Play the season without fans at the stadium

doc4aday

13 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

BUT,  only when we have control of the virus.

Unless some magic substance is identified and mass produced we won't have control of this virus. We can keep it out of nursing homes if politicians don't interfere with that effort. Beyond that, it will run its course while only slightly slowed down by masks and distancing.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

A couple of things here...

You "have seen it stated" but stated by whom and to what end? And what the hell makes you think that hospitals and other health care professionals would falsify such things? That's what they're being accused of. And ya know, falsifying cause of death is a crime. But on top of that, in many instances the cause of death is a complication of COVID-19.  When your lungs fill with fluid and you die from it. that's pneumonia. But if you presented with COVID-19 and developed pneumonia as a result and died, would you have hospitals and doctors list pneumonia as the cause of death?

Second., you can "think" what you want on the death rate. I see a lot of folks outsmarting themselves on this one.  They say crap like "A lot of people that get the virus don't get that sick or don't get sick at all. The death rate is just from the ones that get sick enough to get medical attention. It's no worse than the flu." Do I really need to explain the fundamental flaw here? For the hell of it, I will. See, a great many people that get the flu never get sick enough to seek medical attention either. They ride it out and they aren't part of any statistics that the death rate is derived from. So the death rate from the flu, just like the death rate from COVID-19, is derived from people who do get sick enough to seek medical attention. And guess what? That rate is around 1/10th of that of COVID-19.

In Alabama, the mortality rate for seniors age 65 and up is truly awful 1 in 9 of those people age 65 and over in Alabama who get this virus and who get sick enough to seek medical attention die from it. 1 in 9.  Think about that. 1 in 9.

Finally, take a listen to what these doctors and nurses are saying as COVID-19 cases are spiking in Texas...

Can anyone really believe anything coming from CNN?   I don’t believe everything coming from FOX either.    And Hospitals are getting funded for having more covid cases.   That was a part of the bill that was passed.   

And just so you can see the slant in the media, check out what cnn said about Trumps visit to mt. Rushmore and then look up cnn and see what they said  about O’Bama’s visit to the same place 

The biggest issue you're going to run into is liability.  No campus wants to be the one who opens and has students or fans dying because of the virus.  Too much risk involved with potential lawsuits, especially because proper social distancing is nearly impossible to enforce in a stadium or classroom environment.  Penn State already had a student die from COVID and there will be more student deaths across the country.

I'm 100% prepared for no football this fall.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Unless some magic substance is identified and mass produced we won't have control of this virus. We can keep it out of nursing homes if politicians don't interfere with that effort. Beyond that, it will run its course while only slightly slowed down by masks and distancing.

B.S.  Masks  and distancing more than "slightly help".   This has now been proven.   But we can't have a**hole spreaders running around not following protocols.   Control doesn't mean eliminating the virus.  It means having few enough cases to contact trace so we can get the "contagious people"  warning so they can isolate early.  (Which we blew 5 weeks ago when we opened.)  We almost had control but we opened too early.  Other countries have gotten control  A few other states are getting control.  It is completely out of hand in Alabama, Fl, TX, AZ and most of America because a bunch of a**holes refuse to social distance and wear masks. 

Lee county alone  was at under  550 cases in the first 3 months of all this.    In the last 1 month,  Lee county has added more than 800 cases.   

1,359 people have had it or have it in Lee Co.    

39 people a day are being diagnosed just in Lee county over the last week or two.  (that is more than a full class at auburn per day!)   At the end of full lock down,  we were averaging 4-6 people a day being diagnosed.    

38 people have died.   

Death rate per diagnosis in lee county is pushing 3%.   

The numbers are getting worse exponentially.

WE NEED TO SLOW IT DOWN NOW.   

I want football.   Wear a mask and distance yourselves.   Don't be an a**hole spreader. 

This is what I’ve seen and my personal opinion. I am treating the Corona virus like the walking dead disease. Many of us have it and we don’t know it. There are a lot of asymptomatic carriers out there. The patients who end up admitted or in the ICU is very consistent : Either older , obese , Hx of COPD , uncontrolled diabetes , uncontrolled hypertension or CAD. So , I would suggest primary prevention, the simple things healthy 2020 have said for years. Do the little things to take care of yourself. I am seeing much more younger people being admitted and partly because they fit into these paradigms. 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Can anyone really believe anything coming from CNN?   I don’t believe everything coming from FOX either.    And Hospitals are getting funded for having more covid cases.   That was a part of the bill that was passed.   

