2020 3* C Dylan Cardwell Commits to AU!

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Anyone know if we have offered officially? Maybe we have unofficially? 

571A03B2-CC86-4759-825A-40AF6E5B7AA1.jpeg

we just air balled on sanog, so with him posting the same day....I mean its eerie to say the least 

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The more of the big fish that have slipped the hook the more I like Dylan Cardwell. With Thor and Stretch we have some depth at the 5 plus we can go small at times. Cardwell would not be a day 1 impact player but has the size and athleticism to grow into a very solid 5 for Auburn in the future. I like having a quality player who will be with the team for 3 or 4 years maybe even 5 years with a Redshirt.  Bruce has proven he can develop players. I think Makur is a long shot and Kuminga committing or not committing to us would not impact our picking up a 5.

I think his ceiling is what Austin was 2 years ago (when healthy), physically sound matchup for the rare time we play a true center. I can't see a situation in which we dont see more of Bruce trying to find more agile guys at that 5 spot.

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Anyone know if we have offered officially?

According to rivals we offered a good while back but wouldn’t take a commitment until the numbers worked out to have room for him.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good to see some things never change with you taking subtle digs at Bruce. SMH. You cannot make this ish up. How about use that same energy for your golden boy

I hate to say it but he makes these posts in the football forum to so I don’t think it has anything to do with Bruce. He and I had an argument not even a week ago because he made similar posts about QB recruiting & Cody Brown. I’m tired of posts on football and basketball recruiting to be honest.

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 3* C Dylan Cardwell (Commit Watch: 5/7, 3 CT)***
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m tired of posts on football and basketball recruiting to be honest.

Are you going to stop posting in the recruiting forums, or do you need to re-phrase this?

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good to see some things never change with you taking subtle digs at Bruce. SMH. You cannot make this ish up. How about use that same energy for your golden boy.......... 

A bit thin skinned, are we? How is that a dig at Bruce? Do you consider every missed prospect a poor reflection on Bruce? Here's a suggestion: You can simply scroll past my posts, or if you choose to use the ostrich method of sticking your head in the sand and pretending things don't exist, I have heard of an "ignore" function here, though I've never used it myself.

Is Cardwell a take at this point? For what it’s worth, I like him a lot and wouldn’t mind adding him to this class. 

I’m excited about Cardwell. I know Sharife has been lobbying hard for a while now and like others posted he’s essentially a 4* who got hosed by some eligibility stuff. Yeah we missed on a handful of dudes but he’s not a bad get at all. If nothing else he likely helps Sharife get acclimated quicker.

Hope we land him and I believe in Bruce!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

A bit thin skinned, are we? How is that a dig at Bruce? Do you consider every missed prospect a poor reflection on Bruce? Here's a suggestion: You can simply scroll past my posts, or if you choose to use the ostrich method of sticking your head in the sand and pretending things don't exist, I have heard of an "ignore" function here, though I've never used it myself.

lol do not even try to feign innocence now when multiple people have called you out on it. You and 64 know damn well what you are doing. Y'all have been sneak attacking Bruce with little digs here and there for years. O I have plenty of people on ignore. You are not one of them so I can continue to call you out on your bs. And what fun would that be if we could not converse?

dfsdfs.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’m excited about Cardwell. I know Sharife has been lobbying hard for a while now and like others posted he’s essentially a 4* who got hosed by some eligibility stuff. Yeah we missed on a handful of dudes but he’s not a bad get at all. If nothing else he likely helps Sharife get acclimated quicker.

Hope we land him and I believe in Bruce!

Would be Our second player ever from the basketball powerhouse factory that is Oak Hill I believe. First one since Abdou Diame in the early 2000's in the Cliff Dweller years!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol do not even try to feign innocence now when multiple people have called you out on it. You and 64 know damn well what you are doing. Y'all have been sneak attacking Bruce with little digs here and there for years. O I have plenty of people on ignore. You are not one of them so I can continue to call you out on your bs. And what fun would that be if we could not converse?

It's always funny when people flatter themselves with the "you can't handle the truth" response to being ignored. It's not the truth. It's dog poop. It's smelly and gross and nobody likes it. I can handle it. I know it exists. But why would I keep stepping in it if I don't have to?

Dylan Cardwell has a GREAT name for an announcer. 

Dylaaaaaaaaaan
CAAAARD
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Would be Our second player ever from the basketball powerhouse factory that is Oak Hill I believe. First one since Abdou Diame in the early 2000's in the Cliff Dweller years!

Sonny Smith signed Mike Jones from Oak Hill in early 80's. He went to Central of Phenix City, some things happened and he transferred to Oak Hill for one year. I believe he was a high school All American that one year

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Sonny Smith signed Mike Jones from Oak Hill in early 80's. He went to Central of Phenix City, some things happened and he transferred to Oak Hill for one year. I believe he was a high school All American that one year

WHO??? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

This is true. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Probably nobody outside the staff knows about Cardwell. One thing that's obvious: The cupboard is suddenly heading towards bare and we are still whiffin'.

Still whiffin?? We have a top 10 class in the NATION lol. Come on man 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Still whiffin?? We have a top 10 class in the NATION lol. Come on man 

Yep. There was a time not long ago where Cardwell, a top 150 player would be the highest rated recruit in the class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

LOVE IT!!! Appreciate the put back off my missed dunk attempt!!! lol. You saved me on that one fam!!! hahaha.  That is awesome! I def would of never known that.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

He was a damn good player on those mid-80s teams, including the Elite 8 team the lost to Louisville, I believe 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yep. There was a time not long ago where Cardwell, a top 160 player would be the highest rated recruit in the class.

He must have been a beast in AAU. 3 points a game at Oak Hill. 

3 hours ago, AUBourne said:

He must have been a beast in AAU. 3 points a game at Oak Hill. 

@AUBourne No clue. He’s been ranked in the top 160 since 247 first rated him on Valentine’s Day last year. That’s well into the high school season and would imply the rating at least had something to do with high school work. Also do you have a link to his stats? You know if you post stats I’m gonna ask for the link.

Probably looking too much into it but those celebrations seem to really resemble Samir’s shake. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOVE IT!!! Appreciate the put back off my missed dunk attempt!!! lol. You saved me on that one fam!!! hahaha.  That is awesome! I def would of never known that.

Speaking of Diame and missed dunks: I was in the second row at Stegeman for the game in 01, sitting right behind the UGA football team (or at least the whole offensive line). They were all jawing at me for wearing AU stuff in the UGA student section. Then Diame went up for a dunk and... thud. Just doinked it off the rim, and then fell on his butt in the lane. And they all just turned around and pointed at me and laughed their butts off. And AU lost. #thanksDiame

• Haha 3