Prayer Request

Zeek

I'll keep this short but my mom (one of the most die hard Auburn fans) has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. This is the first time she's had this issue since 2011 when she beat it the first time. This is coupled with my wife and I just sold our current home and are buying a new one, I'm interviewing with new potential employers to be closer to my parents, and (while this is premature) I think my wife may be pregnant with what would be our first kid (as teachers I'm looking at our bank account with some trepidation).

No idea how all of this has timed itself to all happen at once but I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed. Thought I'd share with you guys since I've spent years and years with this message board (I think my original account was created in 2010 or 2011). Plus my mom doesn't want to share her situation yet and there's something cathartic about telling some people who don't know her but, as I know you guys will, truly come through with support and prayers.

Sorry for dumping my problems on you guys but thank you for being great friends.

@Zeek

Brother, you ain't dumping nothing.... I am an EXPERT in the love, support & prayer you WILL receive from the wonderful people on this board.

I am so sorry for your news & will pray my tail off for peace & healing for your mom and family.

God bless brother!

PS: You ever want to vent or need anything, DM me and I'm here!

-Nathan

@Zeek

We've got your mom and your family covered in prayers for healing, strength, peace and comfort. Trust the Lord because He has something in store for you all. 

Check your PM shortly. 🙏🙏

Sending love and happy thoughts your family's way, @Zeek. You're a super solid dude and you bring a ton of positive energy to this board. You're good people and you clearly come from good people so I know your mom can win the fight again. And if a little Zeek happens, that baby will completely rearrange your understanding of love and joy in ways that words could never explain. But it is a serious emotional payload every step of the way, under any circumstances. So everyone who's been in those shoes totally feels you on that.

We're with you, fam. Lean on us.

Also, good on you for reaching out. 

Praying just now. 

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'll keep this short but my mom (one of the most die hard Auburn fans) has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. This is the first time she's had this issue since 2011 when she beat it the first time. This is coupled with my wife and I just sold our current home and are buying a new one, I'm interviewing with new potential employers to be closer to my parents, and (while this is premature) I think my wife may be pregnant with what would be our first kid (as teachers I'm looking at our bank account with some trepidation).

No idea how all of this has timed itself to all happen at once but I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed. Thought I'd share with you guys since I've spent years and years with this message board (I think my original account was created in 2010 or 2011). Plus my mom doesn't want to share her situation yet and there's something cathartic about telling some people who don't know her but, as I know you guys will, truly come through with support and prayers.

Sorry for dumping my problems on you guys but thank you for being great friends.

i wish you and yours the best. prayers sent.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i wish you and yours the best. prayers sent.

weird aside but i feel a kinship with you kinda sorta. i was new here and we were both on a game thread. i got banged for saying bastid and you got lucky and slid with something far worse. i thought right then this guy is a legend and i still laugh about it. do you remember? good times.well other than the losses.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:38 PM, Zeek said:

Oh, Zeek!  First off, prayers, prayers. Next...testimony.  (I'd share it privately, but maybe it will help someone else, too.)  My dad was in his last stages of a rare thyroid cancer that metastasized to his liver in the early 90's. I was teaching in KY and my husband was finishing seminary at Asbury. We moved back to Montgomery (Methodist at the time; we knew moves) to be closer to Auburn.  Had no idea if he would live to see his first grandchild...because children weren't on our radar yet; I'm the oldest of two.  

WELL...in God's perfect timing...we were able to announce that our first was on the way on their wedding anniversary, having confirmed the news in Japan, while visiting my brother.  "We went to Japan as two, came home as three."  She was born three weeks early like first babies are "never" supposed to be (HA) on March 31, instead of two days after his birthday, April 16.  He saw a year of her firsts and was "physically" there for her first birthday party, scheduled for March 30 at 6 PM in Auburn...Easter Sunday.  Ten minutes later, at 6:10, he went HOME.  (Her March 31st birthday has always been the rainbow after the rain.)

As a teacher/preacher couple, I relate to income concerns!  As one who hoped to conceive before Daddy went Home, I can relate!  I want to promise you that IF YOUR WIFE IS PREGNANT, this is the very thing that will give your sweet mother all kinds of things to enjoy in this time.  Her mind will be on the baby...and if not yet on that...she will be so overjoyed to have you closer.  IT IS SO MUCH FOR YOU RIGHT NOW...but you are right; our prayers are with you and God is big enough for it all.  There was always just enough, income-wise, even in the nine years home with our two in between teaching seasons.  I absolutely rejoice that your home is sold and that the new one is coming.  Any principal would understand your situation and welcome you, given an opening, especially coming with experience...and know that I'll be praying to that end, also.

This verse carries me in times such as you describe:  Philippians 4:19--"And my God will meet ALL your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus."  Be strong and courageous!  What He'll do for one, He'll do for all who call upon His Name!  His peace and presence are our guide, even when His ways and answers are mysterious. Thank you so much for sharing!  (Now, hug your wife for me!)

Zeek....We are here for you my friend!!! Sending prayers for your Mom, her medical team, you, your wife and your family. It's good for you to have somewhere to turn. We are pretty good at listening and being supportive. Any time you need it.....we will be here. 

Prayers sent for your mother and your family. I have been there with a parent too. It is very hard, but you WILL get through it.

Also, this verse has given me strength in trying times. Hopefully it will give you the reassurance it gave me. 

Matthew 6:26-34

Brother, asking for prayer for a legitimate need is never inappropriate or bothersome. You got it.

Zeek, I can definitely imagine how this must feel overwhelming. I'm trying to imagine myself in your shoes, and it's difficult for me to even think about, much less go through it like you are. You and I don't know each other well, but if you are ever in need of some catharsis you can shoot me a pm and we'll chat. I'm a good listener!

Godspeed. We are all here for you. 

We are here for you. We pray for your family. We know that God is in complete control. Please keep us updated so we can know what to pray for. Peter 5:7 and Philippians 4: 6-7

Many prayers for your mom and all the other concerns you have going on.  God has a way of making all the pieces fall into place.  I love what Tora said.  This will give your mom pure joy, if your wife is indeed pregnant. She’s going to fight hard, I promise. And God is with you every step of the way.  Keep us posted!

Will be praying for you young man.  God Bless you and your whole family.  Would love to hear updates on how things are going from time to time.  Best of luck in the treatments for your Mom and with the prospective little-Zeek.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:38 PM, Zeek said:

Prayers for your mom & all of your family.  My mom was recently diagnosed with stage 3, has started chemo, & still managed to order FB season tickets last week for the *52nd* consecutive year! WDE

19 hours ago, AUfaninNM said:

Prayers for your mom & all of your family.  My mom was recently diagnosed with stage 3, has started chemo, & still managed to order FB season tickets last week for the *52nd* consecutive year! WDE

Prayers for your mom, too!

Archived