Battlegrounds

bigbird

21 hours ago, creed said:

All these polls that I see being discussed here, unless I’m mistaken, are popular vote polls. Can someone show me an an electoral college based poll then I’ll pay more attention. 

Go here.  Filter by state as you like.  Biden leads in almost every swing state and is putting historically firm red states (Arizona and Georgia) into play as of today.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Go here.  Filter by state as you like.  Biden leads in almost every swing state and is putting historically firm red states (Arizona and Georgia) into play as of today.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

Just hope these people have learned how to properly poll the rust belt. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Just hope these people have learned how to properly poll the rust belt. 

It was pretty accurate in 2018

34 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was pretty accurate in 2018

And if they're accurate this time, their firewall up there is back in place.

Democrats going to have major strategic shifts here in the future though with the sunbelt becoming viable and the importance of the rustbelt dwindling. Just don't want them to get caught between strategies. If they take Georgia and threaten Texas this time, I'll bet they go all in on the sunbelt next cycle.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

And if they're accurate this time, their firewall up there is back in place.

Democrats going to have major strategic shifts here in the future though with the sunbelt becoming viable and the importance of the rustbelt dwindling. Just don't want them to get caught between strategies. If they take Georgia and threaten Texas this time, I'll bet they go all in on the sunbelt next cycle.

Still in question is the amount of voters that aren’t truthfully stating who they are voting for similar to 2016. I really think it’s going to be way closer than some of those states where Biden is currently leading by more than a few points. 

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Still in question is the amount of voters that aren’t truthfully stating who they are voting for similar to 2016. I really think it’s going to be way closer than some of those states where Biden is currently leading by more than a few points. 

There seems to be less uncertainty this time around early on. Fewer undecideds, less volatility. Biden’s running well ahead of Clinton's pace at the same point in 2016.

Not saying it will stay that way, but Biden is unquestionably the favorite right now. 

Trump is in trouble...if only the Democrats had sent a real leader. Biden is just a place holder. The VP will be the big decision. 

Either way it's status quo and the country is in trouble. 

11 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Trump is in trouble...if only the Democrats had sent a real leader. Biden is just a place holder. The VP will be the big decision. 

Either way it's status quo and the country is in trouble. 

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.  Biden is going to be reversing Trump policy on most every front.

Just now, homersapien said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.  Biden is going to be reversing Trump policy on most every front.

homer if you have been paying any attention to me over the years you will see that I do not approve of the current Democrat way. Pendulum swings are not in the best interest of the entire country. It only feeds the promises to a few. Trouble is on the horizon. 

32 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

homer if you have been paying any attention to me over the years you will see that I do not approve of the current Democrat way. Pendulum swings are not in the best interest of the entire country. It only feeds the promises to a few. Trouble is on the horizon. 

That sounds a little nihilistic to me.  You at least need to be more specific in describing what you mean by the "current Democrat way".

From my standpoint, I think the greatest threats to our country - in no particular order - are: 

• income/wealth inequality,  polarization
  • increasing governmental oligarchy resulting from said income/wealth polarization
  • political polarization
  • influence of money in our political system
  • climate change
  • unsustainable environmental and agricultural practices
  • inadequate and expensive education/vocational training systems
  • increasing power/oligarchy by corporations especially technology
  • overly expensive and under-performing healthcare system
  • racism
  • reduced U.S. global leadership and respect

I am not expecting transformative policy changes - a Democratic POTUS wouldn't necessarily resolve any those problems. But compared to 4 more years of the Trump administration they would be better in every respect. 

I don’t need to specific about anything. I stand by my statement and you aren’t getting an explanation from me because you have proven to be a non-listener when it comes to the failure of the Democratic Party direction.

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I don’t need to specific about anything. I stand by my statement and you aren’t getting an explanation from me because you have proven to be a non-listener when it comes to the failure of the Democratic Party direction.

BS.  The coming election has nothing to do with the Democrats.  It's about Trump.

If you plan to vote for Trump because you think Democrats are worse, then just say so. 

