Play the season without fans at the stadium

doc4aday

13 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Why don't y'all take the political garbage to the political forum? There is no need to stink up the football forum.

I don't see this discussion as political. It's been about actions that should or should not be taken. Open the country? Keep up the quarantines? I suppose it could be quickly turned into politics but so far I don't see that in this thread.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then you, personally, should isolate and hope some medical treatment comes along. Same for those in nursing homes and similar situations. The rest of us need to be free to go about our business.

I am isolated. I have zero fear of catching the virus because of it.   My condition is one of the reasons  I research this so hard.  Doctors told me I have 10 years to live,  and in 7,  I would be blind and in a wheelchair.  They told me this 11 years ago.    I am showing them!   9 out of 10 days I can still walk without a cane.   My condition was caused by an average common virus that caused my immune system to have a cytokine storms.  Similar to reports that corona may be linked to happening in CHILDREN.   There is no more painful condition known to man.  Everyday I have pain.  When I have flair ups, EVERY joint in my body swells up huge.  The real pain is when my  one of my organs decides to swell.   My brain will not even let me imagine a child with this condition.    There have been multiple times I prayed for death.  a couple times I was reduced to dog cussing god for not just killing me.    If I can save ONE person from a cytokine storm issues  I will feel my life is complete.     For all I know,  it may be the reason god has''t killed me yet.

58 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Look,  My grandfather spent 2 years in world war II in new guinea jungle.  He didn't get to go dance on the street or get his hair done,  or  or get a Starbucks coffee like you want to.  He didn't get to go to the grocery store,  he didn't get to see his friends and family,  he didn't even have communication with them.  He lived of a handful of rice per day or less.  Only shelter was a sleeping bag.   He never bitched or cried about doing it.  it was the RIGHT thing to do for society.   You have the luxury  of a bed,  a roof, food,  medicine,  internet,  telephones,  you can go out with precautions.    your are bitching about it after 8 weeks!    Suck it up buttercup.  Quit being a whiner. 

you know mikey is a wonderful cat when he calls everyone chicken but forgets children are getting it and another throw off of some kind as well. i would bet the farm mikey isolated himself at some point during all this.mikey get your wife to do your nails. one sign of a great nation is to take care of those who might not be able to take care of themselves. this also includes the elderly as well. trump is throwing people under the bus because he wants to get reelected and the heck with everyone else. that is fact. and MODS this should have been moved to politics long ago. can we do this before someone like me gets banned for stating my peace?

30 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am isolated. I have zero fear of catching the virus because of it.   My condition is one of the reasons  I research this so hard.  Doctors told me I have 10 years to live,  and in 7,  I would be blind and in a wheelchair.  They told me this 11 years ago.    I am showing them!   9 out of 10 days I can still walk without a cane.   My condition was caused by an average common virus that caused my immune system to have a cytokine storms.  Similar to reports that corona may be linked to.   There is no more painful condition known to man.  Everyday I have pain.  When I have flair ups, EVERY joint in my body swells up huge.  The real pain is when my  one of my organs decides to swell.    There have been multiple times I prayed for death.  a couple times I was reduced to dog cussing god for not just killing me.    If I can save ONE person from a cytokine storm issues  I will feel my life is complete.     For all I know,  it may be the reason god has''t killed me yet.

Damn. That sounds awful. I'm very sorry you have to deal with that. 

Thank you, though, for pointing out that it's not just deaths resulting from this virus that matter. 

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am isolated. I have zero fear of catching the virus because of it.   My condition is one of the reasons  I research this so hard.  Doctors told me I have 10 years to live,  and in 7,  I would be blind and in a wheelchair.  They told me this 11 years ago.    I am showing them!   9 out of 10 days I can still walk without a cane.   My condition was caused by an average common virus that caused my immune system to have a cytokine storms.  Similar to reports that corona may be linked to happening in CHILDREN.   There is no more painful condition known to man.  Everyday I have pain.  When I have flair ups, EVERY joint in my body swells up huge.  The real pain is when my  one of my organs decides to swell.    There have been multiple times I prayed for death.  a couple times I was reduced to dog cussing god for not just killing me.    If I can save ONE person from a cytokine storm issues  I will feel my life is complete.     For all I know,  it may be the reason god has''t killed me yet.

prayers for you. here is something my third ex posted on my facebook line. she was a surgical tech. this may or may not be true but she seldom posts stuff that she does not believe to be true.

