Marcello interviews Malzahn (video)

CleCoTiger

• 2 weeks later...

That was easily the best Malzahn interview ever.  Something that finally gives the fans an inside look to the person Allen Green, the players, and the recruits see.  

On 5/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, ToomersStreet said:

That was easily the best Malzahn interview ever.  Something that finally gives the fans an inside look to the person Allen Green, the players, and the recruits see.  

Loved his "It's a rivalry" answer to all questions related to Saban.  Makes it pretty clear how he feels I think. :)

I feel like maybe Marcello and Malzahn might actually have a solid "working relationship" now, especially with Jimmy Creepy gone. I think Creepy affected how Marcello did his job and how Gus interacted with the beat in general. Not saying Gus is suddenly Bobby Bowden or even Tommy Tuberville but he does seem to trust Marcello now. (Edit: I know Marcello isn't technically on the local beat anymore.)

Big congrats to everyone involved on all those good grades. Love that we actually prioritize that, along with so much of the culture Gus has built. The academics and culture go beyond football, but I'm not sure the football team has always embraced it and furthered it like Gus's program has. 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:17 AM, McLoofus said:

I feel like maybe Marcello and Malzahn might actually have a solid "working relationship" now, especially with Jimmy Creepy gone. I think Creepy affected how Marcello did his job and how Gus interacted with the beat in general. Not saying Gus is suddenly Bobby Bowden or even Tommy Tuberville but he does seem to trust Marcello now. (Edit: I know Marcello isn't technically on the local beat anymore.)

Big congrats to everyone involved on all those good grades. Love that we actually prioritize that, along with so much of the culture Gus has built. The academics and culture go beyond football, but I'm not sure the football team has always embraced it and furthered it like Gus's program has. 

I really wish Gus would abandon his offense because he has been the standard in every other aspect of running this program.

Archived