And just so you can see the slant in the media, check out what cnn said about Trumps visit to mt. Rushmore and then look up cnn and see what they said  about O’Bama’s visit to the same place 

You need to use critical thinking and logic do parse info from anywhere.      It is not what  news broadcast is saying,  it is what the doctors are saying.  the same info is being reported from multiple sources.  Not just mainstream media news.       Are you saying because it is from CNN that the doctors are lying?       you do not think hospitals are being over run in Texas because it was reported on CNN?    That is  delusional.  

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The biggest issue you're going to run into is liability.  No campus wants to be the one who opens and has students or fans dying because of the virus.  Too much risk involved with potential lawsuits, especially because proper social distancing is nearly impossible to enforce in a stadium or classroom environment.  Penn State already had a student die from COVID and there will be more student deaths across the country.

This^^^

Here’s a good example of the inconsistency I’m talking about...

The SURGEON GENERAL of the U.S. said this back at the beginning of the outbreak about the general public wearing masks...what changed?  

Then, if you look at different stories, articles, opinions etc. you can find doctors or nurses or administrators who will back up either version of whats going on...

I don’t know what the truth is but I do know depending on what media you are watching they will find the stories and the slants that best fit their narrative...and that should scare us more than the virus, That we literally do not have an unbiased media we can rely on for just straight truth. I’m not counting on CNN, Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC or really any news outlet.  Its frustrating.

Only when this is finally “over” and we see final stats will we have a good idea of what happened and what did/didn’t work.  And  even then stats can be manipulated to fit narratives so where does that leave us?  I say it leaves us with no choice but to play it safe and either no fans or no football at all. And it sucks. 

C693A6D1-4F89-4F64-BC3A-34914B183491.png

D93B4EE4-AE72-477D-9685-96EC97893EF4.jpeg

41 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

The SURGEON GENERAL of the U.S. said this back at the beginning of the outbreak about the general public wearing masks...what changed?  

A LOT has changed in the last 4 months. .   Our basic understanding of the virus is growing.    Intelligent, logical people are seeing the effects of their ignorance,  and changing their mind.  They are not basing their information on something that was said over 4 months ago (see your surgeon general quote above.)   

So you want to listen to the  SURGEON GENERAL,  eh?

Listen to him well...... 

Mid June:  https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/health/us-surgeon-general-coronavirus-masks/index.html

He said face coverings lead to less asymptomatic spread of the virus, which leads to more places opening sooner.

"Exercise and promote your freedom by choosing to wear a face covering!" Adams said in the tweet, which also included a photo of him in a mask.

Public health officials have emphasized the importance of face coverings amid the country's reopening, given that people without symptoms could unknowingly transmit Covid-19.  

6 days ago   https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/505354-surgeon-general-urges-widespread-mask-use-it-is-not-a-suppression-of-your

"If you want the return of college football this year, wear a face covering," he said. "If you want a chance at prom next spring, wear a face covering. ... If you want to go on spring break next March, next April, wear a face covering."

2 days ago: https://www.today.com/health/us-surgeon-general-recommends-masks-july-4-celebrations-t185843

“Here’s the challenge. If you make something mandatory, particularly the younger age groups we’re talking about, many of them will rebel and do the exact opposite. I think it’s more important from a health perspective that we help people understand why these are important and that we help them understand how they benefit from wearing them,” he said while holding a mask.

“If people understand why they’re doing it, they’re going to be more likely to comply. If it’s mandatory, they’ll only do it when someone’s watching.”

2 day ago:  https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/2020/07/03/us-surgeon-general-explains-why-hes-dramatically-changed-his-position-on-wearing-masks/

But earlier this week, Adams said, “Please, please wear a face covering when you go out.”

So what’s changed? Adams said we didn’t realize in March how easily the virus could spread from asymptomatic people.

