Michael Jordan & The Last Dance

aubiefifty

i have watched most of the dance except for the last two episodes. i have always loved jordan altho there is a special place in my heart for the detroit piston bad boys. man they were so much fun to watch.

anyway i saw where jordan bullied many his teammates because he did not think they wanted to win bad enough. do you guys agree or disagree with how he handled it? most of his teammates said he was a bully. was it ego? did it go to his head? did he just want to win that bad? was it both? what happens when someones talent reaches its peak and a player can only give so much? i was a little sad. i understand most bands had members that were complete jerks but it got them to the top so i get that part. but still when is too much too much?

• ellitor changed the title to Michael Jordan & The Last Dance

Just now, ellitor said:

@aubiefifty moved thread to the Non-AU Sports forum.

it will die a lonesome death there. i thought with the virus titan said there was some leeway to how we post? still love you...............

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it will die a lonesome death there

With Michael Jordan in the thread title it shouldn't.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought with the virus titan said there was some leeway to how we post?

It may but I hadn't been told. I take the basketball forums as for being on college basketball.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With Michael Jordan in the thread title it shouldn't.

It may but I hadn't been told. I take the basketball forums as for being on college basketball.

it is on the top of the football forum.

I watched the series yet, but I think Jordan likely had a little of both going on.  His EGO had to push him to push others.  I am sure some of that was from realizing his potential.  The #1 caliber players all have an ego and all believe they are the best.  SO yes he had\has an ego.  Yes his ego had him push his team and do his best to make each of the the best they can be.

Heard someone speaking on the radio today and they brought up another way of saying the same thing.  Whether you call it ego or the "a**hole" factor.  Lot of elite players & coaches have it.  Brady, Saban, etc.  Not always required but a very common trait.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, aubiefifty said:

i have watched most of the dance except for the last two episodes. i have always loved jordan altho there is a special place in my heart for the detroit piston bad boys. man they were so much fun to watch.

anyway i saw where jordan bullied many his teammates because he did not think they wanted to win bad enough. do you guys agree or disagree with how he handled it? most of his teammates said he was a bully. was it ego? did it go to his head? did he just want to win that bad? was it both? what happens when someones talent reaches its peak and a player can only give so much? i was a little sad. i understand most bands had members that were complete jerks but it got them to the top so i get that part. but still when is too much too much?

I think Jordan was driven. And I think the fact that everyone on that last Bulls championship team was more than willing to come back and go for four speaks volumes. Jordan did what he thought he had to do and the results are pretty hard to argue with. Also, hearing from a lot of those players with the benefit of time having passed left me feeling as if there is no resentment. They knew they were playing with the greatest and that he was pushing all of them to be as good as they could be.

Archived