May 9, 2020
Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis)
It is now clear that the whole world has been attacking the so-called Coronavirus Pandemic wrongly due to a serious pathophysiological diagnosis error.
According to valuable information from Italian pathologists, ventilators and intensive care units were never needed.
Autopsies performed by the Italian pathologists have shown that it is not pneumonia but it is Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Thrombosis) which ought to be fought with antibiotics, antivirals, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.
If this is true for all cases, that means the whole world is about to resolve this novel pandemic earlier than expected.
However, protocols are currently being changed in Italy who have been adversely affected by this pandemic.
The impressive case of a Mexican family in the United States who claimed they were cured with a home remedy was documented: three 500 mg aspirins dissolved in lemon juice boiled with honey, taken hot. The next day they woke up as if nothing had happened to them! Well, the scientific information that follows proves they are right!
This information was released by a medical researcher from Italy:
“Thanks to 50 autopsies performed on patients who died of COVID-19, Italian pathologists have discovered that IT IS NOT PNEUMONIA, strictly speaking because the virus does not only kill pneumocytes of this type but uses an inflammatory storm to create an endothelial vascular thrombosis.”
In disseminated intravascular coagulation, the lung is the most affected because it is the most inflamed, but there is also a heart attack, stroke and many other thromboembolic diseases.
In fact, the protocols left antiviral therapies useless and focused on anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting therapies. These therapies should be done immediately, even at home, in which the treatment of patients responds very well.
If the Chinese had denounced it, they would have invested in-home therapy, not intensive care! So, the way to fight it is with antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.
An Italian pathologist reports that the hospital in Bergamo did a total of 50 autopsies and one in Milan, 20, that is, the Italian series is the highest in the world, the Chinese did only 3, which seems to fully confirm the information.
In a nutshell, the disease is determined by disseminated intravascular coagulation triggered by the virus; therefore, it is not pneumonia but pulmonary thrombosis, a major diagnostic error.
Some world leaders doubled the number of resuscitation places in the ICU, with unnecessary exorbitant costs.
According to the Italian pathologist, treatment in ICUs is useless if thromboembolism is not resolved first. “If we ventilate a lung where blood does not circulate, it is useless, in fact, nine (9) patients out of ten (10) will die because the problem is cardiovascular, not respiratory.”
“It is venous micro thrombosis, not pneumonia, that determines mortality.”
According to the literature, inflammation induces thrombosis through a complex but well-known pathophysiological mechanism.
Unfortunately, what the scientific literature said, especially Chinese until mid-March was that anti-inflammatory drugs should not be used.
Now, the therapy being used in Italy is with anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, as in influenza, and the number of hospitalized patients has been reduced.
He also discovered that many deaths, even in their 40s, had a history of fever for 10 to 15 days, which were not treated properly.
The inflammation does a great deal of tissue damage and creates ground for thrombus formation. However, the main problem is not the virus, but the immune hyper reaction that destroys the cell where the virus is installed.
In fact, patients with rheumatoid arthritis have never needed to be admitted to the ICU because they are on corticosteroid therapy, which is a great anti-inflammatory.
With this important discovery, it is possible to return to normal life and open closed deals due to the quarantine, though not immediately, but with time.
Kindly share so that the health authorities of each country can make their respective analysis of this information, prevent further deaths and redirect investments appropriately; the vaccine may come later.
Link: https://www.linkedin.com/…/autopsies-prove-covid-19-dissemi…

Just now, McLoofus said:

Damn. That sounds awful. I'm very sorry you have to deal with that. 

Thank you, though, for point out that it's just deaths resulting from this virus that matter. 

i might be impatient but i see shame in folks against his argument not wishing him the best.......

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

?????????

Man, leaving out the word "not" sure can change the meaning of a sentence. Corrected and apologies. 

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i might be impatient but i see shame in folks against his argument not wishing him the best.......

Thanks aubiefifty,

But,  I I do not want empathy.   Not th reason I posted about it. This is actually the first time I have ever mentioned it on the net.    Other that family, I do not talk about it unless someone ask why I have crutches some days and not others.      The first few years were the hardest.   It was when I still fantasizes about a cure,  or miraculously healing.   Once I accepted I was not going to improve,  thing got a lot easier. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Man, leaving out the word "not" sure can change the meaning of a sentence. Corrected and apologies. 

