Prayer Request

Zeek

Do not know how I didn’t see this, guess since I haven’t been frequenting the football forum lately. Prayers sent, my friend

2020 is going to godown as a year we all wished did not happen. That is a lot going on and I sure hope things take a good turn for you and your family. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

@Zeek, just wanted to check in with you and see how your mom is doing. Praying for her and for you and your family. 

I somehow missed this thread as well.  Praying for your Mom and your family!

• 1 month later...

Update on a few things:

1. Regarding my mom: the chemo had no real effect so she'll be coming off treatments and hoping to enjoy some time where she doesn't feel miserable for however long she has left. Her being her she's more concerned about how it's going to affect everyone else than she's worried about herself. She told me she's 59 this year and that's 22 more years than her mom received.

2. Related to my job: I amicably left a job I wasn't really happy with and I'll be at a new school now. It's a charter school (don't boo me) and it seems to be a good fit for now. How this school year pans out... I don't know. They expect me to be an Offensive Coordinator for football and the head wrestling coach but again this season is still very much uncertain.

3. Regarding the house: we signed our closing documents today for selling and we should (fingers crossed) be closing on the new house this upcoming Tuesday. We're hoping friends and family will come through on moving stuff since we'll have one day to get all of it done.

4. I finally got accepted into grad-school and will be able to get my Masters before the 2022-23 school year.

5. Baby situation: we ended up not being pregnant which with everything going on was somewhat of a relief but... now we're both wanting one and of course now that we're trying it hasn't happened yet!

Thanks again for all the support and prayers. I appreciate you guys and this board more than you know. I'll undoubtedly continue to be dormant for a while but I'll always come back.

War Eagle. God Bless.

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Update on a few things:

1. Regarding my mom: the chemo had no real effect so she'll be coming off treatments and hoping to enjoy some time where she doesn't feel miserable for however long she has left. Her being her she's more concerned about how it's going to affect everyone else than she's worried about herself. She told me she's 59 this year and that's 22 more years than her mom received.

2. Related to my job: I amicably left a job I wasn't really happy with and I'll be at a new school now. It's a charter school (don't boo me) and it seems to be a good fit for now. How this school year pans out... I don't know. They expect me to be an Offensive Coordinator for football and the head wrestling coach but again this season is still very much uncertain.

3. Regarding the house: we signed our closing documents today for selling and we should (fingers crossed) be closing on the new house this upcoming Tuesday. We're hoping friends and family will come through on moving stuff since we'll have one day to get all of it done.

4. I finally got accepted into grad-school and will be able to get my Masters before the 2022-23 school year.

5. Baby situation: we ended up not being pregnant which with everything going on was somewhat of a relief but... now we're both wanting one and of course now that we're trying it hasn't happened yet!

Thanks again for all the support and prayers. I appreciate you guys and this board more than you know. I'll undoubtedly continue to be dormant for a while but I'll always come back.

War Eagle. God Bless.

1. I'm so sorry, buddy. May your mom, you and your family find focus, clarity and peace through this process. Thinking about all of you.

2. Congrats! And no judgment. Folks gotta eat. And as long as there are charter schools, may they be staffed by great people like you.

3. Congrats and fingers crossed!

4. Congrats and good luck!

5. Been there. I know the feelings well. Big big emotions. Pulling for Team Zeek.

Deep breaths. Don't be a stranger. WDE

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Update on a few things:

1. Regarding my mom: the chemo had no real effect so she'll be coming off treatments and hoping to enjoy some time where she doesn't feel miserable for however long she has left. Her being her she's more concerned about how it's going to affect everyone else than she's worried about herself. She told me she's 59 this year and that's 22 more years than her mom received.  Continuing to pray for you my friend.

2. Related to my job: I amicably left a job I wasn't really happy with and I'll be at a new school now. It's a charter school (don't boo me) and it seems to be a good fit for now. How this school year pans out... I don't know. They expect me to be an Offensive Coordinator for football and the head wrestling coach but again this season is still very much uncertain.  Did not know you were a wrestling coach!  I come from a family of wrestlers.  My uncle wrestled for Auburn back when they had a scholarship team.

3. Regarding the house: we signed our closing documents today for selling and we should (fingers crossed) be closing on the new house this upcoming Tuesday. We're hoping friends and family will come through on moving stuff since we'll have one day to get all of it done.  Congrats!  Perfect time to sell as there is a great need for houses and the rates are extremely low.

4. I finally got accepted into grad-school and will be able to get my Masters before the 2022-23 school year.  Congrats again!  Where are you obtaining your Masters?

5. Baby situation: we ended up not being pregnant which with everything going on was somewhat of a relief but... now we're both wanting one and of course now that we're trying it hasn't happened yet!  I am not sure if you are religious, but if you are, God always has a plan.

War Eagle. God Bless.  War Eagle!

Zeek, your mom will continue to be in my prayers. It is a lot to face when you have other changes going on in your life, too. Adulthood is not as fun as they made it out to be, that's for sure! May God be with your family as you draw closer to each other. May you feel His comfort and peace. 

Zeek, praying for your mother, you and your family along with the pieces falling together in God's time and plan. You have a tremendous amount on your plate so let go and let God have it because He can manage it all. Focus on the family, all of the other stuff is just stuff. Congratulations on the sell of your home and your new job!

Your Mom sounds like a wonderful person and a typical Mom think about others before herself. Please let her know she has my prayers for her and the whole family.

No need to apologize for teaching at a Charter school I wish all children could have the choice to go to school that helps them the most. With education in the US I wish all kids had a choice and that the Public schools were so good less would opt for Charter schools. Reality is I don't think in some areas Public schools will be good enough so that is why I am for choice for kids and their family.

Great news on closing on the house and hoping that friends and family come through on the move.

Congratulations on Grad School.

The baby will come when it is time. 

Again you have my prayers.

@Zeek

It sounds like you have a great attitude about all of this and judging from your Mom's attitude, I can see where you get it from.

I pray for continuing strength for you all and the joy of peace through Jesus Christ.

God bless, brother!

Archived