Play the season without fans at the stadium

doc4aday

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

WHO recommending masks in public places.

We defunded them and have moved on. 

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

We defunded them and have moved on. 

I was only responding to those who were citing the WHO's prior recommendations about masks.

Also, the CDC recommends masks.

Also, a plant in Maine that makes badly needed testing components had to throw out an entire day's worth of production because POTUS walked around the plant without a mask.

Also, my god, what a low rent, jackass response from you. How incredibly lazy and selfish you are.

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was only responding to those who were citing the WHO's prior recommendations about masks.

Also, a plant in Maine that makes badly needed testing components had to throw out an entire day's worth of production because POTUS walked around the plant without a mask.

Also, my god, what a low rent, jackass response from you. How incredibly lazy and selfish you are.

SMH. What a world. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not an entire days worth since they only ran the machinery while he was there but yes, it's still a waste of money. Sounds like they actually planned to do that (???) which is beyond weird. I'm wearing a hot cotton facemask for 9 hours a day because that's what I have been given to work with but certainly don't mind. I've been wearing them in public even when I was furloughed. The least he could do is at least give the impression that he wants to set an example for others. I understand freedom and rights but then there is a thing called common sense. 

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not an entire days worth since they only ran the machinery while he was there but yes, it's still a waste of money. Sounds like they actually planned to do that (???) which is beyond weird. I'm wearing a hot cotton facemask for 9 hours a day because that's what I have been given to work with but certainly don't mind. I've been wearing them in public even when I was furloughed. The least he could do is at least give the impression that he wants to set an example for others. I understand freedom and rights but then there is a thing called common sense. 

It's such a small thing. It requires so little of us. 

Thank you for doing your part. Hopefully everyone does their part and football games, in whatever format, are still a reasonably safe proposition in the fall.

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's such a small thing. It requires so little of us. 

Thank you for doing your part. Hopefully everyone does their part and football games, in whatever format, are still a reasonably safe proposition in the fall.

Happy to do it. I find it hard to believe that I haven't come across someone with COVID in the past couple of months but I've felt fine and have not been around anyone known to have it. I'm saying this because I could very well be an asymptomatic carrier as well as not be one. Who knows without symptoms. I just don't want to be responsible for someone else getting sick. My work has been great through the whole thing and really taking extra steps reopening. They have stores in a lot of states and they took the most stringent restrictions in each state, combined them and used them in all states whether required or not by that particular state. Glad to work for these people. 

FWIW, the hospital I was in, in Sarasota, only the hospital staff wore masks.  They didn't make any patients wear them at all.  Plus, they tested me for covid while I was in there.  However, they didn't call me until a couple days after I was OUT of the hospital to tell me the results (negative). Okeedokee...

Roughly 75% of people in public are wearing them down here (yes, including the elderly) and most things are open now.  Public places are keeping distancing guidelines but only workers/staff are required to wear masks (though there are the occasional scuffles between mask and non-mask wearers).  To my knowledge there's been no outbreak due to the relaxed atmosphere and Florida was supposed to be a hotbed.

No reason for giving this info other than a FYI...  As far as any agenda I may have, I simply admit that I am one of those who feels this has gone beyond keeping the country safe and veered into multiple agendas, political or otherwise, of powerful people.  Just depends on what type of governor or mayor you live under as to how you're being "allowed" to live at this point.

BTW, my wife has an uncle in Knoxville who apparently has it, and has been very sick for 3 weeks (type 1 diabetes, smoker, over 70).  He keeps testing negative for it but his Dr insists he has it.  You just cannot trust any of the info out there unfortunately.  It's being skewed, again for various reasons I won't bore everyone with.

Just some real world info based on our personal experiences lately.  Hopefully it's helpful to someone.

Thanks friends & God bless!

13 hours ago, WarTim said:

SMH. What a world. 

He really should keep the political stuff in the politics forum.  He will always tell you how to run your life.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He really should keep the political stuff in the politics forum.  He will always tell you how to run your life.

Zero politics on my part. Zero

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

I understand that, he has me on ignore so he won’t engage.

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Your post was simply funny, not much more to read into it than that. At least that's how I took it. 

19 hours ago, gr82be said:

Your post was simply funny, not much more to read into it than that. At least that's how I took it. 

@WarTim wasn't being humorous. He has made several posts in this thread arguing against the use of masks and even endorsed a previous post that somebody made citing the WHO's prior stance against masks. But now that the WHO no longer supports his viewpoint, he is trying to delegitimize them as an authority on the subject.

It's pathetic and irresponsible. At best, there is conflicting information from experts regarding the use of masks. When you sacrifice nothing to wear one and there is a good chance that it might be effective in preventing the transmission of this virus, there aren't many explanations for not only not wearing one but also actively advocating in a public space against them that don't involve a healthy level of selfishness and agenda.

I've asked him a second time to explain the rationale behind his post. I doubt he will, unless he accepts the excuse that you've provided him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @WarTim, doctors at EAMC and UAB are unanimously asking people to wear masks. UAB experiencing record high hospitalizations two weeks after the state reopened. They attribute the spike in large part to relaxed attitudes towards masks. Your thoughts? I know you've been firm in your belief that people shouldn't wear masks. As your motivations aren't political, I'm curious what your reasoning is for discouraging their use and what your response is to the state's leading medical professionals? I encourage the few others who share your stance, like @WarDamnEagleWDE, to chime in.

No way to argue an opinion when each party is entrenched. I’ll simply wish you a good day. 

39 minutes ago, WarTim said:

No way to argue an opinion when each party is entrenched. I’ll simply wish you a good day. 

You're incredibly disingenuous. 

Nathan King’s simulation of the season has gone well so far.  Maybe the NCAA can pull a Nascar and sim the games till it’s deemed safe.  (This is a joke)

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You're incredibly disingenuous. 

Just let it go man.  That argument ended 9 days ago.  And your argument with WDE was removed for good reason.  No need to drag him back into this.

35 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just let it go man.  That argument ended 9 days ago.  And your argument with WDE was removed for good reason.  No need to drag him back into this.

It’s what he does, we just have to live with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, Mikey said:

We've had a lot more cases than that. Most people that catch this virus are asymptomatic and thus never get discovered and counted. Valid research suggests about 1/2 of 1% deaths and roughly half of those are in nursing homes. 6% deaths is so far out from reality that it's not even worthy of consideration. You are taking figures seen on your TV and trying to extrapolate that into a death percentage. That's not a method any researcher would use.

Yes and we have a lot more dead that aren’t listed as well. 

On 6/7/2020 at 6:37 AM, AUsince72 said:

FWIW, the hospital I was in, in Sarasota, only the hospital staff wore masks.  They didn't make any patients wear them at all.  Plus, they tested me for covid while I was in there.  However, they didn't call me until a couple days after I was OUT of the hospital to tell me the results (negative). Okeedokee...

Roughly 75% of people in public are wearing them down here (yes, including the elderly) and most things are open now.  Public places are keeping distancing guidelines but only workers/staff are required to wear masks (though there are the occasional scuffles between mask and non-mask wearers).  To my knowledge there's been no outbreak due to the relaxed atmosphere and Florida was supposed to be a hotbed.

Whoops!

33 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes and we have a lot more dead that aren’t listed as well. 

What makes you think that? From news reports, if anything the number of deaths due to the virus have been overstated.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, Mikey said:

What makes you think that? From news reports, if anything the number of deaths due to the virus have been overstated.

Let's not go there. If you go there you are saying that the integrity of our medical field, Dr's, nurse's, hospice care workers, etc...and their oath to save lives has been compromised.  I refuse to believe that.

Archived