Play the season without fans at the stadium

doc4aday

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Big 10 just announced that they will be conference only this year.  I think if we play, that's the only way to make it work.  Personally, sign me right up for an all SEC season.

Just saw that news.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29435295/source-big-ten-moving-conference-only-model-all-sports-fall

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm glad Sankey called out the irresponsible behaviors that have made the problems much worse. Just skim this thread and it's easy to see why this went the wrong way. Failures of leadership, yes, but also failures of personal and social responsibility. 

I guess we won’t just be “playing the game.”

This conference only scheduling could be a great opportunity to play some rivals we aren't scheduled to see for years.  So are conferences talking about regular season only, or only holding conference championships with no national playoff? Maybe, just maybe, we could have a conference champions only tournament to determine a national champion. Perfect year for a trial run, obviously if things have steadied themselves in December. Could be the catalyst to open playoff talks in future.  Since it seems previous rules/ contracts mean nothing this year. Just looking at way to be resourceful with the season.  Personally would love for Auburn to win a one time only ultimate championship.  Lol

I just hope people don’t lose their minds if Auburn goes .500 in conference only games.  Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas are all installing new everything but Auburn should win those regardless.  The rest could go either way.  UNC was making me nervous and  they’ll probably get moved out 5 years or more.  “No Doubt” Mack will have them Clemson level by then.  No way Gus gets canned when most schools are just trying to figure out how to pay for sports.  2021 though.... could be pretty, pretty good.

So.  If conferences are playing conference-only games, what will Notre Dame do?  :Sing:

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So.  If conferences are playing conference-only games, what will Notre Dame do?  :Sing:

The ACC has said they will be able to offer ND as many games as they need.

Statement from the commissioner of the SEC about an hour ago as reported on the Paul Finebaum Show:

"The SEC will continue to meet regularly with our campus leaders in the coming days, guided by medical advisers to make the important decisions necessary to determine the best path forward related to the SEC's fall sports. We recognize the challenges ahead and know the well being of our student athletes, coaches, staff and fans must remain at the forefront of those decisions." - SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey, July 9th, 2020

Man you think Butch had a hard time with the baseball roster when the NC2A gave the season back, imagine what is gonna happen to Gus with 25 incoming freshman and a group of redshirt seniors and a group of seniors. Talk about the transfer portal being utilized. 

I honestly will enjoy the only conference schedule. Hopefully we can add more conference foes to replace the OOC games. That way we can see who really has the juice! 

8 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Man you think Butch had a hard time with the baseball roster when the NC2A gave the season back, imagine what is gonna happen to Gus with 25 incoming freshman and a group of redshirt seniors and a group of seniors. Talk about the transfer portal being utilized. 

They should be able to account for this with adjustments to the scholly limit. 

10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

No matter how it's handled, it will be a shock to the players and coaches. The face of every program will change. Baseball players moving around isn't very noticeable to people other than the team members, coaches and serious fans. Football has way more serious fans. The shakeup will be to all schools across the board, but it will be not just a shakeup, it will be an upheaval of the college sport.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:03 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am hoping this is not fake ,  exaggerated or rushed  news.      https://www.freethink.com/articles/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer-bio/pfizer-biontechs-covid-19-vaccine-expected-to-be-ready-for-approval-by-year-end-wsj-idUSKBN24B1KL

now I hope they are talking about the same vaccine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:52 AM, AlaskanFAN said:

giphy (1).gif

Exactly. The part everyone misses. 1x2=2x2=4x2=8x2=16x2=32 etc. it grows fast. Take out just 1 of those 2s, and you reduce it greatly. That’s why we wear the mask. And as for immunity from getting it, new reports show some folks repeat catching the virus in as little as 1 month later. We aren’t even at the half way point in this pandemic yet. Stay safe and protect others.

Archived