“It’s important for people to understand that we now know 40%-50% of cases of coronavirus are spread asymptomatically, and that’s different than any other coronavirus we’ve experienced before,” Adams said. “It means you can have no symptoms -- no cough, no fever -- and still be someone who is spreading the disease.”

n the hospitals.   told you last time that yu tried to use that excuse that their numbers were was growing the hospitals would be filling up soon.   What is your deal with OLD news anyway ?   

Yesterday:   https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/04/texas-coronavirus-rio-grande-valley-hospitals/

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/07/04/rio-grande-valley-hospitals-reach-capacity-ahead-of-july-4th-weekend-officials-say/

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

A LOT has changed in the last 4 months. .   Our basic understanding of the virus is growing.    Intelligent, logical people are seeing the effects of their ignorance,  and changing their mind.  They are not basing their information on something that was said over 4 months ago (see your surgeon general quote above.)   

So you want to listen to the surgeon General eh?

Listen to him well. 

Mid June:  https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/health/us-surgeon-general-coronavirus-masks/index.html

He said face coverings lead to less asymptomatic spread of the virus, which leads to more places opening sooner.

"Exercise and promote your freedom by choosing to wear a face covering!" Adams said in the tweet, which also included a photo of him in a mask.

Public health officials have emphasized the importance of face coverings amid the country's reopening, given that people without symptoms could unknowingly transmit Covid-19.  

6 days ago   https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/505354-surgeon-general-urges-widespread-mask-use-it-is-not-a-suppression-of-your

2 days ago: https://www.today.com/health/us-surgeon-general-recommends-masks-july-4-celebrations-t185843

2 day ago:  https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/2020/07/03/us-surgeon-general-explains-why-hes-dramatically-changed-his-position-on-wearing-masks/

But earlier this week, Adams said, “Please, please wear a face covering when you go out.”

So what’s changed? Adams said we didn’t realize in March how easily the virus could spread from asymptomatic people.

“It’s important for people to understand that we now know 40%-50% of cases of coronavirus are spread asymptomatically, and that’s different than any other coronavirus we’ve experienced before,” Adams said. “It means you can have no symptoms -- no cough, no fever -- and still be someone who is spreading the disease.”

Clearly you are an avid mask guy so I’m not trying to argue the point with you but rather pointing out the various opinions we’ve seen.  Coronaviruses aren’t new.  This one is different but is still a coronavirus so if masks were so ineffective three months ago I still question what changed so dramatically?  Politics perhaps? I don’t take anything said by anyone at face value(no pun intended).  On top of that, I work in public everyday in places where they are requiring masks.  All I see all day is people pulling them down, scratching their nose, touching their mouths, breathing in fresh air and exhaling then putting the mask back on only to see them repeat this ten minutes later...I see it ALL day long.  So what good is that doing?  And if social distancing works so well, then why the need for masks? And if masks work so well then why the need for social distancing?  This virus isn’t going to be stopped by a bunch of cheap cloth masks that everyone continually pulls down and touches and messes with and then touches other objects.  

80,000 people died of the flu just three years ago...did we not care about people in 2017? Why no masks? Why no huge heartfelt push to save grandma and grandpa by wearing masks in 2017 to save them from flu? Why the big change?  80,000 deaths is acceptable and 200,000 just crosses the line? Is that it? We’re playing numbers? I say if this is all about keeping everyone safe all the time then we better start wearing masks every flu season.  I mean, every life matters right?  And don’t give me the “we have a flu vaccine” argument since 80,000 people still died even with a vaccine.  Covid deaths are down 90% from a peak in March so when do we decide this ends?  

I didn’t want to get into a back and forth on this and I respect your enthusiasm for mask wearing but I feel differently and luckily, for now, I have that right. And FYI I wear a mask everyday out of respect for others even if I don’t fully believe its helping anything.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Clearly you are an avid mask guy so I’m not trying to argue the point with you but rather pointing out the various opinions we’ve seen.  Coronaviruses aren’t new.  This one is different but is still a coronavirus so if masks were so ineffective three months ago I still question what changed so dramatically?  Politics perhaps? I don’t take anything said by anyone at face value(no pun intended).  On top of that, I work in public everyday in places where they are requiring masks.  All I see all day is people pulling them down, scratching their nose, touching their mouths, breathing in fresh air and exhaling then putting the mask back on only to see them repeat this ten minutes later...I see it ALL day long.  So what good is that doing?  And if social distancing works so well, then why the need for masks? And if masks work so well then why the need for social distancing?  This virus isn’t going to be stopped by a bunch of cheap cloth masks that everyone continually pulls down and touches and messes with and then touches other objects.  

