No More “War” Eagle

Zeek

Sorry guys war is a no-no word for the same guy who uses MFers to describe Auburn fans and GD in numerous tweets. Great hire Auburn...

F8668F5E-58A0-44B4-B138-EBB9377EE651.jpeg
0C4200CA-7BAE-41E6-8A24-5B8026B4C2EE.jpeg

92903153-8CBB-4F43-B4DF-B9DE5858E2A1.jpeg

C92CAE3B-9C45-4C1C-B42A-7F9EEADAC956.png
Absolutely embarrassed this clown’s attached to our university. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do these people get out of bed without injuring themselves every day?

Oh...sorry.  I apparently have stumbled upon the UC-Berkeley football forum.

I tried to think of a better way to word this so that I don't sound like I'm defending this guy because I think he's another snowflake. The last tweet above just looks like a hack job because of the wording comparing it to the other tweets. Other than that he can forget being viewed well by the Auburn family as a whole...instead he will be viewed as a hole. 

"I'm never going to be able to call myself a War Eagle" That's very good, because we don't call ourselves War Eagles.

"..or say 'Go War Eagles'" That's good, because if you did people would think you are very ignorant.

This yahoo should have educated himself before he posted those remarks. I hope he's better informed on the subjects he teaches students than he is on Auburn sports.

PS: Are we sure this guy is real? He seems too stupid to have graduated from high school, let alone have earned an advanced college degree.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I tried to think of a better way to word this so that I don't sound like I'm defending this guy because I think he's another snowflake. The last tweet above just looks like a hack job because of the wording comparing it to the other tweets. Other than that he can forget being viewed well by the Auburn family as a whole...instead he will be viewed as a hole. 

That's a very good point. That was the only tweet that bothered me and it's very inconsistent with the tone of the other tweets.

As for snowflake, that's always been a funny term to me in regards to how it was birthed and given rise. A strong emotional reaction to a teacher not wanting to celebrate the word "war" seems... well....

I hope everyone will focus on the fact that he eagerly embraces other pro-Auburn slogans without that word. War Eagle is his orange facemask! Let him have it, ya snowflakes! 

:Sing:

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Aaaaaaand now his account is private. #family

I didn't do it....promise! :beer2:

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Aaaaaaand now his account is private. #family

Quick learner. 

yeah he locked down that twitter account fast yesterday.  Before he locked it down I did scroll through his tweets and he seems to just be a pot stirrer.    He's gonna come down to Auburn and re-educate all us suth'nuz on our traditions and how to think.   

tell all the students to NOT take or DROP his class.    No students,  no class.  The guy has no class anyway. 

cant wait to see his "rate my professor"   scores.

The thing is, he Tweets stuff like that and then will write about how bigoted everyone in the south is when they don't like him. It appears that he is a white man of Jewish heritage who has become an expert on being black, based on his CV.

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

The thing is, he Tweets stuff like that and then will write about how bigoted everyone in the south is when they don't like him. It appears that he is a white man of Jewish heritage who has become an expert on being black, based on his CV.

And queer theory and prison theory according to his bio. There’s quite clearly some deep issues bouncing around his head. Appears to be rather young too.

Would wager he went straight from his phd (which he’s enough of a tool to include in his username) to being a lecturer with no real world experience.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

And queer theory and prison theory according to his bio. There’s quite clearly some deep issues bouncing around his head. Appears to be rather young too.

Would wager he went straight from his phd (which he’s enough of a tool to include in his username) to being a lecturer with no real world experience.

I don't THINK he's on my son's fall schedule...#fingerscrossed #December2020grad

With that last tweet he assured he will not get fired.  It’s a sad world.

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

The thing is, he Tweets stuff like that and then will write about how bigoted everyone in the south is when they don't like him

Your assumption here and the reactions in this thread would definitely prove him wrong about that. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's a very good point. That was the only tweet that bothered me and it's very inconsistent with the tone of the other tweets.

As for snowflake, that's always been a funny term to me in regards to how it was birthed and given rise. A strong emotional reaction to a teacher not wanting to celebrate the word "war" seems... well....

I hope everyone will focus on the fact that he eagerly embraces other pro-Auburn slogans without that word. War Eagle is his orange facemask! Let him have it, ya snowflakes! 

:Sing:

I hear you Loof but the reason I personally used the term snowflake is because he takes exception to a descriptive word being war. Now if we we're talking about an actual war that would be different in my opinion but the use of the word war as an adjective to describe the eagle is no more offensive than me being upset at the term bald eagle because my hair is extremely thin on top...

Come to think of it I just had a birthday recently and I'm now offended by golden eagle too. :big:

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I hear you Loof but the reason I personally used the term snowflake is because he takes exception to a descriptive word being war. Now if we were taking about an actual war that would be different in my opinion but the use of the word war as an adjective to describe the eagle is no more offensive than me being upset at the term bald eagle because my hair is extremely thin on top...

That's a reasoned take. But here's the thing. What do we call "War Eagle"? It's not our mascot. What term do we typically refer to it by instead?

“War Eagle” is Auburn's battle cry

http://www.auburn.edu/wareagle/

I don't agree with the guy's stance on this but let's not pretend that military fetishism isn't pervasive in football culture. Where do the linemen play? "In the trenches." What do we call a long pass? A "bomb". What do we call a particularly strong throwing arm on a QB? A "cannon". We could go on for days. Again, I don't agree with the guy, but let's not pretend that things aren't what they are. 

Archived