2020 3* C Dylan Cardwell Commits to AU!

GwillMac6

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

mods are not allowed to iggie anyone from what i was told. E spends a lot of time and energy on this board with no pay. mikey you dook it out with everyone almost on this board and you never admit when you are wrong. i have crossed sword with you and also with E tho not near as much and it has been a long while. i have tried to make it a point with you to let you know it is not personal like with the tucker fredrickson bottle cap. if it is not personal maybe you could work it out with him? it is the christian thing to do i am told. and he burns a lot of time for us on this board. i would hate to lose what he brings because the more we got the better. you seem to tie up with more people on here than you agree with and if you let that sink in you might realize something. unlike the political board it is ok to be wrong. but as i am curious exactly how do you feel about bruce? thanx ahead of time.

I already had my hand slapped today by @ellitor for participating in a derailment so I will try this.

1. Welcome to Auburn D. Cardwell, glad to have you on board.

2. I think the post you quoted Mikey on was regarding @GwillMac6 and he is the last person who would get his feelings hurt over a post.

3 D Cardwell is a great pickup and can't wait to see him in an Auburn uniform. Good depth. Love me some Bruce Pearl. 

4 @Mikey doesn't pull back on his punches in his posts and I tend to agree more than not with him. He can take every bit as much as he dishes out. Don't read too much into the verbal sparring. 

5 Can't wait to see some more of Cardwell playing with Cooper. War Eagle!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I already had my hand slapped today by @ellitor for participating in a derailment so I will try this.

1. Welcome to Auburn D. Cardwell, glad to have you on board.

2. I think the post you quoted Mikey on was regarding @GwillMac6 and he is the last person who would get his feelings hurt over a post.

3 D Cardwell is a great pickup and can't wait to see him in an Auburn uniform. Good depth. Love me some Bruce Pearl. 

4 @Mikey doesn't pull back on his punches in his posts and I tend to agree more than not with him. He can take every bit as much as he dishes out. Don't read too much into the verbal sparring. 

5 Can't wait to see some more of Cardwell playing with Cooper. War Eagle!

it was probably none of my business g. but we have people who always piss off someone who brings unique info to our site or someone who works hard to make the site better through what they do and i would hate to see another person get fed up and tell us to do it our damn selves. does that make any sense? i have nothing against mikey but i have seen him piss off a couple of dozen people at one time. this is why i spend most of my time in politics. i have already had a mod tell me i was not very well liked and a lot of folks wanted me gone. this is why i used to post so many articles on auburn things to kind of pay back those i upset one way or another. but then i got accused of spamming the site. so i assure you i am no authority on anything i just get tired of losing people valuable to the board because someone cannot shut up ya know? anyway i was just trying to give folks pause for a minute and i  guess i have failed at that. but i will keep trying......

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, gr82be said:

For what it’s worth you did not have your hand slapped. The thread had started to go towards soccer and I know how passionate and how long Loof can go on with a soccer tangent so that’s why I made my post when I did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Love 3

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth you did not have your hand slapped. The thread had started to go towards soccer and I know how passionate and how long Loof can go on with a soccer tangent so that’s why I made my post when I did.

That portion of my comment to fifty was all in jest. I'm not typically a serious poster unless it's real life stuff.

Life's too short. 👍

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

War Eagle Big Guy.!! Happy to have you in the family. I think we need you to contribute this year.  Thank you for waiting on us. You won't regret it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

mods are not allowed to iggie anyone from what i was told. E spends a lot of time and energy on this board with no pay. mikey you dook it out with everyone almost on this board and you never admit when you are wrong. i have crossed sword with you and also with E tho not near as much and it has been a long while. i have tried to make it a point with you to let you know it is not personal like with the tucker fredrickson bottle cap. if it is not personal maybe you could work it out with him? it is the christian thing to do i am told. and he burns a lot of time for us on this board. i would hate to lose what he brings because the more we got the better. you seem to tie up with more people on here than you agree with and if you let that sink in you might realize something. unlike the political board it is ok to be wrong. but as i am curious exactly how do you feel about bruce? thanx ahead of time.

Go back, read, and reevaluate. I was not responding to a mod.

I'm glad we have Coach Pearl.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

But would you trade him for more linebackers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But would you trade him for more linebackers?