80,000 people died of the flu just three years ago...did we not care about people in 2017? Why no masks? Why no huge heartfelt push to save grandma and grandpa by wearing masks in 2017 to save them from flu? Why the big change?  80,000 deaths is acceptable and 200,000 just crosses the line? Is that it? We’re playing numbers? I say if this is all about keeping everyone safe all the time then we better start wearing masks every flu season.  I mean, every life matters right?  And don’t give me the “we have a flu vaccine” argument since 80,000 people still died even with a vaccine.  Covid deaths are down 90% from a peak in March so when do we decide this ends?  

I didn’t want to get into a back and forth on this and I respect your enthusiasm for mask wearing but I feel differently and luckily, for now, I have that right. And FYI I wear a mask everyday out of respect for others even if I don’t fully believe its helping anything.

This corona virus IS DIFFERENT.  What has changed is knowledge.  masks were not ineffective 3 months ago.  We did not know how contagious it is esp from asymptomatic people.   

quote from above surgeon general link above... "It’s important for people to understand that we now know 40%-50% of cases of coronavirus are spread asymptomatically, and that’s different than any other coronavirus we’ve experienced before,” (Surgeon General) Adams said. “It means you can have no symptoms -- no cough, no fever -- and still be someone who is spreading the disease.”

The virus has to be present for someone to catch it.    Pulling it off to scratch your nose would most likely be fine unless someone around you is shedding.   you need o consider the risk of pulling a mask compared to who is around you.     If touching your dirty face mask and then touching your mouth is dangerous,  just think how many germs the face mask saved you from in the first place.    

I do not thin people need to wear a face mask all the time,  just when interacting  in public.   If you trust you coworkers,  no need to wear a mask,  until an outsider walks in the office,  or interoffice meeting etc.  Face mask will not help you or others much if you keep pulling it off. 

think of the mask as a chain link fence.   someone is going to shoot a cannon full of  thousands of ping pong balls at you.  The balls fit through the fence,  but only a few actually will,  and most of them will not travel as far.    IF I am behind a fence also,  the ping pong balls will have to go through 2 fences to get to you.     Now add distance where there will be fewer ping pong balls that make it that far.  So,  cannon = cough ,   the balls (germs)   have to go through on chain link fence (mask 1) ,   then travel 50 yards (6 ft for cough)  Then go through another chain link fence (mask 2)  then be inhaled.   at worse this will save a few cases from being passed on in a town,  which will keep dozens from getting it down the road  through contact with those.  

First it is not just about deaths.  Plenty of documented cases of issues lasting months after recovery. More every day.       I've gone over this a bunch of times,  but there are things worse than death. This is not the flu.  80,000 flu deaths in a year compared to 133,000 in less than 6 months and growing..  People don't walk around with the flu for weeks showing no symptoms.  It is pretty obvious if someone has the flu within a day or 2.   They are pretty easy to avoid.   Masks would help with the flu also and a lot of other viruses and diseases.       

I am glad we do have the right to choose.  Thank you for wearing a mask even though you are not sure it helps.   Better safe than sorry, AND I WANT FOOTBALL!

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This corona virus IS DIFFERENT.  What has changed is knowledge.  masks were not ineffective 3 months ago.  We did not know how contagious it is esp from asymptomatic people.   

quote from above surgeon general link above... "It’s important for people to understand that we now know 40%-50% of cases of coronavirus are spread asymptomatically, and that’s different than any other coronavirus we’ve experienced before,” (Surgeon General) Adams said. “It means you can have no symptoms -- no cough, no fever -- and still be someone who is spreading the disease.”

The virus has to be present for someone to catch it.    Pulling it off to scratch your nose would most likely be fine unless someone around you is shedding.   you need o consider the risk of pulling a mask compared to who is around you.     If touching your dirty face mask and then touching your mouth is dangerous,  just think how many germs the face mask saved you from in the first place.    

