ga lied....what do you expect from Kemp?

aubiefifty

14 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I was listening to WSB in Atlanta today. They said surprisingly in Georgia traffic accidents were up during the shelter in place order. This was on a news report and not on a talk show. I guess the theory is people might speed and do other unwise things more often when there is not as much traffic. 

Auto insurance companies are giving partial premiums back because they are paying less for auto accidents. That is a fact. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, alexava said:

Auto insurance companies are giving partial premiums back because they are paying less for auto accidents. That is a fact. 

Yes, our insurance company sent us a letter saying we were getting a 15% reduction during this time. We received it some time ago. I wonder if it was based on anticipated savings or real savings. I was surprised to hear that report from WSB. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

We got fitty bucks back from USAA. That was a nice gesture. 

Evidently on a broader scale, traffic accidents have declined so much that the organ donor supply is running low. And it's not just traffic, of course. Like I said before, it's lots of activities that carry risk that just aren't being done as much.

Deaths from accidents are the biggest source of organs for transplant, accounting for 33% of donations, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing, UNOS, which manages the nation's organ transplant system.

But since the coronavirus forced Californians indoors, accidents have declined. Traffic collisions and fatalities in the state dropped by half in the first three weeks of sheltering in place, according to a study by the University of California-Davis. Drowning deaths dropped 80% in California, according to data compiled by the nonprofit Stop Drowning Now.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-05-19/fewer-traffic-accidents-during-coronavirus-shutdown-means-longer-waits-for-organ-donations

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We got fitty bucks back from USAA. That was a nice gesture. 

Evidently on a broader scale, traffic accidents have declined so much that the organ donor supply is running low. And it's not just traffic, of course. Like I said before, it's lots of activities that carry risk that just aren't being done as much.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-05-19/fewer-traffic-accidents-during-coronavirus-shutdown-means-longer-waits-for-organ-donations

We got a good chunk back from Geico. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

That’s for sure!! 

Ive gotten back a huge chunk from GEICO and also driving in Houston, it’s smooth sailing!! 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’ve talked to several who have gotten rebates. ALFA hasn’t offered me s***. 

Time to tell them you may or may not be exploring other options....................

On 5/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I agree 100% and not expecting a "resurgent" economy by election day.    

My little home town is a tiny sample, but this past week every recently re-opened establishment has been bustling with activity. Parking is hard to find in some places, which is abnormal around here. We are resurging! :)

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Time to tell them you may or may not be exploring other options....................

I would normally. My agent is a friend and that makes claims much easier than dealing with a stranger. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i almost think you have come around from the dark side.

Fail to see how using a bit of common sense in regards to a devastated economy equates to "come around from the dark side".  

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I would normally. My agent is a friend and that makes claims much easier than dealing with a stranger. 

Makes sense. If anything you should hopefully get a break on your next renewal. 

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

Man, you learn a lot about your insurer when it's time to file a claim. Especially when you talk to somebody else who went through it with a different insurer. They are not all created equal. 

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Fail to see how using a bit of common sense in regards to a devastated economy equates to "come around from the dark side".  

senor salty it would appear you do not take up for the donald like you used to. it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy suga..................

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I’ve talked to several who have gotten rebates. ALFA hasn’t offered me s***. 

i have received nothing from progressive and i heard they are giving them out..............maybe i should check but why should someone have to call to get something that should have just been sent or deposted anyway. they certainly get their money on time every single month.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, TexasTiger said:

Here’s a prepublication study from Italy. Not yet final, but interesting.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.15.20067074v3

This is interesting and it fits in with what the lady in the video that I posted previously stated when she said the US is reporting Covid-19 deaths more liberally than many other countries. If hospitals are getting more money by reporting Covid-19 as a reason and if most are following the recommendation she mentioned when she said if someone has Covid-19 when they die then they are counted as a Covid-19 death and since the CDC also says to report as a Covid-19 death if it can reasonably be assumed the patient had it at time of death then I suspect deaths from this virus are over reported in the US if anything. The fact the increase in death rate in the US is exactly the same this year as it was last year so far and is actually so far less than the previous 5 years adds to the evidence leading me to this observation as well. 

I will say that based on what you posted here and other articles I have read I think it is most likely Covid-19 deaths reported from many other countries are under reported. I think this is especially the case as it relates to China. 

56 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

This is interesting and it fits in with what the lady in the video that I posted previously stated when she said the US is reporting Covid-19 deaths more liberally than many other countries. If hospitals are getting more money by reporting Covid-19 as a reason and if most are following the recommendation she mentioned when she said if someone has Covid-19 when they die then they are counted as a Covid-19 death and since the CDC also says to report as a Covid-19 death if it can reasonably be assumed the patient had it at time of death then I suspect deaths from this virus are over reported in the US if anything. The fact the increase in death rate in the US is exactly the same this year as it was last year so far and is actually so far less than the previous 5 years adds to the evidence leading me to this observation as well. 

I will say that based on what you posted here and other articles I have read I think it is most likely Covid-19 deaths reported from many other countries are under reported. I think this is especially the case as it relates to China. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/coronavirus-covid-medicare-payments-hospitals/amp/

31 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks! This says exactly what I have been told and have thus been saying. There is a financial incentive to report deaths as Covid-19. And the vast majority of deaths from this virus are elderly people. I’m not at all interested in the opinions in this article. I am interested in the facts though. 

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Thanks! This says exactly what I have been told and have thus been saying. There is a financial incentive to report deaths as Covid-19. And the vast majority of deaths from this virus are elderly people. I’m not at all interested in the opinions in this article. I am interested in the facts though. 

You’re assuming doctors are committing widespread Medicare fraud.

59 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re assuming doctors are committing widespread Medicare fraud.

It isn’t necessarily fraud when you are told you can assume Covid-19 and when you can report Covid-19 every time the patient has Covid-19 at the time of death. 

5 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

It isn’t necessarily fraud when you are told you can assume Covid-19 and when you can report Covid-19 every time the patient has Covid-19 at the time of death. 

Where did the order to assume come from?    

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Where did the order to assume come from?    

The CDC

I posted this previously in this thread:

Go look at the CDC website for one example.  If a definitive diagnosis cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely, it (Covid-19) can be reported as possible or presumed. 

Guess what....those count in the reported total number of Covid-19 deaths. 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Just how many patients with Covid do you think are dying in hospitals of something else?

On 5/20/2020 at 3:02 PM, wdefromtx said:

We may never know what caused it.

Sounds more like a plaque related break-up that caused the clot to form then reach the arteries going into heart resulting in a heart attack.

These are concerning for doctors as the number of patients that would normally come in for things like heart attacks, strokes, appendicitis have dramatically decreased. No way that Covid would impact those statistics except for the not seeking treatment policy.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories/hospitals-covid-fears/

My facility would see many stroke and heart attack patients a day in the ER. More of those than accidents and Austin drivers suck.

Need this to pick back up so I can get back to work. Volumes don't support staffing. Missing 40% of my pay is gonna catch up to me (sure you know how expensive Austin is to live in). Still in better shape than some friends, three of them had started working for new companies in the past year and now they got let go this week.

Least Progressive likes me and refunded 20 plus bucks on my auto insurance for April and May.

Archived