Play the season without fans at the stadium

doc4aday

this may already be out there, and if so, Mods please merge or do whatever you see best.

How would you feel about no fans in the seats but each game be a pay per view at a rate of $30.00 per game. This could cover some costs, but would give us all a chance to watch the game being played and heck maybe seeing the marching band doing some kind of performance with social distancing worked into the routine. I would pay the $30.00 fee without no question. Season ticket holders would see the games at no charge.  Chime in on your thoughts on this.

Doc

WDE!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if that were to happen a lot of colleges would choose not to field football teams or a lot of players on teams would choose to sit out! college players feed off the energy from the fanbase especially the student section! as to paying for games on PPV I don't even pay for VOD when it comes to movies. im not paying PPV for CFB

IMO around early-mid July NCAA officials will come out and say CFB will start on time! has been delayed. or has been cancelled!

this is where I place the percentage at this point

Delayed 85%

Cancelled 65%

Start on time 30%

I said something similar last month...

The stadium can easily pipe in noise and play it at different levels for different plays.   You have the DJ playing,  allow season ticket holders only to come in or 25% occupancy.  Rotate season ticket holders if need be.     Have them all do some protective or social distancing unless they are family or travel together.  

As for the rest of us - yeah, $25-30/ game is a no brainer.    Those that don't wish to pay - delayed broadcast on Sunday.    We need that new football only facility.

This is do-able, guys.  I would jump on 'that bus'.   Especially since I am not on any bus.

Sadly, this joke of an apocalypse will probably ruin the season. I dont see a way any university will be allowed to have more than 40% capacity if any at all. It will go down in the books as season with an asterisk as the craziness wont take place without the crowd. 

We have no idea where we will be at that point but i imagine their will not be any sports and packed stadiums until a vaccine is out

On 5/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Well I guess the turds can claim another title. 

someone should develop a face & nose mask with little turds pictured on the mask with a "Go Bammer Go" etched into the mask. Red & white with little brown turds sprinkled in with good taste! For bammers who are practicing social distancing in turd style!

5 hours ago, shabby said:

We have no idea where we will be at that point but i imagine their will not be any sports and packed stadiums until a vaccine is out

Gogue said in an admissions greeting video we will have classes this fall and football this fall 

The season's start is over three months away. Things will be open by then, if nothing else the American public will demand it and force the issue. I think we'll have a full house on opening day in JHS.

@doc4aday, my question to you is why would we have band members social distance but the football players are allowed to engage in full contact? If we're having live sports this fall then there will be fans in the stands. I just can't see how anyone can say it's okay for 100 plus players and coaches to pretty much go about business as usual but everyone else needs to adhere to social distancing. Gouge is being a cheerleader right now and I've got no problem with that at all. It doesn't mean it will happen but I'd rather hear a message of hope than doom. 

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

As I implied in a post to ToraGirl, I guess we should all move to Gogue's neighborhood.   Sounds nice!

Screenshot_20200514-042704~2.png

I saw a chart yesterday showing that there is a 99.998% recovery rate from this virus. That, of course, only counts people known to have had the virus because they sought medical care or got tested. The actual recovery rate is probably ten times or more greater due to so many having only minor symptoms or having no symptoms at all.

Meantime, over 30 million Americans are out of work and are in a family financial crisis not knowing how they will pay the rent and light bill. It's way past time to end the madness. The questionable "cure" is far more damaging than the virus itself.

TV networks are already paying millions to broadcast games. Why would anyone pay per game when they already "pay' for the game through their cable bill?

On 5/14/2020 at 5:23 AM, gr82be said:

@doc4aday, my question to you is why would we have band members social distance but the football players are allowed to engage in full contact? If we're having live sports this fall then there will be fans in the stands. I just can't see how anyone can say it's okay for 100 plus players and coaches to pretty much go about business as usual but everyone else needs to adhere to social distancing. Gouge is being a cheerleader right now and I've got no problem with that at all. It doesn't mean it will happen but I'd rather hear a message of hope than doom. 

On a funny side, it would be hilarious to see football players practicing social distancing during a game setting. The 3 stooges would hold no ground of funnies compared to this !  Reminds me of an old electric football game I had back in the 60s where plastic players moved all over the place in an attempt to play the game!

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

On a funny side, it would be hilarious to see football players practicing social distancing during a game setting. The 3 stooges would hold no ground of funnies compared to this !  Reminds me of an old electric football game I had back in the 60s where plastic players moved all over the place in an attempt to play the game!