We have linebackers right now. How about dangling a long snapper for bait?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

@aubiefifty Thanks for the thoughts but Mikey doesn't bother me. If he had I would have been gone years ago. I have learned that when we argue to only have 1 post with him. He will always reply & get the last word but he should know by now that when that happens with us I never read his last word so it's pointless to even post it. Just like this time. I did not read his last reply to me & still haven't even with you quoting & replying to him. It's just not worth the time, energy, & blood pressure spikes to argue with someone who does it just for the sake of arguing no matter how often people reply to him with facts that differ from his assertions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

War Eagle DC! We gonna get that dub bay bay.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

yes i have been corrected on that and my apologies. i made a post and then started reading the thread backwards and it bit me in the butt..............

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

He is very well spoken.  Reminds me of McLemore in how he carries himself, at least as far as first impressions go.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@aubiefifty Thanks for the thoughts but Mikey doesn't bother me. If he had I would have been gone years ago. I have learned that when we argue to only have 1 post with him. He will always reply & get the last word but he should know by now that when that happens with us I never read his last word so it's pointless to even post it. Just like this time. I did not read his last reply to me & still haven't even with you quoting & replying to him. It's just not worth the time, energy, & blood pressure spikes to argue with someone who does it just for the sake of arguing no matter how often people reply to him with facts that differ from his assertions.

Drugs help a lot

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Let the record state, though, that I am never the one to initiate those conversations. I'm a pacifist, after all.  :)

This signing suggests to me that Bruce does not, in fact, have a problem with letting good players go while he star chases. "Plan B" for Bruce seems to be better than Plan A for most previous administrations, as I think maybe it was you who stated about this guy in another thread.

Also, I like how Cardwell's highlight vid is titled "Pure passion and aggression". Maybe it means something, maybe not. But I like the idea of this guy wanting those words in coaches' minds when he's evaluated as a player. Seems like most championship teams need a guy like this somewhere on the roster. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, gr82be said:

First of all, great pick up for AU. Basketball seems to have some serious potential. Secondly, I agree with this about Mikey. He can dish out and take with the best of them. Although, we hardly agree on things, I can appreciate that. 

• Like 2

Back to Cardwell. I’m glad we have the big man. I think he will be a real glue guy for us the next four or five years.

• Like 1

Curious - how does Cardwell compare to Wiley coming out of HS?  

I read where Cardwell's senior season was limited to AAU basically.   So maybe his evaluations were limited or discounted.   

Just wondering.  I know very little about the nuances of evaluating HS basketball.   Of course I am an expert on HS football.  If you are unsure about that, just ask me.  

“When I told Coach (Bruce) Pearl that I was coming he was excited! 

The first thing he did was yell, “War Eagle!”

He told me being there was a lifetime commitment. That’s exactly what I wanted; I didn’t want a four-year school I wanted a school that was gonna be my family for the rest of my life. 

I can’t say enough about the fan base there.“

C5AFD692-C9B7-481B-9BE5-0B6DA8855D0B.gif

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Curious - how does Cardwell compare to Wiley coming out of HS?  

I read where Cardwell's senior season was limited to AAU basically.   So maybe his evaluations were limited or discounted.   

Just wondering.  I know very little about the nuances of evaluating HS basketball.   Of course I am an expert on HS football.  If you are unsure about that, just ask me.  

I dont have the article in front of me but I read yesterday some quotes from his coach on what AU was getting. He said Cardwell would be like WIley on the inside, but he felt that Cardwell could also step out to 17 feet and hit baskets while Wiley was not known for doing that. He said Cardwell could run and that would cause issues for teams guarding him. He also protects the net well on defense. 

• Like 1

He is going to be a good foundational piece for us moving forward IMO. Him and Stretch as the rotation at 5 is a promising spot to be in. May take a little while but I like the possibilities

I'm pretty excited to haul in a guy who so clearly wants to be a part of things at Auburn! I don't know that the comparison to Wiley is particularly fair, considering Austin was almost a 5 star even after reclassifying and Cardwell was ruled ineligible for his senior year, but I can't help but to like hearing that he can step out and hit the 15-17 ft jumper, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Dylan has a bigger impact on Auburn basketball than Wiley had. War Damn!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1