ga lied....what do you expect from Kemp?

aubiefifty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, alexava said:

I still can’t imagine this count of 93000??? Deaths being over reported by more than a thousand or two. Even if it was as much as 6-7000 how does 87000 change mentalities from 93000?

It doesn't change any mentalities. It's just confirmation bias and it feels like agenda ammo to those with a particular, firmly established viewpoint.

If getting a bit more for a Covid death financial incentive for a hospital to inflate numbers, isn’t encouraging folks to get out into the economy financial incentive for a governor to deflate them @SocialCircle?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/i-m-looking-truth-states-face-criticism-covid-19-data-n1202086

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

If getting a bit more for a Covid death financial incentive for a hospital to inflate numbers, isn’t encouraging folks to get out into the economy financial incentive for a governor to deflate them @SocialCircle?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/i-m-looking-truth-states-face-criticism-covid-19-data-n1202086

There are all kinds of incentives going both ways. This is why I am only after the truth without the political spin or opinion. I can read and understand and interpret data. I don’t need anyone spinning it for me.....either way. 

This was especially true for your excess death data. When you look at the numbers you realize the excess death rate is the same as it was last year and you realize it is actually less than it was the 5 years before that in the US. You come to understand the writers of the article had a narrative and it didn’t match the data. 

3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

There are all kinds of incentives going both ways. This is why I am only after the truth without the political spin or opinion. I can read and understand and interpret data. I don’t need anyone spinning it for me.....either way. 

But are you getting good data?

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But are you getting good data?

If anything the number of Covid-19 deaths has been over reported starting with the original 2.2 million estimate from the CDC. Even given this, the take away from the data is exactly the same:

Those elderly and/or with underlying medical conditions should remain cautious and limit contact with others as much as possible and all others should be free to get back out there. 

14 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

If anything the number of Covid-19 deaths has been over reported starting with the original 2.2 million estimate from the CDC. Even given this, the take away from the data is exactly the same:

Those elderly and/or with underlying medical conditions should remain cautious and limit contact with others as much as possible and all others should be free to get back out there. 

You’re spreading misinformation. The CDC didn’t estimate 2.2M deaths. A British report gave that number if nothing was done to stop the spread. Trump used that high number to claim success.

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-one-model-simulated-22-million-us-deaths-covid-19

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re spreading misinformation. The CDC didn’t estimate 2.2M deaths. A British report gave that number if nothing was done to stop the spread. Trump used that high number to claim success.

The highest estimate I ever heard was 200k by August 1. 

We got to 100k in about 2 1/2 months. If this recent slow down continues then we won't get to that number by that date but I'm not sure that trump wants to be dick wagging when we're halfway there at the halfway mark. (Tongue in cheek, of course. The dick wagging has been extraordinarily tactless, tasteless, juvenile, asinine and embarrassing by any measure.)

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The highest estimate I ever heard was 200k by August 1. 

We got to 100k in about 2 1/2 months. If this recent slow down continues then we won't get to that number by that date but I'm not sure that trump wants to be dick wagging when we're halfway there at the halfway mark. (Tongue in cheek, of course. The dick wagging has been extraordinarily tactless, tasteless, juvenile, asinine and embarrassing by any measure.)

Moments after I posted that, the President used the estimate @SocialCircle is complaining about to brag about how well he is doing.

D3A5F02C-4D97-42B2-9D61-2AC77B8B82D9.jpeg

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Moments after I posted that, the President used the estimate @SocialCircle is complaining about to brag about how well he is doing.

Jesus Christ. He's still on about the China thing?? Even the clowns in here have quit trying to claim that as a victory. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This is the what Fauci and our lady friend took to Trump and it was based on this model. I stand corrected. It was Fauci and our lady friend. 

51 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Well that is what he was told by Fauci. He should use it.

6 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Well that is what he was told by Fauci. He should use it.

Just before this you cited it as the example for bad and misleading statistics. Trump tweets it moments later and you applaud its use. I think you just demonstrated everything we need to know about your commitment to accuracy and objectivity. 😂

That’s the beauty of forecasting and prediction modeling, it’s all subject to assumptions and every model can give you a different answer.  Technically he’s not wrong and he’s not right either. 

Thats how the weatherman keeps his job. I wish I could be wrong most of the time but keep my job and be the most liked guy on the news. 

25 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That’s the beauty of forecasting and prediction modeling, it’s all subject to assumptions and every model can give you a different answer.  Technically he’s not wrong and he’s not right either. 

Thats how the weatherman keeps his job. I wish I could be wrong most of the time but keep my job and be the most liked guy on the news. 

But if you slam a prediction one moment and embrace it the next because your guy tweets it, your credibility is pretty shot.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But if you slam a prediction one moment and embrace it the next because your guy tweets it, your credibility is pretty shot.

Credibility seems to be lacking in importance to many people these days. 

47 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He didn’t slam it initially because he trusted our “expert” would be providing at least reasonable estimates to him. He slammed it now because our “expert” delivered a very poor estimate.

26 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

He didn’t slam it initially because he trusted our “expert” would be providing at least reasonable estimates to him. He slammed it now because our “expert” delivered a very poor estimate.

He didn’t slam it now. He said it was accurate but he stemmed the tide!

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And he did slam it initially.

These people, man. 

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That is slamming it out of the park don’t you think?

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And he did slam it initially.

These people, man. 

Pure denial.  It would be laughable if it weren't so serious.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Pure denial.  It would be laughable if it weren't so serious.

I think he decided to shut things down based on the model presented to him by Fauci and our lady friend. How is that denial? 

15 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I think he decided to shut things down based on the model presented to him by Fauci and our lady friend. How is that denial? 

“Our lady friend...” 

21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Just before this you cited it as the example for bad and misleading statistics. Trump tweets it moments later and you applaud its use. I think you just demonstrated everything we need to know about your commitment to accuracy and objectivity. 😂

It has been proven to be wrong.  However, it was provided to Trump by Fauci, so he is more than justified in using it.  In fact, it was used to close down the economy, so why shouldn't he use it now?  Is it wrong because of the actions that were taken?  There is no way to know for sure now is there? 

My belief is it was wrong to begin with and we would not have lost over 2 million people to Covid-19 or close to it unless you had governors in every state putting elderly patients with Covid-19 back into those care facilities with elderly people who didn't have Covid-19.  

Archived