LOL, 

I thought it was a rather strange reply from you 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

How long should an entire nation quiver in fear and stay "properly isolated"? The only sound, permanent solution is the development of herd immunity and isolation delays that.

Trying to reach “herd immunity” without the use of a vaccine is very difficult and risky to do without a lot of loss of life. By its own definition, it would require a lot of people getting sick. We’ve seen how fast this virus can spread when unchecked, so if we let that happen completely we’d likely be looking at hospital overrun as was the case in Italy.

What we’ve also seen in this pandemic, is that it’s very hard to keep the most at risk 100% isolated. Even if people can mostly stay home and aren’t going to restaurants or bars, many still have to go get groceries and things like that which require human interactions. Even those who can stay home 100% of the time still have to interact with caretakers or delivery people. Even a good system is leaky, so it’s not just a matter of people “staying home if you’re worried”. If the population is flooded with mildly sick or asymptomatic carriers, that illness will get to many that are trying to keep as isolated as possible. Sweden is facing that issue as we speak. 

The long term goal is to get to where we have an effective vaccine or antivirals with a minimal human suffering and loss of life along the way.  There are ways to get there without being reckless and without locking things down indefinitely. Nearly all of the experts on this have said we need more testing and comprehensive contact tracing. Unfortunately our county has not acted as quickly as some others (e.g. South Korea and New Zealand) on those fronts, which is why we are both more locked down and more sick than those countries.  But unfortunately, we can’t just pretend that we’ve done the work that we needed to in order to just reopen everything willy-nilly. Doing so will in all likelihood result in great loss of life. And I’m not particularly eager to start burying grandparents. 

29 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am isolated. I have zero fear of catching the virus because of it.   My condition is one of the reasons  I research this so hard.  Doctors told me I have 10 years to live,  and in 7,  I would be blind and in a wheelchair.  They told me this 11 years ago.    I am showing them!   9 out of 10 days I can still walk without a cane.   My condition was caused by an average common virus that caused my immune system to have a cytokine storms.  Similar to reports that corona may be linked to happening in CHILDREN.   There is no more painful condition known to man.  Everyday I have pain.  When I have flair ups, EVERY joint in my body swells up huge.  The real pain is when my  one of my organs decides to swell.   My brain will not even let me imagine a child with this condition.    There have been multiple times I prayed for death.  a couple times I was reduced to dog cussing god for not just killing me.    If I can save ONE person from a cytokine storm issues  I will feel my life is complete.     For all I know,  it may be the reason god has''t killed me yet.

Brother, I know that I've been intense lately especially the last week (to those few who happened to notice) and if you ever want to DM me, I'd be happy to share or listen.

But I just wanted to say, you're awesome man, and I'm so sorry for your having to go through this.  I was given less than a year to live back in 2018 yet I'm still here annoying the crap outta y'all so I'm pulling & praying for you!

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Thanks aubiefifty,

But,  I I do not want empathy.   Not th reason I posted about it. This is actually the first time I have ever mentioned it on the net.    Other that family, I do not talk about it unless someone ask why I have crutches some days and not others.      The first few years were the hardest.   It was when I still fantasizes about a cure,  or miraculously healing.   Once I accepted I was not going to improve,  thing got a lot easier. 

man i have enjoyed you as a poster and hope to for several more years to come. as big of a bear as i can be on boards i pretty much care about folks and always have. besides you were given something you  never asked for so maybe it helps? it is certainly meant well. personally i think we should have a prayer circle area on here so we can do some group prayers for anyone that might want or need them. anyway rawk on wid yo bad self and long may you run.......

2 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Trying to reach “herd immunity” without the use of a vaccine is very difficult and risky to do without a lot of loss of life. By its own definition, it would require a lot of people getting sick. We’ve seen how fast this virus can spread when unchecked, so if we let that happen completely we’d likely be looking at hospital overrun as was the case in Italy.

What we’ve also seen in this pandemic, is that it’s very hard to keep the most at risk 100% isolated. Even if people can mostly stay home and aren’t going to restaurants or bars, many still have to go get groceries and things like that which require human interactions. Even those who can stay home 100% of the time still have to interact with caretakers or delivery people. Even a good system is leaky, so it’s not just a matter of people “staying home if you’re worried”. If the population is flooded with mildly sick or asymptomatic carriers, that illness will get to many that are trying to keep as isolated as possible. Sweden is facing that issue as we speak. 

