ga lied....what do you expect from Kemp?

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

I don’t see how anyone can know for sure, but based on the lady in the video I posted who said Covid-19 deaths are reported liberally and based on the doctors I know; the evidence I am seeing points to them being over reported. Please show me evidence otherwise. I’m open minded about it. 

This article explains the concept. When the death total is significantly higher than the historical average, what are the possible explanations? What else is driving that number during this period? 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/05/us/coronavirus-death-toll-us.html

CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

In short, the death rate is higher than that explained by the official Covid rate— what’s causing that if not Covid? 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8324017/Colorado-health-officials-fire-saying-drunk-man-died-coronavirus.html

Dont care what side you're taking in this debate. This is messed up/a crazy BAC

Seven times the legal limit!! 

He should have just got some edibles, it’s legal there. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

CNP Action, an affiliate of the GOP-aligned Council for National Policy. A leaked recording of the hourlong call was provided to The Associated Press by the Center for Media and Democracy, a progressive watchdog group.

she had given the campaign a list of 27 doctors prepared to defend Trump’s reopening push.

AP reading like a Salon article Tex. Most businesses are hitting every benchmark available. What are we waiting on from CDC? Articles like this tend to draw suspicion. 

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

CNP Action, an affiliate of the GOP-aligned Council for National Policy. A leaked recording of the hourlong call was provided to The Associated Press by the Center for Media and Democracy, a progressive watchdog group.

she had given the campaign a list of 27 doctors prepared to defend Trump’s reopening push.

AP reading like a Salon article Tex. Most businesses are hitting every benchmark available. What are we waiting on from CDC? Articles like this tend to draw suspicion. 

Let businesses open. Until folks feel safe, the economy’s in the crapper.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Let businesses open. Until folks feel safe, the economy’s in the crapper.

I agree 100% and not expecting a "resurgent" economy by election day.    

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This article explains the concept. When the death total is significantly higher than the historical average, what are the possible explanations? What else is driving that number during this period? 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/05/us/coronavirus-death-toll-us.html

CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

In short, the death rate is higher than that explained by the official Covid rate— what’s causing that if not Covid? 

The death rate in the US has been increasing for years, even without Covid-19. How do you explain the increased death rate for those years when we didn’t have this virus?

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

The death rate in the US has been increasing for years, even without Covid-19. How do you explain the increased death rate for those years when we didn’t have this virus?

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

Expert statisticians do these analyses and I’m sure they factor in normal rate of increase if that’s an established trend. These jumps in death rate exceed the normal incremental increases that might be trending.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Expert statisticians do these analyses and I’m sure they factor in normal rate of increase if that’s an established trend. These jumps in death rate exceed the normal incremental increases that might be trending.

Short version: 

Because, SCIENCE!  :no:

I am not saying there have been no deaths from Covid-19. There have been many. Are drug overdose deaths or suicide deaths up because people have sheltered in place or are heart related deaths up because people were told to reserve hospitals for COVID-19 patients, etc..? I don’t know. 

Per what I posted the increase in death rate so far this year does not appear to exceed the normal expected increases. Isn’t the increase this year the same as last year and isn’t it lower than the 5 years before last year?  

Here is an interesting thing I noticed in the NY Times article you posted: 17 states show more excess deaths than COVID-19 deaths. However, all other states show more COVID-19 deaths than excess deaths. Does this mean more states are over reporting COVID-19 deaths than are under reporting deaths from COVID-19? 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Here is an interesting thing I noticed in the NY Times article you posted: 17 states show more excess deaths than COVID-19 deaths. However, all other states show more COVID-19 deaths than excess deaths. Does this mean more states are over reporting COVID-19 deaths than are under reporting deaths from COVID-19? 

I think statistics of this type take some time to be more definitive, but I saw a similar analysis for Italy that was very striking. In our federal system data gathering is less uniform. When all is said and done, however, I think this metric gives us a better sense of the true impact of the pandemic.

47 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think statistics of this type take some time to be more definitive, but I saw a similar analysis for Italy that was very striking. In our federal system data gathering is less uniform. When all is said and done, however, I think this metric gives us a better sense of the true impact of the pandemic.

I also believe it will take a lot of time to understand the true impact of the pandemic and also to understand the true impact of our various reactions to it. Actually I really don’t believe we will ever truly understand all of it and I think there will all kinds of politically motivated information provided and interpreted for us. 

