Null

Play the season without fans at the stadium

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

If Auburn requires there be open seats between people some people will not get their season tickets.  That means the lower-end donors probably won't get their tickets.

the danger of that is you could possibly lose long time season ticket holders or tuff members as some may choose not to renew next year

• Like 1

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FWIW, the hospital I was in, in Sarasota, only the hospital staff wore masks.  They didn't make any patients wear them at all.  Plus, they tested me for covid while I was in there.  However, they didn

On the question of 2020 football and opening the country up in general: I think (or at least hope) that most of us encountered a balance scale at various points in our Auburn education. Realizing

I'm certainly not arguing anything with or against you here but just thought I'd take this pointed clip to relay an amusing anecdote (but a genuine situation I found myself in recently), that covers a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

the danger of that is you could possibly lose long time season ticket holders or tuff members as some may choose not to renew next year

That's another reason why I like students only attending games this year.  Everyone takes the same hit and the university can say they aren't playing favorites.  College sports are meant for the students anyway.

22 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

ivy league has officially cancelled football for this fall no sports for that league until January. 

Some ivies have already committed to being 100% remote for the entire year, with only a small fraction of students on campus. I suspect they might not have sports in January either.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's another reason why I like students only attending games this year.  Everyone takes the same hit and the university can say they aren't playing favorites.  College sports are meant for the students anyway.

don't get your hopes up on anyone being allowed to attend Ivy League has cancelled Football and all fall sports until January 2021

and Fordham of the Patriot League has cancelled its first three games of the 2020 season

2 hours ago, ertrader said:

Some ivies have already committed to being 100% remote for the entire year, with only a small fraction of students on campus. I suspect they might not have sports in January either.

Fordham of the Patriot League has cancelled all of its first three games of 2020 including a road trip to Hawaii on September 12

5 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

don't get your hopes up on anyone being allowed to attend Ivy League has cancelled Football and all fall sports until January 2021

and Fordham of the Patriot League has cancelled its first three games of the 2020 season

Oh I'm on record as saying I don't think we're playing at all this fall.

32 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I find it very hard to believe that we will have collegiate football this fall. I am waiting for that one professional athlete who gets it and unfortunately needs serious care. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I find it very hard to believe that we will have collegiate football this fall. I am waiting for that one professional athlete who gets it and unfortunately needs serious care. 

I really don't know what to think at this point. Back in January and into early February I really didn't expect COVID-19 to become a major issue in the United States and was telling folks on Facebook to just calm down. I also thought some ideas I've seen about having stadiums limit capacity to enable social distancing would never even be given any consideration but now I'm not so sure. And when I see stories like the one out of Tuscaloosa the other day about students getting together to have "COVID-19 Parties" to see who can get infected first? Hell...I thought most students actually wanted to have football this fall.  Reckon what I'm saying is that I know one thing for sure, and that is I don't know hardly a damn thing. :) 

Edited by CleCoTiger
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I'm on record as saying I don't think we're playing at all this fall.

I am with you Brad. Sure other universities statements are similar and do not refer to "mitigation" with Saturday as an exception.

Auburn announces modified fall 2020 academic calendar

Published: June 22, 2020
Julie Huff | Office of the Provost
 Font Size 

Article body

As part of preparations for the upcoming fall 2020 semester, Auburn University on Monday issued a modified fall academic calendar, prioritizing the health of the campus community and mitigating the spread of COVID-19

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am with you Brad. Sure other universities statements are similar and do not refer to "mitigation" with Saturday as an exception.

Auburn announces modified fall 2020 academic calendar

Went looking for that after I saw your post. Turns out that Auburn.edu has an entire page of links to announcements related to the coronavirus. I should have known Auburn would be prepared.

https://ocm.auburn.edu/news/coronavirus/updates.php

18 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

I don't think Auburn is worried about that considering the wait list for season tickets.  You want to keep your big donors happy if there is a season

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I don't think Auburn is worried about that considering the wait list for season tickets.  You want to keep your big donors happy if there is a season

Huh?  We don't have a wait list for season tickets.  AU sells season ticket packages to the general public every year.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Huh?  We don't have a wait list for season tickets.  AU sells season ticket packages to the general public every year.

