2020 3* C Dylan Cardwell Commits to AU!

GwillMac6

9 offers from AU, UGA, Penn St., Vols, Vandy, UConn, Maryland, Miami, & Cincy
Waited a long time for the green light from AU & looks like he finally got it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

No word from AU insiders on him getting an Auburn offer so my preliminary guess is he has decided to go elsewhere.

• Like 2

I was hoping that since we got Thor we had room for Cardwell to develop as a long term Center. I wanted him and a combo guard. I realize that we are waiting on a couple players who might join Auburn who are looking at re-classifying from 2021 to 2020.  I like having a nucleus of talented players who get better every year while bringing in an elite player or two.  Heck both Okoro and O'Keeke while highly thought of neither was looked at as round one type talent out of HS Bruce has an eye for talent not just natural God given talent but an eye for the type of player who is going to work hard and get better under Bruce.

While I wanted Cardwell I trust Bruce completely he knows what he has and knows what he wants.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I was hoping that since we got Thor we had room for Cardwell to develop as a long term Center. I wanted him and a combo guard. I realize that we are waiting on a couple players who might join Auburn who are looking at re-classifying from 2021 to 2020.  I like having a nucleus of talented players who get better every year while bringing in an elite player or two.  Heck both Okoro and O'Keeke while highly thought of neither was looked at as round one type talent out of HS Bruce has an eye for talent not just natural God given talent but an eye for the type of player who is going to work hard and get better under Bruce.

While I wanted Cardwell I trust Bruce completely he knows what he has and knows what he wants.

As I understand it, Cardwell is a take now. If that's correct, it's on him when/if he commits.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, Rednilla said:

As I understand it, Cardwell is a take now.

@Rednilla have not seen that even be remotely hinted. He doesn't have an offer from AU. This is the latest I saw on him & it's a few short posts up

2 days later & still not a peep on him from AU insiders.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla have not seen that even be remotely hinted. He doesn't have an offer from AU. This is the latest I saw on him & it's a few short posts up

2 days later & still not a peep on him from AU insiders.

I thought I remembered you saying he was a take. That's my bad.

FWIW Jason Caldwell said Cardwell is still in a holding pattern with AU & agreed with a poster who said it hinges on Kuminga & more specifically his teammate 4* C Sanogo. Both are 2021 right now but likely to reclassify & they may be a package deal.

One of the great bands of the 90s had a song that i think is relevant here. It goes  🎶"Dont go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes you are used to" 🎶

I hope Bruce isn't being dazzled by all the waterfalls out there. 

Edited by gravejd

26 minutes ago, gravejd said:

One of the great bands of the 90s had a song that i think is relevant here. It goes  🎶"Dont go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes you are used to" 🎶

That's really deep....for a sports forum. :) (get it...deep?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Wow I could use a little TLC about now.................

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow I could use a little TLC PBR about now.................

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FIFY

Went right over your head?????.........TLC is the group who sings that lyric Dont go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes you are used to" 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Went right over your head?????

Not at all. That's why I liked Loof's earlier post that was in reply to Grave's post. I know TLC well. I just subbed your post for your 3 favorite letters beer man. Come on old man! Keep up with the jokes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not at all. That's why I liked Loof's earlier post that was in reply to Grave's post. I know TLC well. I just subbed your post for your 3 favorite letters beer man. Come on old man! Keep up with the jokes.

Sure e what ever you say and actually my favorite three letter is not PBR but because this is a family site I need to be careful.......................................

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sure e what ever you say and actually my favorite three letter is not PBR but because this is a family site I need to be careful.......................................

Surprised you remembered that word....... 🤐

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 10:37 AM, augolf1716 said:

Wow I could use a case of little TLC  PBR about now.................

On 5/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, ellitor said:

FIFY

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sanogo just committed to UCONN. In my opinion, I believe it is time to offer a scholarship to Dylan Cardwell, that is, unless Bruce believes he has an ace up his sleeve with Maker or a grad transfer. 

• Like 2

The more of the big fish that have slipped the hook the more I like Dylan Cardwell. With Thor and Stretch we have some depth at the 5 plus we can go small at times. Cardwell would not be a day 1 impact player but has the size and athleticism to grow into a very solid 5 for Auburn in the future. I like having a quality player who will be with the team for 3 or 4 years maybe even 5 years with a Redshirt.  Bruce has proven he can develop players. I think Makur is a long shot and Kuminga committing or not committing to us would not impact our picking up a 5.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Cardwell would not be a day 1 impact player

For what it’s worth nearly everyone connected with Auburn says he will be a project and likely not do much his first year at Auburn on the court.

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Kuminga committing or not committing to us would not impact our picking up a 5

It might. At that point it’s very possible we would look for the best player available regardless of position to fill out the class. That includes transfers in grad transfers

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Anyone know if we have offered officially? Maybe we have unofficially? 

Probably nobody outside the staff knows about Cardwell. One thing that's obvious: The cupboard is suddenly heading towards bare and we are still whiffin'.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Probably nobody outside the staff knows about Cardwell. One thing that's obvious: The cupboard is suddenly heading towards bare and we are still whiffin'.

Just checked. Looks like we just offered today....

D79CCB80-077E-4646-8C23-2B96EA71C880.png

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Good to see some things never change with you taking subtle digs at Bruce. SMH. You cannot make this ish up. How about use that same energy for your golden boy.......... 

dasdas.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1