I do not thin people need to wear a face mask all the time,  just when interacting  in public.   If you trust you coworkers,  no need to wear a mask,  until an outsider walks in the office,  or interoffice meeting etc.  Face mask will not help you or others much if you keep pulling it off. 

think of the mask as a chain link fence.   someone is going to shoot a cannon full of  thousands of ping pong balls at you.  The balls fit through the fence,  but only a few actually will,  and most of them will not travel as far.    IF I am behind a fence also,  the ping pong balls will have to go through 2 fences to get to you.     Now add distance where there will be fewer ping pong balls that make it that far.  So,  cannon = cough ,   the balls (germs)   have to go through on chain link fence (mask 1) ,   then travel 50 yards (6 ft for cough)  Then go through another chain link fence (mask 2)  then be inhaled.   at worse this will save a few cases from being passed on in a town,  which will keep dozens from getting it down the road  through contact with those.  

First it is not just about deaths.  Plenty of documented cases of issues lasting months after recovery. More every day.       I've gone over this a bunch of times,  but there are things worse than death. This is not the flu.  80,000 flu deaths in a year compared to 133,000 in less than 6 months and growing..  People don't walk around with the flu for weeks showing no symptoms.  It is pretty obvious if someone has the flu within a day or 2.   They are pretty easy to avoid.   Masks would help with the flu also and a lot of other viruses and diseases.       

I am glad we do have the right to choose.  Thank you for wearing a mask even though you are not sure it helps.   Better safe than sorry, AND I WANT FOOTBALL!

Agreed on that last point. Good convo. War Eagle. 

2-38%.   I'll agree with that.   every little bit counts.

If one  masks stops you from infecting even  1 person,  that can stop a line  that could become a chain reaction of exponential  growth.    That one person may pass it to 4 people  and those pass it to 4 each.   This is what is happening with so many not wearing masks.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I don't feel any differently than you about whether the mask is helping or not but I wear one anyway at work or out and about. I do know that many of our customers have told us how much they appreciate the lengths we are going to trying to keep everyone as safe as possible. Now if the masks are helping then we are all the better for wearing them. If we make people around us feel safer in the meantime then it's a plus. I've heard some lame excuses as to why someone doesn't wear one.  I am not one who is on a crusade to get others to wear them. I just choose one myself and would rather avoid those crowded places that don't require them. 

Well here it is --- They don't know!! despite all that has been said, we got caught with our pants down on this one and have been playing catch up for the past few months. Scientist literally around the world are trying to understand this animal and oh by the way it has mutated a few times to monkey wrench their studies.  Information is a mess, one day it is do this the next day it is do that. No wonder a good bit of the populous has said "augh forget it, I will just do my thing".  Is that right? Depends who you ask. People have been cooped up for several months, lost jobs, lost business's, lost loved ones and are really fed up at this point and I can understand.  When the leader of the free world will not wear a mask a "why should I attitude" is bound to happen.  So how does this roll into college football?  American needs a sense of normalcy, something that puts everything back into place, when nothing is in place, even for just a few hours and what better than that - football, basketball and baseball (MLB 60 games).  But the question comes, does our own desire for entertainment out weigh the cost of athlete's, coaches, trainers and support staff potentially endangering their lives for us.  Because that is what it comes down to.  We need them now more than they need us.  The NCAA can cancel seasons and redshirt all sports if they choose citing overall athlete safety and I think deep down everyone will really truly understand (disappointed, but understand).  All it is going to take is for one athlete to to get sick and die and this whole push for sports is going to end.

23 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well here it is --- They don't know!! despite all that has been said, we got caught with our pants down on this one and have been playing catch up for the past few months. Scientist literally around the world are trying to understand this animal and oh by the way it has mutated a few times to monkey wrench their studies.  Information is a mess, one day it is do this the next day it is do that. No wonder a good bit of the populous has said "augh forget it, I will just do my thing".  Is that right? Depends who you ask. People have been cooped up for several months, lost jobs, lost business's, lost loved ones and are really fed up at this point and I can understand.  When the leader of the free world will not wear a mask a "why should I attitude" is bound to happen.  So how does this roll into college football?  American needs a sense of normalcy, something that puts everything back into place, when nothing is in place, even for just a few hours and what better than that - football, basketball and baseball (MLB 60 games).  But the question comes, does our own desire for entertainment out weigh the cost of athlete's, coaches, trainers and support staff potentially endangering their lives for us.  Because that is what it comes down to.  We need them now more than they need us.  The NCAA can cancel seasons and redshirt all sports if they choose citing overall athlete safety and I think deep down everyone will really truly understand (disappointed, but understand).  All it is going to take is for one athlete to to get sick and die and this whole push for sports is going to end.