Those are mini-seasons.  It isn't a full season of tickets.  For full season tickets there is a wait list, specifically for the lower bowl.

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Those are mini-seasons.  It isn't a full season of tickets.  For full season tickets there is a wait list, specifically for the lower bowl.

No bro.  You can buy a full season every year around June.  The mini seasons go on sale last.  May be a wait list for lower bowl, but upper decks are available each season.

Article from 2018 as an example.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/06/auburn_football_season_tickets.html

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No bro.  You can buy a full season every year around June.  The mini seasons go on sale last.  May be a wait list for lower bowl, but upper decks are available each season.

That might be true for the upper deck in the "grey section."  There you don't need prerequisites to buy seats.  Any other color you do.  All I know is the lower bowl there is a wait list.  I know people around me that waited 15 years to get seats.  Auburn (any university really) wouldn't have issues getting new season ticket holders in their lower bowl.

Edited by abw0004
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

That might be true for the upper deck in the "grey section."  There you don't need prerequisites to buy seats.  Any other color you do.  All I know is the lower bowl there is a wait list.  I know people around me that waited 15 years to get seats.  Auburn (any university really) wouldn't have issues getting new season ticket holders.

Y'all are crazy.  I get lower bowl whenever I want them for under face value all of the time.   Too many people dumping tickets for cheap or free at the alumni gate each week to get me to buy early.  2013 Iron Bowl was the last time I paid over face and I'm always in the lower bowl.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Y'all are crazy.  I get lower bowl whenever I want them for under face value all of the time.   Too many people dumping tickets for cheap or free at the alumni gate each week to get me to buy early.  2013 Iron Bowl was the last time I paid over face and I'm always in the lower bowl.

I won't contest that.  😂  As you probably know from my posts, I have to be at every home game.  So it makes sense for me to have season tickets.  Having season tickets also gives me the peace of mind knowing I have seats, and the same reasoning for my parking pass too.  It is also fun to get to know who sits near you and to develop that friendship.  If you have different seats each time by scalping tickets that can be difficult.

Don't wanna over react to the bits and pieces of news that are coming out, but SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey, after hearing of the Ivy League's decision to cancel fall sports as well as the huge cutbacks at Stanford said yesterday "I want to be optimistic, but the reality is publicly we have to discipline ourselves to remain healthy as a culture. And that relates to some of the behaviors we’ve seen that have caused the spread to accelerate. I’ve been optimistic, but I’m prepared that optimism is not reality."

Ooof!  Is it really becoming a true possibility that we won't have football this fall? It feels like it. Damn.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/greg-sankey-prepared-that-optimism-is-not-reality-as-ivy-league-cancels-football-finebaum-reacts.html

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Don't wanna over react to the bits and pieces of news that are coming out, but SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey, after hearing of the Ivy League's decision to cancel fall sports as well as the huge cutbacks at Stanford said yesterday "I want to be optimistic, but the reality is publicly we have to discipline ourselves to remain healthy as a culture. And that relates to some of the behaviors we’ve seen that have caused the spread to accelerate. I’ve been optimistic, but I’m prepared that optimism is not reality."

Ooof!  Is it really becoming a true possibility that we won't have football this fall? It feels like it. Damn.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/greg-sankey-prepared-that-optimism-is-not-reality-as-ivy-league-cancels-football-finebaum-reacts.html

I'm glad Sankey called out the irresponsible behaviors that have made the problems much worse. Just skim this thread and it's easy to see why this went the wrong way. Failures of leadership, yes, but also failures of personal and social responsibility. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big 10 just announced that they will be conference only this year.  I think if we play, that's the only way to make it work.  Personally, sign me right up for an all SEC season.

• Like 1