The long term goal is to get to where we have an effective vaccine or antivirals with a minimal human suffering and loss of life along the way.  There are ways to get there without being reckless and without locking things down indefinitely. Nearly all of the experts on this have said we need more testing and comprehensive contact tracing. Unfortunately our county has not acted as quickly as some others (e.g. South Korea and New Zealand) on those fronts, which is why we are both more locked down and more sick than those countries.  But unfortunately, we can’t just pretend that we’ve done the work that we needed to in prefer just reopen everything willy-nilly. Doing so will in all likelihood result in great loss of life. And I’m not particularly eager to start burying grandparents. 

maybe i am wrong but i think it is bad and selfish when those on the front line gave their lives fighting this and trying to save lines and we want to forget that and get our nails done.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

as big of a bear as i can be on boards i pretty much care about folks and always have.  

We are all family here.  I  see the discussions as sparing.   No ill intent.  Nothing personal.  Just good intense sparing to hone our debating skills against the outside world no matter what our personal opinion may be. I hold no grudges.   It may get a little out of hand sometimes,  but it is the internet after all.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

There are countries that have eliminated the disease now by isolating.

Are you sure *eliminated* is the correct word here?

1 hour ago, AuburnArch13 said:

The long term goal is to get to where we have an effective vaccine or antivirals with a minimal human suffering and loss of life along the way.  There are ways to get there without being reckless and without locking things down indefinitely. Nearly all of the experts on this have said we need more testing and comprehensive contact tracing. Unfortunately our county has not acted as quickly as some others (e.g. South Korea and New Zealand) on those fronts, which is why we are both more locked down and more sick than those countries.  But unfortunately, we can’t just pretend that we’ve done the work that we needed to in order to just reopen everything willy-nilly. Doing so will in all likelihood result in great loss of life. And I’m not particularly eager to start burying grandparents. 

Most of these folks saying let's get herd immunity would be the first one's trying to get an ICU bed, if they were ever to become critical. I just spent last weekend on a COVID unit, for every successful patient we transferred out, another was already rolling into as a new admission.  People don't know until they know and people will just have to learn the hard way. 

image.png

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

.Are you sure *eliminated* is the correct word here?

It was yesterday,  and I have read a lot of articles since then,   I will try to find the links.

edit:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31097-7/fulltext

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/seychelles/

https://www.politico.eu/article/kiwis-vs-coronavirus-new-zealand-covid19-restrictions-rules/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/montserrat/

edit2:

Still cant find the original article,  but if I happen upon it,  I will post it.

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I'll try to find the links.   They were from yesterday,  and I have read up a lot of stuff since  then. 

My question would be; if they eliminated the virus, why are they hiding this information?  The rest of the world needs this information.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe i am wrong but i think it is bad and selfish when those on the front line gave their lives fighting this and trying to save lines and we want to forget that and get our nails done.

Not as simple as this. I don’t care about my nails but my child had an infected toe. Sounds minor but not to me bc infections spread. It was like pulling teeth to get attention. The fact so much was pushed to the side is dangerous too. I’m not jumping into this argument bc I’m not qualified, but I’m tired of people indicating that getting a haircut and pedicure is why they want the country opened back up.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Then you, personally, should isolate and hope some medical treatment comes along. Same for those in nursing homes and similar situations. The rest of us need to be free to go about our business.

Are you self-isolating?  Based on your post, you seem to be gracefully older than some of us. You would be consider in the group of those most at risk.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My question would be; if they eliminated the virus, why are they hiding this information?  The rest of the world needs this information.

it is all over the net.   More articles every day about it. 

4 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Not as simple as this. I don’t care about my nails but my child had an infected toe. Sounds minor but not to me bc infections spread. It was like pulling teeth to get attention. The fact so much was pushed to the side is dangerous too. I’m not jumping into this argument bc I’m not qualified, but I’m tired of people indicating that getting a haircut and pedicure is why they want the country opened back up.

Depends on who "they" is- it's certainly not everyone and hopefully not a huge percentage- but I think there might be more of the wrong kind of "they" than you think there are. 

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

^^THIS.  essentials need to be open.  Food, health,  emergency services  water/electricity etc. needs to be available.  hair, gyms etc.  not so much

23 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

it is all over the net.   More articles every day about it. 

Can you provide a few countries that have eliminated the virus? I would be genuinely interested. I follow the John Hopkins figures each day. This would be incredibly good news.

Archived