As for me being a non-listener when it comes to the failures of the Democratic Party that's just BS too.  You have no basis to say such a thing.  All of the problems I have listed above happened under both Republican administrations as well as Democratic ones - particularly under Bill Clinton.

If you don't want to talk specifics to actually argue your case, that's fine.  But please don't sit there and make up lies about me as part of your effort to avoid such a discussion.

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS.  The coming election has nothing to do with the Democrats.  It's about Trump.

If you plan to vote for Trump because you think Democrats are worse, then just say so. 

As for me being a non-listener when it comes to the failures of the Democratic Party that's just BS too.  You have no basis to say such a thing.  All of the problems I have listed above happened under Democratic administrations as well as Republican ones - particularly under Bill Clinton.

If you don't want to talk specifics to actually argue your case, that's fine.  But don't sit there and make up lies about me in your attempt to avoid such a discussion.

Ummm....since when was Clinton Republican? 😂 

Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama were all globalists and as such they severely damaged America over the last 32 years. Don't expect to vote for a guy who has been a globalist in the DC establishment over 40 years to be anything but another globalist. Biden will never push back.

17 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama were all globalists and as such they severely damaged America over the last 32 years. Don't expect to vote for a guy who has been a globalist in the DC establishment over 40 years to be anything but another globalist. Biden will never push back.

We're all "globalists" whether you like it or not. 

23 hours ago, homersapien said:

As for me being a non-listener when it comes to the failures of the Democratic Party that's just BS too.  You have no basis to say such a thing.  All of the problems I have listed above happened under both Republican administrations as well as Democratic ones - particularly under Bill Clinton.

If you don't want to talk specifics to actually argue your case, that's fine.  But please don't sit there and make up lies about me as part of your effort to avoid such a discussion.

Once again you are oblivious. And blind (I have stated numerous times that I do not support orange man in charge). 

freedom or bust 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

We're all "globalists" whether you like it or not. 

Well no, "we" are not. A true globalist considers American sovereignty as an after thought, if at all. Obama and Bush were globalists, Trump is not.

23 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Well no, "we" are not. A true globalist considers American sovereignty as an after thought, if at all. Obama and Bush were globalists, Trump is not.

Wrong on all counts.

Anyone who doesn't understand we as a species share the entire planet is several centuries behind in their worldview.  (Trump is a perfect example.)

Like I said, you can like it or not.  But you cannot change that reality.

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Once again you are oblivious. And blind (I have stated numerous times that I do not support orange man in charge). 

freedom or bust 

OK, if you don't plan to vote at all because you don't see a difference, then just say so. Like I said though, that smacks of political nihilism.

And it is you who is miss-characterizing my political position, while simultaneously avoiding any serious discussion about it.

Like I said, that's fine with me, but there's no need to disparage me based on unfounded assumptions on your part.  Go back and re-read our exchange.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:16 AM, autigeremt said:

Exhibit "A"

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wrong on all counts.

Anyone who doesn't understand we as a species don't share the entire planet is several centuries behind in their worldview.  (Trump is a perfect example.)

Like I said, you can like it or not.  But you cannot change that reality.

Nope, a true globalist is exactly as I described. "As a species" ? That left wing virtue signaling gibberish has nothing to do with American sovereignty. It is a complicated issue so you might not understand it. By the way, the globalism worldview is in decline and the nationalism worldview is ascending in country after country for precisely the issues I raised. Your reality is wrong on that too.

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Nope, a true globalist is exactly as I described. "As a species" ? That left wing virtue signaling gibberish has nothing to do with American sovereignty. It is a complicated issue so you might not understand it. By the way, the globalism worldview is in decline and the nationalism worldview is ascending in country after country for precisely the issues I raised. Your reality is wrong on that too.

#Brexit

9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

His definition doesn’t work on a political forum.  Now if we are talking the Green New Deal, well, that’s different and would be virtue signaling. 

12 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Murica!   We aren't part of the human species!

Brilliant.  :rolleyes: 

Just now, IronMan70 said:

Exactly

But I wouldn’t expect Homer to understand that. The Brits must not be part of the human species as well. 

Archived