53 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I also believe it will take a lot of time to understand the true impact of the pandemic and also to understand the true impact of our various reactions to it. Actually I really don’t believe we will ever truly understand all of it and I think there will all kinds of politically motivated information provided and interpreted for us. 

Here’s a prepublication study from Italy. Not yet final, but interesting.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.15.20067074v3

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don't see it.  Am I missing something? 

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Also, here is an example of what I am talking about.  Will we ever know if the blood clot developed because of inactivity due to shelter in place orders?  The doctor in Alabama in a video I posted said we have seen an increase in the number of blood clots. He suggested it was because of less activity.  Here is the message I am referring to: 

Returned home from the hospital late last night from visiting the family of a lady at church who suffered a blood clot on Sat morning (out of the blue) that went into her heart. She had been unconscious the whole time. She was a pillar of the youth group parents w/ two children (ages 12 & 9). A real sweetheart. Received word this morning that she passed away at 6:30 a.m. Her children will now grow up without a mother. She was 39.

32 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Also, here is an example of what I am talking about.  Will we ever know if the blood clot developed because of inactivity due to shelter in place orders?  The doctor in Alabama in a video I posted said we have seen an increase in the number of blood clots. He suggested it was because of less activity.  Here is the message I am referring to: 

Returned home from the hospital late last night from visiting the family of a lady at church who suffered a blood clot on Sat morning (out of the blue) that went into her heart. She had been unconscious the whole time. She was a pillar of the youth group parents w/ two children (ages 12 & 9). A real sweetheart. Received word this morning that she passed away at 6:30 a.m. Her children will now grow up without a mother. She was 39.

And he’s totally speculating, too— his speculation serves his narrative.

But, no there will of course be anecdotal cases that will raise questions. And there will be stress and mental health issues exacerbated by the impacts. But the economy did crater because of governmental shut downs. Who wants to fly? Take a cruise? Attend a concert? Not enough folks to sustain those industries. There’s a public health crisis and until it’s at least better addressed, there will be an economic crisis. And morons refusing to wear masks are part of the problem.

41 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

We may never know what caused it.

Sounds more like a plaque related break-up that caused the clot to form then reach the arteries going into heart resulting in a heart attack.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And he’s totally speculating, too— his speculation serves his narrative.

But, no there will of course be anecdotal cases that will raise questions. And there will be stress and mental health issues exacerbated by the impacts. But the economy did crater because of governmental shut downs. Who wants to fly? Take a cruise? Attend a concert? Not enough folks to sustain those industries. There’s a public health crisis and until it’s at least better addressed, there will be an economic crisis. And morons refusing to wear masks are part of the problem.

He may or may not be speculating as I have no idea if blood clots in the country are increasing or not. I don't take his proclamation at face value just as I don't accept your view either that he's totally speculating. The truth is in the facts and not in opinion. 

12 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

He may or may not be speculating as I have no idea if blood clots in the country are increasing or not. I don't take his proclamation at face value just as I don't accept your view either that he's totally speculating. The truth is in the facts and not in opinion. 

Blood clots are a complication from Covid, so I would think they are increasing for that reason. Even in a shutdown, folks have a lot to say about how active they are. My step count has actually increased.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Blood clots are a complication from Covid, so I would think they are increasing for that reason. Even in a shutdown, folks have a lot to say about how active they are. My step count has actually increased.

Also, a lot of traffic accidents and other things stemming from activities that aren't happening as much... aren't happening as much. For all the "staying inside is killing us, too" stuff, there might be just as many "staying inside is protecting us from more than just COVID" anecdotes. Which, as you said, is what all of it is at this point- anecdotal. Like your step count, my neighborhood's bike paths and outdoor common areas have never seen more traffic. 

47 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I agree. People can adjust as I too walk more now just to get in some exercise. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, a lot of traffic accidents and other things stemming from activities that aren't happening as much... aren't happening as much. For all the "staying inside is killing us, too" stuff, there might be just as many "staying inside is protecting us from more than just COVID" anecdotes. Which, as you said, is what all of it is at this point- anecdotal. Like your step count, my neighborhood's bike paths and outdoor common areas have never seen more traffic. 

I was listening to WSB in Atlanta today. They said surprisingly in Georgia traffic accidents were up during the shelter in place order. This was on a news report and not on a talk show. I guess the theory is people might speed and do other unwise things more often when there is not as much traffic. 

On 5/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I agree 100% and not expecting a "resurgent" economy by election day.    

i almost think you have come around from the dark side.

Archived