I agree with you but I would only comment that the Pres. gets tested everyday and don't need to wear a mask. But most people looking to find any  reason to criticize him choose to overlook that. A big problem area right now IMHO is young people in crowded bars. A lot of Auburn's cases started in the Skybar before they closed it.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:12 PM, tbone4jc said:

Let's not go there. If you go there you are saying that the integrity of our medical field, Dr's, nurse's, hospice care workers, etc...and their oath to save lives has been compromised.  I refuse to believe that.

Exactly. Some folks just want to believe what fits their desires. I have seen plenty of coroners saying that they could not give a person they were sure of a test so their state officials forbid them to list it as coronavirus . But whatever 

My guess at this point is there is a better than 50 / 50 chance that no college will play football this fall. I also look for pros to cancel as well. If they do play I would say it would be almost assuredly without fans maybe with the exception of the donor suits . They can’t space them because They couldn’t divide up the season ticket holders. Even with a vaccine by January , it will still take months to vaccinate 250 million people just to get us to a safe point. Just the cards we have been dealt. I’m sure my grandparents weren’t thrilled with what they sacrificed during WWII which was much greater than anything we might go through with this. 

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don’t want to be, but will have to invest in more bourbon!

7 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

{snip} 

What changed is that medical science did what science does. It learned. Think back to when science rejected the germ theory of disease. Hell, just go back to the 1940's and early 1950's when science rejected the idea of plate tectonics. Science learns. It corrects its mistakes. The surgeon general and others operate on best information. As knowledge changes and best information changes. advice changes. This ain't hard...

Some good news on how treatment with Dexamethasone and Remdesivir seem to have helped lower the mortality rate and amount of time necessary for the sickest patients with COVID-19 to spend in the ICU. I've time cued the link to start at 5 minutes and 42 seconds in. The whole segment is worth watching though.

(Those of you who reject news because it's reported by CNN can just skip this good news since you won't believe it because CNN reported it anyway. ;) )

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Some good news on how treatment with Dexamethasone and Remdesivir seem to have helped lower the mortality rate and amount of time necessary for the sickest patients with COVID-19 to spend in the ICU. I've time cued the link to start at 5 minutes and 42 seconds in. The whole segment is worth watching though.

(Those of you who reject news because it's reported by CNN can just skip this good news since you won't believe it because CNN reported it anyway. ;) )

But CNN has pooh poohed such things earlier. They have zero credibility for me and their poor ratings reflect it.

11 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

B.S.  Masks  and distancing more than "slightly help".   This has now been proven.   But we can't have a**hole spreaders running around not following protocols.   Control doesn't mean eliminating the virus.  It means having few enough cases to contact trace so we can get the "contagious people"  warning so they can isolate early.  (Which we blew 5 weeks ago when we opened.)  We almost had control but we opened too early.  Other countries have gotten control  A few other states are getting control.  It is completely out of hand in Alabama, Fl, TX, AZ and most of America because a bunch of a**holes refuse to social distance and wear masks. 

Lee county alone  was at under  550 cases in the first 3 months of all this.    In the last 1 month,  Lee county has added more than 800 cases.   

1,359 people have had it or have it in Lee Co.    

39 people a day are being diagnosed just in Lee county over the last week or two.  (that is more than a full class at auburn per day!)   At the end of full lock down,  we were averaging 4-6 people a day being diagnosed.    

38 people have died.   

Death rate per diagnosis in lee county is pushing 3%.   

The numbers are getting worse exponentially.

WE NEED TO SLOW IT DOWN NOW.   

I want football.   Wear a mask and distance yourselves.   Don't be an a**hole spreader. 

Then there is this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/05/26/cdc-says-possibly-less-than-half-of-positive-antibody-tests-are-correct/?fbclid=IwAR2wf2wg3xqJKYrFrDdOXgSrSC6wLKCohl8J387rk1KuzmgYLxpV-9Utb-Q#

Archived