not sure how much leverage Nike has in those negotiations but it does seem like every Nike school does at least some of that. 

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Know not the answer, but know of the "Uncle Phil's Camp for DayGlo Children." (Wish I could remember who coined that phrase!)

hi-res-452562289-deanthony-thomas-of-the-oregon-ducks-runs-the-ball_crop_north.jpg

Please, Lord no. I see Oregon and it makes me think they throw darts at a color wheel. 

First throw is for helmets- okay green

Second throw is for Jerseys- green again

Third throw is for pants - yellow it is

And so on....🙄

• Haha 1

plain and simple - I don't like Nike.

if it helps Bruce Pearl /Auburn   (and football) - go with Nike.    Simple.  

No sense in giving anyone an advantage. dumb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

plain and simple - I don't like Nike.

if it helps Bruce Pearl /Auburn   (and football) - go with Nike.    Simple.  

No sense in giving anyone an advantage. dumb

Exactly my feelings. 

• Like 1

I like UA products. Never had a pair of their shoes (I wear New Balance), but everything else of theirs I'm a huge fan of. I like going for the younger company, and in football, I really don't think it matters. That said, in basketball, it DOES matter, and I do think going with Nike would make a difference.

Of course, we won't be going with anyone but UA until 2024, I believe, so this whole conversation is pretty moot. How about let's revisit this in two or three years, when it actually becomes relevant because we will be able to switch?

• Like 2

Let's just win a lot of games and the rest will take care of the rest of the rest and then some!

6 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

permanent mood of traditionalist if this Happensgiphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29583cfdaa6afb68135b

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I do think it’s pretty funny that folks are injecting whether they personally like the Nike product or not as a valid reason to go or not go with them. I mean, stuff like that has no relevance what so ever with these endorsement deals. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From a fan perspective, I desperately want us with Nike or Adidas instead of UA. UA is limited in retail space and their stuff is way overpriced. Nike and Adidas is easier to find and more affordable. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

Please, Lord no. I see Oregon and it makes me think they throw darts at a color wheel. 

First throw is for helmets- okay green

Second throw is for Jerseys- green again

Third throw is for pants - yellow it is

And so on....🙄

Dayglo...dayglo...SoullllllGlo...

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I do think it’s pretty funny that folks are injecting whether they personally like the Nike product or not as a valid reason to go or not go with them. I mean, stuff like that has no relevance what so ever with these endorsement deals. 

It does in message board fodder. People opinion on whether they personally like a coach , isn’t very valid either , yet people add their .02 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

While it had no bearing on the endorsement deal it is relevant to the fan. I hate the fit of Nike caps so I wouldn't be buying one. But you are right, me not buying a cap made buy Nike won't affect the University one bit. Just my .02 as Dag put it. 

22 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Dayglo...dayglo...SoullllllGlo...

tenor.gif

WO WO WO!!!!  Is that DR Peter Benton from ER with a fro?!?! OK TORA!!! I SEE YOU!!!!! I like your taste in t.v. shows! lol.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO!!!!  Is that DR Peter Benton from ER with a fro?!?! OK TORA!!! I SEE YOU!!!!! I like your taste in t.v. shows! lol.

He was first the luckless Daryl! 🤣😉

https://www.google.com/search?q=coming+to+america+akeem+and+daryl&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjMk_amz5vpAhUST98KHS0VAQ8Q_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=0O0nMmsDRqvbdM

59258dea9675c.image_.jpg

Edited by ToraGirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I have this exact same sentiment, but I guess it is a forum and people giving their personal flair differs one poster from the other. As long as people are able to differentiate their distaste from what could help Auburn, I'm fine 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Anytime someone references Coming to America it ALWAYS makes me think of ROCKY 4!!!! OBVIOUSLY THE BEST ROCKY TOO!!!!!!!!! lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Wonder if this guy made it and if he ever played this type of character again? Not Work Safe:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Wonder if this guy made it and if he ever played this type of character again?

Mrs. Loof and I had a conversation about biggest living movie star the other night. It is shocking how much money that guy commands when he has never been *the* lead actor in a major film.

I've met him, by the way. Further to your question, many of the characters he plays don't require a ton of acting chops on his part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Mrs. Loof and I had a conversation about biggest living movie star the other night. It is shocking how much money that guy commands when he has never been *the* lead actor in a major film.

I've met him, by the way. Further to your question, many of the characters he plays don't require a ton of acting chops on his part. 

did he use a lot of mfers in person?

I just want a cheaper Polo than the UA stuff that I see and looks better.  When I can get logo Dry Fit shirts for work relatively inexpensive compared to UA gear.  I like my plain UA polos but the Dry Fit has come a long way.  So for me, I just want decent gear that doesn't cost an arm and leg.  If it helps recruiting then switch.  I don't wear either of the shoes from either company although my son swears by the UA shoes.  Nike shoes don't fit me well at all.  They are way too narrow.  But I don't hoop it up so there is that...I like a polo that I have made by UA but I have seen some dry fit that had some great designs.

• Like 1

as a fat boy i hate their tight fitting jerseys. i could have bought one with jersey number 24 which was my dads auburn number but i would look like a bird. big ol body and skinny legs............lol