I had one on those and some of the players just went around in circles. Three Stooges is a good comparison. Oddly enough it was the best thing going at the time other than Hot Wheels. The good ole days 🙂

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I was just thinking of Mike Leach and his method of wide spacing/splits between offensive linemen in the Air Raid offense. This would take it to a new level. :)

To get serious for a minute, every child psychologist and pediatrician  I've seen comment on the subject is unanimous in that school children MUST be returned to school for their next school year. Their reasons are many and valid. Italy, Spain and Bulgaria have already stated they will return to normal school terms. The UK is on the verge of doing the same.

If grades K-12 are going back to school and high school sports are going wide open the colleges will have no reason not to return to normal activity. I think we'll see a full schedule and full stands come September.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, Mikey said:

I saw a chart yesterday showing that there is a 99.998% recovery rate from this virus. That, of course, only counts people known to have had the virus because they sought medical care or got tested. The actual recovery rate is probably ten times or more greater due to so many having only minor symptoms or having no symptoms at all.

Meantime, over 30 million Americans are out of work and are in a family financial crisis not knowing how they will pay the rent and light bill. It's way past time to end the madness. The questionable "cure" is far more damaging than the virus itself.

Feel free to post whatever chart you found, but this is pretty obviously not true. There are ~328,000,000 in the United States. If the mortality rate was .002% (or lower) as you suggest, then even if everyone in America caught it, we’d only be look at 6,560 deaths (328,000,000 x .00002). Considering we’ve already eclipsed 80,000 deaths in the US with a only a fraction of the population having been infected, that number is clearly nonsense.

15 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Feel free to post whatever chart you found, but this is pretty obviously not true. There are ~328,000,000 in the United States. If the mortality rate was .002% (or lower) as you suggest, then even if everyone in America caught it, we’d only be look at 6,560 deaths (328,000,000 x .00002). Considering we’ve already eclipsed 80,000 deaths in the US with a only a fraction of the population having been infected, that number is clearly nonsense.

I don't know that I can find that chart again, I'll look later. Your numbers look solid, particularly for before my 2nd cup of coffee. Given that there is no win-win with this virus, I think the damage done by 36,000,000 people losing their jobs is much worse than 80,000 deaths, many of those being already sick people in nursing homes.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know that I can find that chart again, I'll look later. Your numbers look solid, particularly for before my 2nd cup of coffee. Given that there is no win-win with this virus, I think the damage done by 36,000,000 people losing their jobs is much worse than 80,000 deaths, many of those being already sick people in nursing homes.

It seems incredibly easy to discount deaths when those deaths are not among people you care about, know or love. Your previous post on the chart, whether you csn find it again or not, are obviously nonsense. Are you allowing nonsensical things to affect your thinking?

On children, the issue isn't just the risks to them, It's the risk of spreading the disease among more people. In fact, the whole "we need to return to normal" thing strikes me as ignoring what the reasons for the measures taken were in the first place. The reasons were never about stopping the virus, they were about keeping our entire medical system from being overwhelmed with patients to the point that care was not available.

My advice is to listen to the health professionals on issues related to health. Listen to economists on issues related to the economy. Listen to politicians looking to get re-elected...almost not at all. And listen to conspiracy theorists...never.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:43 PM, doc4aday said:

this may already be out there, and if so, Mods please merge or do whatever you see best.

How would you feel about no fans in the seats but each game be a pay per view at a rate of $30.00 per game. This could cover some costs, but would give us all a chance to watch the game being played and heck maybe seeing the marching band doing some kind of performance with social distancing worked into the routine. I would pay the $30.00 fee without no question. Season ticket holders would see the games at no charge.  Chime in on your thoughts on this.

Doc

WDE!

imma gonna need your address for that and maybe some gas money. what do ya serve gameday?  lol  where ya been? you talked of a sickness or not feeling well and just vanish. i have been a tad worried for you...........

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

those cats losing their jobs still have a fighting chance to right the ship. those dead? game over. period......

3 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

.002% (or lower) as you suggest, then even if everyone in America caught it, we’d only be look at 6,560 deaths (328,000,000 x .00002)

I imagine the numbers are .002 or .2%. Percents can fool you in math. Then were looking at over 600,000 deaths which is obviously not accurate. The final statistics of this "pandemic" will be eye opening if they ever come out without bias.

Archived